73 questions and 73 answers coming your way! But why you ask? This post is inspired by the Vogue magazine 73 question online video series with celebrities that’s been going on the last couple of years. The gist is this: It’s 73 rapid-fire questions that can be asked and answered in under 10 minutes, in only one take.
One of my favorite podcasts, The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Show, recently featured these 73 questions in an episode as well, and I thought it would be fun to share my answers with you. After you read this, I encourage you to ask these questions to someone in your life and answer them for yourself! Here we go …
1. What’s your favorite time of day? Evenings after Brady goes to bed (but then I miss him). I love the sunset. But I also love mornings. Okay, this is going well so far with being brief and concise.
2. What’s your biggest weakness? Taking everything personally. Like everything.
3. What’s your biggest strength? Keeping it real.
4. What’s the biggest learning experience you’ve had? Fixing my hormones, healing from hypothalamic amenorrhea and getting pregnant. More on all that here.
5. What’s your idea of a perfect date? A long shared-plate dinner in a dark restaurant, followed by seeing a show and grabbing dessert late-night — with lots of walking and talking in between. I also love to play the question game, like in this book.
6. What’s one vice you wish you could give up? Comparison.
7. What’s a cause that is important to you? Helping people understand that what they put on their body and in their body can do a lot of harm or a lot of good.
8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? That I write like I’m talking with you together in person.
9. When are you the most inspired? When I’m listening to podcasts out on a walk or when I attend a fitness conference and get all sorts of new ideas I rarely implement …
10. Sweet or savory? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
11. What song can you listen to on repeat? Shallow from “A Star is Born.”
12. What makes you smile the most? Brady antics!
13. What’s one thing people don’t know about you? My hair is naturally SUPER curly, and I only started wearing it straight when I got a real job in my mid-twenties.
14. Heels or flats or sneakers? Cute sparkly sandal flats. But honestly, I’m always in sneakers.
15. Vintage or new? New.
16. What are the three things you can’t live without? My family. Bananas. A hair straightener.
17. Window or aisle seat? Window. But then I crawl over my seat-mates to go to the bathroom multiple times per flight.
18. What’s your current TV character obsession? I love Joan from “Mad Men.”
19. Leather or lace? Leather.
20. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life? Went on an 8-day backpacking and rock-climbing trip in the Appalachian mountains between my sophomore and junior year of college. No showers, no electricity, sleeping under the stars, didn’t know anyone on the trip. Wow. Not sure I’d do it again.
21. How would you define yourself in three words? Expressive. Determined. Personable.
22. What’s your current favorite piece of clothing that you own? These high-rise soft cotton skinny black jeans.
23. What’s a must-have clothing item everyone should own? A quality leather jacket. I have a black one and a brown one, and they are both more than five years old.
24. What’s inspiring you in life right now? Non-fiction reading and podcasts.
25. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received? Don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep your eyes on your own paper. And you never make a shot you didn’t take.
26. What’s your pet peeve? When people talk with their mouth full or have poor grammar.
27. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds. Big ones!
28. What’s something you notice about someone when you first meet them? Whether they make eye contact with you when they talk to you — so weird when they don’t.
29. What’s your biggest regret? Tough one! Not traveling more and being more carefree when I was in my early twenties.
30. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now? Taylor Swift’s new song, Me.
31. What’s your favorite board game? Tough one again! Cards Against Humanity or Scrabble.
32. What’s your guilty pleasure? Eating too much dessert on Saturday and Sunday nights. Every single weekend.
33. What book did you most recently finish? “Becoming” by Michelle Obama. Sooooo good. I loved it!
34. What are you currently reading? “Girl, Stop Apologizing” by Rachel Hollis. Thoughts coming soon.
35. How do you start your day? Snuggling Rudy, scraping my tongue (Ayurveda for the win), chugging some water, and as of late, 10 minutes of meditation using the Headspace app. Then Brady time.
36. What’s your favorite holiday? My birthday? Brady’s birthday? Christmas!
37. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Lauren Conrad.
38. If you could switch lives with one person for a day who would it be? J-Lo! I want to be able to run multiple businesses, work out hard and most of all — perform.
39. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? A contemporary dance workshop with one of those celeb choreographers.
40. What’s the one thing you wish you knew at age 19? How to properly straighten my hair on my own. Okay no, I wish I knew that everything would end up great, so just keep living life to the fullest and not worry.
41. Besides your phone or wallet, what’s a couple of must-have purse items? Lipgloss, mints, sunglasses, diapers/wipes and an extra hair elastic for my big hair.
42. If you were not a blogger or group fitness instructor, what would you be doing? A TV news reporter.
43. What’s something you can’t do? Sing well. I can sing. Just not well …
44. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken? Our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica.
45. What’s one city you’ve always dreamed of traveling to? Any town on Santorini.
46. What’s something you always travel with? My laptop. And a slumber mask.
47. Favorite food? Grass-fed burger with sweet potato fries. Or pizza.
48. Favorite dessert? Red velvet cake or carrot cake — or anything with cream cheese frosting.
49. Favorite snack? Larabars.
50. What’s a movie that made you cry? “A Star is Born.”
51. What’s your favorite movie of the last five years? “La La Land.”
52. What’s the one talent you wish you had? Natural athletic ability. I have to work SO hard to get fit and be strong and agile.
53. What’s your favorite exercise? Teaching BODYATTACK.
54. What’s your favorite band? Dave Matthews Band. Every song takes me back.
55. What’s your favorite fast food order? I don’t eat fast food. I eat junk sometimes, but I don’t do fast food. If I did, probably curly fries and a chocolate shake from Arby’s. Actually no, that’s grossing me out. No fast food. Take me to The Cheesecake Factory instead.
56. What’s something you don’t want to be doing in 10 years? Changing diapers multiple times a day.
57. What’s the cutest thing on planet earth? Brady and Rudy playing together. Die. Throw Dave in the picture with them, and I literally can’t handle it.
58. What’s the best thing that happened this year? Getting back to teaching Les Mills classes regularly.
59. What’s your favorite cocktail? Dirty vodka martini with green olives.
60. Which movie makes you laugh the hardest? “Bridesmaids.”
61. What do you usually eat for dinner? Quinoa veggie burgers, eggs, avocado and roasted vegetables.
62. What do you usually eat for lunch? Brown rice, sautéed kale, eggs, sauerkraut and sesame crackers.
63. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Collagen green tea, overnight oats with a banana and almond butter.
64. What’s your favorite thing in the world? Drinking wine, laughing and eating good food with my family in a beautiful setting.
65. What’s your favorite color? Cream.
66. What color clothing do you wear most? Black.
67. What are three words to describe living in the San Francisco Bay Area? Expensive. Busy. Opportunity.
68. Do you like surprises? Love them.
69. What’s one thing you had to learn the hard way? Too much exercise isn’t a good thing.
70. What’s something you’re tired of? Feeling unworthy and frustrated with Instagram.
71. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? My mom or Dave or Rudy.
72. What’s a trend you would like to see disappear forever? Those ugly chunky platform sneakers and flat platform sandals too. They don’t work for a tall-ish girl with big feet. And they are hideous.
73. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? Be a TV news reporter.
There you have it! If you made it to the end, major props to you. Bookmark this one, so you can ask these questions to someone else sometime. Have a fabulous day, my friends. I’ll see you over on Instagram until we meet back here again! 🙂
P.S. If you’re a blogger, you should play along — tag me so I can see your answers too!
Questions of the day
What are three words that describe you?
Who are you going to play 73 questions with?
What’s your favorite time of day?
What’s one thing you wish you knew at 19?
Are there any questions that should be on this list that aren’t?