Hi, friends! I hope you’re doing well! I have some current faves coming your way.
This week, Dave and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary. Due to the current quarantine conditions we’re still under here in the Bay Area, we didn’t actually do anything special, but we did exchange gifts and get a take-out lunch, which was nice.
A little bit about our story: We got married in downtown Orlando with just under 100 of our closest friends and family. Then, about three months later, we decided to move from Orlando to San Francisco for Dave’s job, and the rest is history — including the beginning of A Lady Goes West. What a journey it has been together. 🙂
Anywho, let’s get to the faves for the week …
Liquid I.V. is now sold at Target!
My favorite hydration product, Liquid I.V., is now sold at Target.
I’ve been using Liquid I.V. for a couple years. It’s a powder supplement you add to your water for extra hydration and electrolytes when you need it. They have a ton of great flavors, and boy, it works.
Dave and I each have at least a few a week, especially after super sweaty workouts. Liquid I.V. keeps you from getting those dreaded dehydrated headaches that can come about after you’ve just been drenched in sweat and are struggling to drink enough water to regain your fluid balance post workout. Plus, it tastes really good — nothing weird and no aftertaste.
Now for the GIVEAWAY: Want to win a Target e-gift card?
In honor of Liquid I.V. launching at Target, I’m giving away a $25 e-gift card to Target to one reader, which you can use on anything (but may I recommend Liquid I.V.?). All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post, and I’ll choose a winner next week and email the gift card code.
Last chance to try Beautycounter for 20 percent off
Throughout the last two months, there’s been a special new client offer for my favorite nontoxic makeup and skincare brand, Beautycounter — and all first-time customers can get 20 percent off their first order. This amazing deal is coming to a close on May 31. So if you’ve been on the fence and want to try Beautycounter, now’s a great time to do it at a discount.
- You can sign up for my Beautycounter email list here for some more details on the brand.
- And you can also fill out the skincare survey here, and I will send you some personalized recommendations.
- But if you know what you want, head here, add your email address, then you’ll get a 20 percent off code emailed to you to put in when you place your first order.
I recommend the Overnight Resurfacing Peel, the Charcoal Bar, the Brightening Oil, all the makeup, the Countertime regimen and the Mineral Sunscreen Spray as great places to start. But please, reach out if you need help. And as always, thank you, for supporting my business.
Huge salads eaten outside on a hot day
I do not make salads at home very often. I love salad, but I just prefer to get my salads from restaurants for some reason. And I crave salads on warm summer days. Anyone else?
The last couple of weekends, we’ve been getting takeout for lunch from Mendocino Farms. It’s a chain restaurant in California, and the salads are so good.
Dave and I both get the avocado and quinoa salad, and it has amazing superfood crunchies in it, as well as a little heat from spiciness in the chipotle dressing. What I also love about this salad is that it’s huge and very filling.
Snacking on Keetz plant-based bites
I love finding out about new healthy snacks and sharing them with you, so I was excited to get a box of these in the mail to try out.
These Keetz plant-based snacks are so full of good ingredients and full of taste — and I mean incredibly nutrient dense in a small bite-sized ball. They are also raw, vegan and gluten free.
Keetz is a super new company, started by an NYC-based chef. And you can find them for sale on the brand’s site, as well as on Amazon and in a few stores.
The bites come in three flavors: turmeric, cacao and maca. I liked them all, but the cacao is my favorite. I ate these before workouts a few times, and they were the prefect pre-workout snack.
Animal print leggings and more from Carbon38
I have a lot of animal print belongings. But I didn’t have any animal print activewear, and I’m happy to say that has finally changed.
I had seen several of my fitness friends talking about a site called Carbon38, so I checked it out. Let’s just say they have a lot of cute activewear from different brands, so I ordered a few things. And here’s the first outfit in play …
I ordered these no-show socks, which are amazing. I also ordered these animal print high-waist leggings, this black cropped tank and this shiny black sports bra. Totally a fan, and I will definitely be ordering more soon. It was nice to find some items that don’t look like everything else on the Lululemon site. You know?
Here’s a look at my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 30-minute Les Mills GRIT Strength, practiced POP Pilates for 20 minutes, 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre virtually, 12 p.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 30-minute strength workout, practiced POP Pilates for 30 minutes, 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute POP Pilates virtually, 12 p.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Friday: 45-minute-weights circuit, 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday: Taught 45-minute barre virtually, 10 a.m.
- Sunday: 45-minute yoga flow, 10 a.m.
This week was a strong week of home workouts, with a lot of diversity and a light yoga (active recovery day). I taught three virtual classes, lifted weights three times, did two cycling workouts and practiced POP Pilates, because I just love the way POP Pilates feels on the body.
I will be MORE than ready to get back to the gym and group fitness one day, but right now, I feel like I’m in a good place with my home workouts.
Speaking of workouts, I know I’ve mentioned this particular 40-minute workout before, but it’s worth mentioning again …
It’s a class on Les Mills On Demand that isn’t one of the signature group fitness programs you’d find in a gym, it’s a hybrid workout made just for Les Mills On Demand called “Les Mills Training Strength 1.” I did it again recently and loved it … By the way: You can get a 30-day free trial of Les Mills On Demand by using my referral link here to give “Les Mills Training Strength 1” a try for yourself.
A few things from around the web …
- Comedy. I grew up watching “Seinfeld” and still laugh when an episode is on and I catch a few minutes of the interactions. Well, last week, Dave and I watched Jerry Seinfeld’s new stand-up comedy special “23 Hours to Kill” on Netflix, and I literally couldn’t breathe at times I was cracking up so much, especially with his jokes about marriage. Highly recommend.
- Smoothie tips. Do you like to make smoothies at home? If so, make sure you’re including more than just fruits and veggies so your smoothie keeps you full. Here’s a good checklist of some things to throw in the blender next time you’re going to make a smoothie.
- How to choose a dumbbell. If you’re in the market for some dumbbells, or are just wondering which size to use during your home workouts, the big determining factor is what type of workout you are doing. For barre workouts, very light, for bootcamp workouts, a bit heavier. Here’s an article with great tips on how to choose. But remember, work on your form before you add weight.
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives …
- Inspiration. It’s something we all need in life, especially right now … “How to find inspiration (and why you should care).”
- Food. I know you guys love to talk about food, so here’s a list of what I always have on hand … “Five grocery staples I’m currently obsessed with.”
Thank you for being here, my friends. I’ll see you soon! xoxo
Don’t forget to leave a comment on this blog post in order to be entered to win the Target e-gift card!
(By the way, I also have a giveaway on Instagram going on for a foam roller, so head here to enter that one as well.)
Questions of the day
How was your week?
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s one good thing you’ve discovered lately?