Well hello there, Friday! I hope you’ve been having a great week! There’s a good chance that while you’re reading this post, I’m enjoying my first full day in Maui. Even though I’m away from the computer today, I couldn’t miss a chance to share a selection of good stuff in my weekly “Friday Favorites.” But as you gathered from the headline, there’s a twist. I’m bringing you the favorites of the one-and-only Dave, folks. (That’s the husband, for those of you who are new around here.)
My (Dave’s) latest “Friday Favorites” of the week
When I told Dave that I wanted to showcase a few of his favorites on the blog, it took about three seconds for him to name them off. He was rather excited to get the spotlight, even though I told him I would be doing the writing. And no, his favorites are nothing like mine, so sit back, relax and enjoy Dave’s favorite things …
Dave’s favorite cold beverage and tool
A self-proclaimed beer snob, Dave has always been into craft beers. The weirder, the better. His current favorite cold beverage of choice is Lagunitas beer, particularly the India Pale Ale. There’s always a six-pack or more in our fridge for him, and he loves to enjoy a couple cold ones. And how does he open his beers? With world’s greatest bottle opener.
Dave is obsessed with this Craftsman Wrench bottle-opener, which he received almost 10 years ago when he was a groomsman in a friend’s wedding. This thing is super heavy and opens up bottles with ease. True story: On Fourth of July of this year, I brought this little tool with us when we went to see fireworks with some friends, and for a split second, thought it was lost when we got home. I think that was the maddest split second of our relationship that Dave had ever spent, when he thought I had lost it. He’s quite protective of this thing. It’s unique. Moral of the story, if you’re looking for a cool gift for a guy, may I suggest one of these? It’s truly Dave’s prize possession.
Dave’s favorite accessories and collection
A watch person. Dave loves watches, and even though he is right-handed, he has always worn his watch on his right arm. Weird! Not a year goes by that I don’t get Dave a new watch for a birthday or holiday, and his selection has become quite varied. Outside of his love of different sneakers, watches are what he shops for most frequently.
Once he started to build his collection, he realized he needed a place to keep them in check. And my sweet Momma bought Dave this fancy Watch Box organizer for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it sits on top of his dresser. Isn’t he cool? Sort of like a manly jewelry box. But don’t call it that.
Dave’s favorite techy toy
Dave likes to have music on at all times. He even listens to music while working (which is not something I can do, I need total silence when I’m concentrating). Over the years, he’s gone through a number of portable speaker set-ups and this one by SOL Republic is his favorite to date.
Perhaps the best thing about these SOL Republic Wireless Speaker Decks is the noise they make when you turn them on or off. It’s a fun little number.
Dave will sometimes even put the little one in his pocket for music during picnics and hikes — basically, I can always count on him to have the tunes cued up. These speakers are particularly awesome because you control the volume and song on your phone, so you don’t even have to be sitting near the speaker. There’s some feature called “heist” on these as well, which Dave has explained to me and I don’t care about, nor understand, but I guess that’s a big selling point as well.
Dave’s favorite hot beverage and morning ritual
Coffee. Yes, coffee. Because I don’t drink coffee, Dave gets to select the brew of choice around here, and it’s always this same Peet’s limited-edition Warriors Ground dark roast. Don’t tell him I told you, but he’s not super alert nor chatty until he gets that first taste of caffeine in the morning and he prefers to drink it out of his favorite mug when he can.
How does he drink his coffee? Cream and sugar of course. Nothing fancy, folks. Two cups-a-day … never more, never less. It’s an integral part of his day, that’s for sure. And he loves to support Peet’s by stopping there instead of Starbucks when we’re out and about, in addition to drinking Peet’s products at home. And this particular Warriors roast actually came about because of a partnership that Dave created at work, so he has the creative ownership of this line too. Pretty cool, right?
And there you have it, a few of Dave’s favorites! No obscure healthy-living products or protein powders for this guy. He keeps it simple. Much unlike myself.
My favorite links of the week
Now we’re back to my stuff, but I’m sure Dave would want to ask you this too: Did you miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- My workouts and weekend — My low-key weekend and my weekly workouts
- Word nerds, unite — Where do these popular sayings come from?
- My food pictures — It’s A ‘What I Ate Wednesday’ Kind of Day
- Your story — How to create an elevator speech for yourself
That’s it for today, my friends! As always, I hope your weekend is fabulous! I’ll be checking in on Instagram from Maui and will see you back here on Monday!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
- Tasty stuff and a giveaway
- Snacks, gold, clothes and more
- A healthy giveaway and more
- A fitness giveaway and more
- Samples, workouts and more
*Please note: While this post is not sponsored, there are affiliate links included. Thanks for your support!
Questions of the day
What’s something good that happened in your week?
Do you have a fun recent favorite to share?
What are you up to this weekend?