Hi, friends! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wearing some green? I hope you are! It was a warm and sunny week over here in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we loved that. This past week was a good one — I started teaching three new Bootybarre classes on the schedule at 24 Hour Fitness Walnut Creek Super Sport, fit in my own workouts, worked and even took Rudy on some extra afternoon strolls on the Iron Horse Trail by our house. (I also did our taxes, which was less than fun, especially when you live in the great-taxed state of California, UGH.)
This weekend, Dave and I are taking some friends out to a nice Italian dinner in Danville (they watched Rudy while we were away in Chicago, so we owe them big-time), and then doing a lot of relaxing. Who knows what we’ll get up to. Because it’s the end of the week, let’s keep it light around here and jump right into some favorites …
My favorite food: Fresh pineapple
I eat a banana every single morning without fail, I have sweet dates every single day, and I also almost always have an avocado, so I’d like to think there is plenty of fruit in my daily life. But truly, I’ve been missing out. Last week, I was walking by the fresh pineapple section of Safeway, and for some reason, decided to pick up a container. I’m glad I did. Wow! So good!
I don’t know how long it’s been since I ate fresh pineapple, but it is the juiciest and most delicious thing ever. When I took my first bite, I literally gasped. And every afternoon this week, I crept into the kitchen and stood over the sink to chow down on multiple pieces of this mouth-watering fruit, full of vitamin C. Oh and by the way, apparently pineapple season starts in March, so these babies are at peak freshness. I typically ate the pineapple alone, but it pairs really well with full-fat Greek yogurt too. Do yourself a favor and get theeeee some pineapple. It’s like a Caribbean vacation in a single bite.
My favorite room addition: Fresh flowers
When Dave and I hosted our dinner party last weekend, one of the gal’s brought over some flowers for me. And I tell you, those little beauties really brighten up the room. It made me think I should buy myself flowers more regularly.
If you watch any of the Real Housewives series, you know that those ladies are lucky enough to have massive fresh flower arrangements delivered for their living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms and bedrooms once a week, and in spite of the money that must cost, I see why. It sure does look nice, and it’s also quite calming to have the vibes of real plants around. (I’m not good at keeping plants alive, by the way. But flowers are short-term, and I can handle that.) Anywho, flowers are always a welcome hostess gift!
My favorite new technology: Magic Mouse 2
Okay guys, do your fingers ever get sore from using your laptop without a mouse? I’ve found that mine do. A few weeks ago, I FINALLY purchased a mouse for my MacBook, and I LOVE having it to use.
The wireless Magic Mouse 2 isn’t as easy to set up as any regular old plug-in mouse. In fact, I had to update my MacBook software to get it to sync, but it’s so smooth, and once I got it up and running, it’s been seamless. Truthfully, computing is getting a lot better for me, because I used to use a PC at work, then come home and use a Mac. But now, I’m doing everything on my Mac, and that makes life way easier. Nonetheless, having a mouse is clutch. I’m happy to have one at my fingertips. Literally.
My favorite links from around the web
Here are a few great things from the Interwebs this week …
- You know I love to talk about protein. Here’s a list of complete proteins that are plant-based and not protein powders.
- I’ve shared this before, but it’s too good. Get up from your desk and do this yoga squat. Your body will thank you.
- A few people have asked me lately if I am gluten-free. I am not. I don’t have a sensitivity to gluten, and I like gluten. I eat mostly veggies and proteins that don’t have gluten, but I also have whole wheat bread, muffins, pizza and whole wheat pasta each week, so that’s a lot of gluten. I happen to like some gluten-free bread products though, which I often post pictures of, which may be why you get that idea. Anyhow, this article on the gluten-free craze dying down is a good one.
- There was a big healthy food expo in Southern California last weekend and here are some of the food trends for the year that came out of that. I’m super excited to see new versions and flavors of infused nut butter. How about you?
- Avocados, you can do no wrong. Who wants to make this?
- Oh and thanks SO much to all of my instructor friends for the love on this post.
Hope you have a fabulous day and weekend! See you soon! 🙂Need some entertainment? Check out @apstyle latest favorites in #food #fitness and #life ... Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
Have you found anything cool lately worth sharing?
Do you have to shift between using a PC and Mac? So tough!