What’s up, people? Rolling into the weekend with a smile over here! On tap, I’m teaching BODYPUMP, getting a much-needed haircut, going to dinner and a cool event in the City with Dave and trying out a spa experience with Jill on Sunday afternoon. But today, it’s all about some tasty foods I’ve been enjoying lately and a giveaway for you! Take a seat, relax, read through and enter to win. Let’s go!
Latest favorite things
Favorite food: Siggi’s Yogurt and a *GIVEAWAY*
I know that there are a lot of people out there living the dairy-free life, and I support people making choices about the things they want to put into their bodies. But I mean, yogurt. Don’t you miss yogurt? Especially high-quality healthy yogurt, like the Siggi’s Icelandic-style strained variety, which is pretty low in sugar and very high in flavor? (Apologies to those who have a real dairy sensitivity, because that’s not fun at all, and I feel for you!)
While I normally go with Greek yogurt, Siggi’s is a dream and a good high-protein solution, and believe it or not — yogurt can totally be an on-the-go snack — just bring a spoon in the car. I’ve mentioned super-smooth Siggi’s as a favorite before, but I’m doing it again because I have a big giveaway for you: One lucky reader will get one month of Siggi’s yogurt. More details below.
Favorite snack: GoMacro Thrive Bars
I haven’t met a GoMacro bar that I didn’t like, and that’s the truth. The GoMacro folks sent me a variety pack of their latest superfood ancient seed and nut bars, Thrive, and the flavors are super unique. For instance, blueberry lavender? So good! I think it’s my favorite, although ginger lemon is pretty tasty too.
I’ve been eating these for afternoon snacks lately, and they are quite filling. And of course, they are organic, gluten free, non-GMO, kosher, soy free, vegan and low glycemic — so basically healthy. If you want to order them online, head to the GoMacro site and use the code Thrive30 for 30 percent off your order.
Favorite flavors: Raw Spice Bar
This is a such a cute and totally cost-effective gift idea for someone who loves to cook, or someone who loves to put spices on their roasted veggies, like me. The Raw Spice Bar folks sent me a sample of their monthly small-batch spice pack, which, by the way is only $8 per month, and it’s delivered directly to your door. How cute are these packs?
These spices are whole, freshly ground and from all over the world. Organic. Paleo. Sugar free. Vegan. Gluten free, etc. Which are good claims, because when you start to look at the ingredients of a lot of tasty spices out there, they are rarely clean. I sprinkled Chipotle Smoked Salt all over my roasted broccoli, and Dave and I used the Sun Dried Tomato Pizza on a pizza — they were both delish. Such a fun thing to switch up the flavors in your kitchen. Thanks, Raw Spice Bar. Check out more from the company here.
Favorite recent reads: Food, Beauty and More
Did you miss the latest on A Lady Goes West?
- Favorite things: Bootybarre, BODYPUMP, Lemonade restaurant, TV and more
- A get-it-done weekend and my weekly workout report
- What I ate Wednesday: Simple and easy work-day meals
And more things worth reading …
- BEAUTY: I don’t know about you, but because I get gel manicures so often, my natural nails are a mess. This looks like a cool way to get them back to health, from Lauren Conrad: “Nail Files: DIY Gel Polish Recovery Treatment.”
- FOOD: Great post on why we don’t need to be wrapped up too much in always trying to eat perfectly clean. Eat for feeling too. “I’m a Nutritionist! Three Things I Wish I Learned About Food in School.”
- BAY AREA: I know I mention how much I love where I live a lot, but I do. This just confirms it. Check out this about my ‘hood, the Creek. “A Modern Guide to Walnut Creek: Trendy Restaurants, Rooftop Bars and Lots of Shopping.”
- FITNESS: Okay, ready to laugh? Remember a few months ago when I went to be part of a Reebok and Les Mills video campaign and participated in the shoot overnight? It was super cool to be included. Well the video finally came out, and it looks like I got chopped out of the footage entirely. At least I know I was there in the class scene. Check out this awesome instructor thank-you — not featuring me — but still so moving: “Les Mills Instructor Tribute.”
Have a wonderful day, eat some healthy food, have some fun and enjoy your weekend!
The prize: One month supply of Siggi’s yogurt (30 coupons for one free yogurt)
Rules: This giveaway is open only to those who live in the U.S. I will randomly select a winner from the comments on Thursday, October 27.
To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. You can enter a separate comment for each of the following actions, and each comment is an extra chance to win. If you don’t see the comment field, then click on the headline of this post to bring it up on the bottom of the screen.
- Leave a comment if you follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram.
- Leave a comment if you follow A Lady Goes West on Facebook.
- Leave a comment if you follow Siggi’s Dairy on Instagram.
- Leave a comment if you Tweeted about the giveaway (Tweet below).
- Leave a comment telling me one thing you are happy for.
Read more Favorite things
*This giveaway is not sponsored, but the brand is providing the product to the winner.
Questions of the day
What’s your favorite part of your week?
Want to win? Leave your comment below!