TGIF, my people. It wasn’t the best week over in the Pitt household, I must admit, and I’ll tell you more about that soon — because I think there’s a lesson in it for us all — but let’s lighten it up and do the weekly favorites post, because that always makes things better! And we’ve got a giveaway! Let’s get right to it …
Vital Proteins collagen giveaway
You guys know I love my Vital Proteins collagen! I wanted to give you a chance to win, and there will be TWO winners, who each get a tub of their choice.
My favorite Vital Proteins products include the matcha collagen, vanilla collagen peptides and mocha collagen creamer. I use collagen every single day in my morning green tea latte, and every afternoon in my matcha latte, and I’ve been using this brand of collagen for almost three years.
I’ve found that my hair grows faster and stronger and my joints feel better when I’m regularly supplementing with collagen, but I’ve heard of people having all sorts of other benefits. Regardless, I feel like anyone can stand to add some collagen to their diet to see how it helps them. But you want to choose a high-quality brand, which Vital Proteins certainly is — grass-fed and pasture-raised bovine collagen (they also have marine collagen, which I’ve never tried).
Now for the giveaway! Here’s how to enter to win …
- Follow A Lady Goes West and Vital Proteins on Instagram.
- Leave a comment on this blog post, any comment will do. You will have to put in your email to leave a comment, but that won’t be shared publicly on the blog.
The winner must reside in the U.S. or Canada and must be following both accounts on Instagram.
This giveaway closes on Thursday. And if you want another chance to enter, my Instagram giveaway for the same prize closes tomorrow. Thanks, friends! And thanks to Vital Proteins for supporting these giveaways and for making awesome products.
Girl time and craft time
This past weekend, I spent a lot of time with different girlfriends, and it was great. During the day, I met up with my friend Katie, and we went to SoulCycle then brunch at True Food Kitchen. While I usually love True Food Kitchen, my meal was so small and not as good as usual (like the tiniest sliver of avocado, argggg, and that’s the third time I’ve seen things going downhill at my local TFK).
Anywho, I hadn’t seen Katie in a while and we had a great time catching up. She’s good people, and I met her when I was a coach at Orangetheory Fitness many moons ago. We made a promise to get together again sooner rather than later, so here’s hoping we do. Next up …
On Saturday night, I went over to a girlfriend’s house with a group of us to have dinner and do a craft. Truth be told, I’m not crafty, I don’t enjoy crafts, and I never do them. But it was fun to paint a succulent pot and have girl talk at the same time, which is just what we did. I proudly displayed my work in our family room as soon I got home (shown above), and Dave was impressed.
Wondering how we did it? Took a terra cotta pot, spray painted it white, covered the body of it with tape, then hand-painted the bottom and top with rose gold paint and a foam brush, then added some glitter to the bottom with Mod Podge. Easy as pie.
The most comfy sweater EVER, Hands down!
I heard about this brand of cozy things from The Skinny Confidential podcast, which is one of my faves, and I happened to share that with my Mom. (Want to see a list of my top podcast choices? Head here). She bought me a big cushy pashmina thing from the brand, which looked awesome on the model on the Nordstrom site, but not so awesome in reality on me.
So I had to go to the store and exchange, and I ended up with this simple black fuzzy cardigan with pockets.
It may look like any old black cardigan, but it has a bit of a fuzz factor in person and is literally one of the softest things I’ve ever owned, and I think this will be a staple for years to come. It’s been on me constantly, and I’m pretty sure I can dress it up or dress it down. Highly recommend!
Weekly workout recap
And now we’re into the fitness portion. Let’s look at my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 1-hour BODYPUMP class, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday: 30-minute CXWORX and 30-minute BODYATTACK class, 9:30 a.m., taught 1-hour barre class, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 30-minute weights workout, 11 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 1-hour barre class, 12 p.m.
- Friday: 30-minute CXWORX class, 9:30 a.m., 10 minutes of incline walking
- Saturday: 45-minute SoulCycle class, 10:45 a.m.
- Sunday: 15 minutes of BODYATTACK, 1-hour gentle yoga class, 12 p.m.
This past week was full of workouts every single day. So I know what you’re thinking — where’s the rest day? I decided to take several days off this week, so it will all equal out. Anywho, my workouts were good! I taught an extra class (got asked to sub at the last minute) and even did yoga again, so woohoo.
Here’s my solo weights workout, and I was back to supersets this week, because that’s definitely my weightlifting preference …
Best stuff from around the web
- Clean beauty. The clean beauty industry is big business, and Beautycounter is cited in this Forbes article as leading the way into the future. Who wants to join the movement? Send me a message if you want to be a part, because it’s a great opportunity to spread the love of better skincare and make some money too. Yay beauty!
- Plants. I’m guilty of overwatering my house plants. Anyone else? Here are some tips on keeping your plants alive. Let’s hope I don’t overwater my new succulent!
- Stair workout. Remember in the fitness trends for 2019 article I posted a few weeks ago I said I think we’ll see more single-piece-of-equipment workouts and classes focused on stair-steppers? Well, I just came across this 30-minute workout designed for a stair-stepper, and it looks intense. I may have to give it a try!
Hold on, Brady wanted to be in this post too …
A Lady Goes West archives
- Mom stuff. Thank you so much for letting me share this one and thank you for your feedback too. Momming ain’t easy, but it’s SO worth it … “Mom life: What I’ve learned as a work-from-home mom.”
- Snacking. Yes, you can buy healthy snacks … “Top 10 simple and clean store-bought healthy snacks.”
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Don’t forget to leave a comment on this post to enter the giveaway!
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s something great that happened this week for you?
What’s a staple you have in your closet you want to tell others about?