Bay Area living is good living.
It’s “Everybody’s Favorite City,” and it’s been my home for four years. My husband, Dave, and I moved to San Francisco from Orlando, Florida in the fall of 2012 for his job with the Bay Area’s NBA team. Although we miss our friends and my family back in Florida, living in the San Francisco Bay Area is incredible, and we absolutely love it.
When I first moved here, I had to adapt to tiny-apartment living, the walking lifestyle and the casual attire, but it soon became second nature. And after two-and-a-half years of living in neighborhoods like SoMa and Nob Hill right in the heart of downtown San Francisco, we moved outside the City to an area called Walnut Creek in the East Bay, where I enjoy a little bit more space and the ability to have a car. We’re currently just a hop, skip and a jump away from the action and frequently return for events and urban fun, but we totally enjoy laying our heads down at night in “the Creek.”
San Francisco posts
Here’s a look at some of my favorite San Francisco posts.
- The best eats and activities in San Francisco
- Run the Golden Gate Bridge
- The perfect day in San Francisco
- The San Francisco pride parade
- Outside Lands Music Festival
- The symphony in San Francisco
- The North Beach Festival
- Baseball games in the Bay Area
- Beach Blanket Babylon
- A park day is a good day
- Biking around the Bay
- Tastes of North Beach
- The Bay to Breakers experience
- Culinary walking tour of the Mission District
- Top 10 things to do in San Francisco
- Top 25 restaurants in San Francisco
- What I’ve learned from two years in San Francisco
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival
Nearly every weekend, we discover something new around the Bay Area, so I frequently write about our regular explorations. But some of the best times have taken place when we’ve had visitors, so here’s a look at the itineraries.
- Florida Girls in the City
- Sausalito with my Mom
- Exploring the Haight with my Mom
- Wine Country with my Mom
- My family’s Thanksgiving visit
- Stinson Beach with Dave’s Dad
- Four days of fun with my Mom
- Touring the Embarcadero with friends
- Biking to Sausalito with friends
- How to have a great day in Napa
- City fun with a visitor and Napa
Are you planning a trip to San Francisco? If you have any questions at all, just ask!