I’m always thinking about my next meal.
I have a few healthy go-to recipes, and I’m always adding more. For me, food is fuel for my life of fitness and a big source of enjoyment, and I don’t have any dietary restrictions.
Whether I’m documenting my daily meals, visiting restaurants or creating new recipes, you’ll see food makes a frequent appearance on A Lady Goes West. I’m constantly taking pictures of my food and sharing them, especially on Instagram, and I’m a big fan of food prep, which I do each week. (And here’s a list of some of my quick and easy grocery staples for the week.)
Living in the the San Francisco Bay Area affords me the opportunity to eat well at many restaurants on the weekends, but I try to keep my mid-week meals home-cooked and healthy. I live by the 80/20 moderation rule, meaning I can have some dessert and wine on the weekends and not feel bad about it, and I never say no to carbs.
- Two cacao superfood truffle and bark recipes
- Honey and nut no-bake pumpkin energy balls
- Hearty and nutty quinoa breakfast bowl
- Sweet green smoothie
- Go-to healthy breakfast of overnight oats
- Must-try zucchini green smoothie
- Quinoa egg scramble
- Easy mango salsa tilapia
- Sensational sweet potato smoothie
- Two ways to try healthy matcha green tea
- Frozen Greek yogurt bark experiment
- The easiest ways to cook spaghetti squash
- The many ways to eat sweet potatoes
- Healthy Greek turkey lettuce wraps
- How to make zucchini noodles
- Collard greens super smoothie
- Fall breakfast idea: Healthy pumpkin zoats
- How to make a 5-minute protein pancake
- Best-ever coconut protein overnight oats
- Blue chocolate protein milk-shake smoothie
- Two super-healthy snack recipes using prunes
- Orange dream mango protein smoothie
Pictures of my daily eats
If you want to see daily recaps of some of the things I eat, be sure to check out my “What I Ate Wednesday” posts, which you can also access along the sidebar in the categories section. Eat up!