We’ve almost made it through another week! I don’t know about you, but even though I enjoy much of my work and activities throughout the weekdays, I’m still craving the weekend. Especially now that I don’t have to wake up super-early on Saturdays to teach. Not that I sleep in late or anything, but it’s just the point that I could if I wanted to.
This morning, I’m off to teach BODYATTACK. And I’ve also got work, errands and a hair appointment on the agenda. The rest of the weekend will be very chill. Dave is golfing twice, and I’ve got a list of pre-Hawaii-trip-related to-dos to take care of. I’m hoping to find a new bathing suit, begin my packing and get a post-or-two ready to go live for you when I’m gone. But I’ll stop rambling, and we can get to today’s topic …
My latest “Friday Favorites” of the week
Keeping it light and easy today, it’s all about my favorite finds as of late …
My favorite delivery of the week
Have you ever heard of Bulu Box? It’s basically a Birchbox (<–referral link!) for healthy-living products. Each month, a selection of four-to-five sample-sized products, including vitamins, supplements and foods, is sent to your door in a bright orange box. You get to try the samples out, and then can go onto the Bulu Box website to order the full-sized versions, if you enjoy them. You can also earn reward points for shopping just by answering a follow-up survey after each box, which is totally a feature I can get behind and would utilize. (I love taking surveys!)
As part of a campaign for Sweat Pink, I received a complimentary Bulu Box this month. Sadly, the box arrived a little damaged, but I was very excited to search inside. My box included the following:
- Two bags of Quest Protein Powder “Peanut Butter” flavor
- One Mediterra Savory Sundried Tomato & Basil nutrition bar
- One bag of Movit Energy Gummies
- One packet of Yerba Prima Daily Fiber Formula powder
- One small tub of Earth’s Care Anti-Itch Cream
Based on my first box, it does seem like this service is something I’d be interested in. I’ve wanted to try the Quest Protein Powder for a while, especially this particular flavor, so that’s pretty cool I received it (and yes, it is totally tasty!). And I’m always interested in new nutrition bars. When it comes to the fiber powder and anti-itch cream, perhaps I’ll toss those in the cabinet and find good uses for them one day, and I know Dave will love the gummies as a pick-me-up before his morning runs. Overall, I love to get mail, I love to try new products and for the low price of $10 a month, it seems like Bulu Box is a good deal and would also be an awesome gift for a health-conscious friend. There’s also a monthly box subscription specifically for weight-loss, which I didn’t try.
PROMO CODE: If you want to order Bulu Box for yourself, you’ll get 50 percent off a 3-, 6- or 12-month subscription using the code SWEATPINK. *Thanks to the folks at Bulu Box for the free box, but please know the opinions are all my own.
My favorite new workout top of the week
Last weekend I stopped in Dick’s Sporting Goods with a gift card and picked up a top and a Quest bar. Something about this super-simple workout tank just sucked me in, and I didn’t even try it on before purchasing …
This black tank fits and moves well. It doesn’t look like it’s for sale online right now, but here’s a similar one with the same clean lines and shape. I could wear this one in any color.
I usually wait a while to wear newly purchased things, but I popped this shirt on to teach BODYATTACK on Monday, and one of my regular members immediately said, “You got a new outfit!” I thanked him for noticing and realized I must repeat my clothes a little too much based on the fact that he noticed. Hey, when you like what you like …
My favorite workouts of the week
As a fitness coach at Orangetheory Fitness, I’m supposed to be participating in at least two Orangetheory workouts a week at my studio, in addition to the classes that I coach. That was pretty difficult when I was teaching so many Les Mills classes each week, (which require me to do the full workout), at other gyms for the past few months. But I’ve dropped my Les Mills class-load down a bit and am now fitting in my required two Orangetheory sessions. These sessions are awesome, I must say. The workout is different each day, and I’m always challenged. Over the past few weeks, I’ve increased my sprinting speed on the treadmill by two miles-per-hour, which is a lot, especially when you add incline into the equation. I’ve also done some tough TRX work and indoor water-rower work.
Boy it feels good to move my body in new ways. Like I always say in my Monday “Weekly Workout” recaps, variety is key when it comes to fitness. That’s why I love the fact that Orangetheory has a super-effective and varied method for workout programming. I’m very happy to be participating in it, in addition to teaching it. If you’re in the Bay Area and want to come take my classes at Orangetheory Fitness Walnut Creek, let me know. The more, the merrier!
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- My workouts and weekend — Scenes from the weekend and my workouts
- Blogging tips — Expert tips to help you grow your blog
- My food pictures — My mostly healthy meals on a weekend day
- A good cause — Hashtag for a cause with Drink Good. Do Good.
Here are a few other links I really enjoyed reading from fellow bloggers …
- “Follow Friday: Fitness Blogger Edition” — Written by Caity, a fellow-San Francisco gal, who is fit and fashionable. I’m proud to be included on this list of ladies I admire.
- “Thankful Tuesday: Blogs I love” — Thanks to the very sweet Emily for featuring me on her list of favorite bloggers who inspire her.
- “Favorite Bloggers Edition” — And of course, thanks to the beautiful Giselle, who I was able to meet at BlogFest in LA, for adding me to her list of favorites as well.
That’ll do it. As always, I’m wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friends!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
- Tasty stuff and a giveaway
- Snacks, gold, clothes and more
- A healthy giveaway and more
- A fitness giveaway and more
*Please note: While this post is not sponsored, there are affiliate links included. Thanks for your support!
Questions of the day
Have you read any good blog posts or articles worth sharing lately?
What are your weekend plans?
What would you like to find in your sample box?