Happy Friday, my friends! I’m still coming to you from Los Angeles, where I’m down enjoying IDEA BlogFest and the IDEA World Fitness Convention. You can expect a full recap early next week, but it’s safe to say I’m having a great time. I’m here with some amazing people, soaking up all of the fitness, food and a whole lot of blogging fun. Here’s just a snapshot …
Good fun taking place in LA. I’m loving my Fabletics outfit (<<—- referral link!) I wore most of yesterday, and I’m also loving the time with my roommate Heather and all the other fabulous ladies I’ve met.
But today, because it’s Friday, I’m here to give you a little dose of the usual …
My latest “Friday Favorites” from the week
Every single Friday, I like to take a minute to pull together a few random things that have been bringing a smile to my face into one post. No rhyme, no reason, just the good stuff — to help you start your weekend. Here we go …
My favorite new handy travel case
As you can imagine, I’m traveling with my computer during this trip, and it is safely transported in one stylish case. I didn’t have to feel worried about it bouncing around in my big bag during my flight or while walking around the convention center and hotel.
The folks at InCase so nicely let me pick out something from their line of cases, and I selected the ruby-colored neoprene sleeve for my MacBook Air. It fits nice and snug and has just enough padding to keep my computer safe. The inside is polyester and is quite soft. Plus the color is just the best. The sleeve runs around $40 and comes in two other colors. There’s definitely a lot of stuff available on the InCase site, so head on over there if you’re in need of some cases for your various technology.
My favorite new sneaks
I have to admit that I have nearly this same style Nike sneaker in two other colors. But when you know what you like, you know what you like. Last Friday, Dave and I popped out to DSW in the afternoon when he got home early, and I picked up these, after spending far too much time trying on every sneaker in the store.
I’m loving these Nike Zoom Fly 2 kicks, because they are simple and versatile.
While they aren’t quite as bright and exciting as I would like, I figured they could be my “neutral” sneakers. They are cushioned enough for teaching BODYATTACK or for running on the treadmill at Orangetheory. And yes, they are donning my feet during my time in LA this week for BlogFest and IDEA World. Super comfy. I just love the feel of wearing new shoes.
My favorite tasty and refreshing treat
I’ve been a Jamba Juice fan ever since I was first introduced to the smoothie chain back in college. A couple of Mondays ago, Dave had a rare weekday off, so he joined me for lunch after I finished teaching at Orangetheory. He rode his bike and met me outside the studio, and we walked together over to the Jamba Juice in downtown Walnut Creek.
This pina colada smoothie on a Monday made me feel like I was miles away from my daily life and responsibilities. Good stuff! Even though I probably wouldn’t wear my work shirt while on vacation in reality.
We had a gift certificate to spend, compliments of Jamba Juice, and decided to get a variety of things, including the brand new Colada Fruit refreshers made with coconut water and other fresh fruit. This pina colada drink tasted like a tropical island, and I mean, it was so good. While there, we talked about our previous vacations and upcoming trip to Hawaii while sitting at a table under an umbrella, and it was just wonderful. We also ordered some standard veggie-based smoothies, which were great. I love smoothies so much, but I actually enjoy them even more when I don’t have to pull out my own ingredients and blender. Am I right?
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Weekend and a blogger event — A weekend of work, play and my workouts
- Rudy talk — A few reflections from a new puppy owner
- Food — My eats and heading off on an adventure
- Blogging and thoughts — Cure your writer’s block with these prompts
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends! And be sure to check me out on Instagram for more adventures at IDEA BlogFest and the fitness convention. Talk to you soon!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s one thing you’re loving lately?