If I told you I had some fun facts and some food pictures, would you stick around and read the post? I hope so …
Last night’s workout performance summary is not too shabby.
Random fun facts about life lately
- I recently took quite a few weeks off from participating in Orangetheory Fitness workouts, even though I was still coaching them. However, I’ve been back at it for the past two weeks. Yesterday’s workout included “Tornado Tuesday,” in which we did one-minute all-out sprints on the treadmill, one-minute all-out sprint rows on the water-rower and one minute of various plyometric and strength exercises like burpees, chest presses, burpees, goblet squats, burpees and more burpees, moving from station to station around the room. With built-in recovery between the sets, this workout really only had 27 minutes of full-on effort, with rest in the transitions, yet it was quite tough. One minute of burpees may not seem like much, but when you’re coming off a sprint with incline, it’s no cake walk.
- This time next week, Dave and I will be in L.A. for my birthday. We’re heading down to San Diego to spend Christmas with his family and are taking a pit-stop on the way to celebrate my day (with our puppy Rudy in tow). He’s made some plans for us, which remain a surprise, but I’m hopeful they include food. And because he knows me so well, I have no doubt that’s the case. SoCal holidays, here we come!
- My Christmas shopping has been complete since the weekend, and it’s all wrapped too. While I’d love to put all of our presents under our Christmas tree because we finally have one this year, I just don’t think Rudy is ready to be left alone around wrapped boxes. I could totally see him waiting for me at the front door with a little bit of wrapping paper hanging from his mouth.
- I’m seriously slacking in my yoga practice. I took a couple weeks off of it around Thanksgiving and basically have only attended one crappy yoga class in the past month and done virtually no yoga at home. I’m majorly in need of a good Vinyasa flow yoga session. My body and mind are craving it, because I’m not a fan of feeling stiff as a board.
- It’s super cold in Walnut Creek right now. Well cold for me, certainly. While there’s no snow, we’re dipping into the 30s at night, and this Florida girl is freezing!
And those are the facts.
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
Because I like to look at pictures of food and hope you do too, in the middle of the week, I share a full day of all of my meals for this regular “What I Ate Wednesday” feature.
I’m sharing a look at all of my meals from yesterday. A weekday in which I taught classes in the morning, worked at home in the middle of the day and went back to the gym to do a workout in the late afternoon. All meals were prepared and consumed at home.
Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
Even though I eat a lot of nut butter, it doesn’t seem to be that often that I have an almost empty jar ripe for putting my overnight oats creation in. This one was marinating in the fridge for me for two days and was spectacular. I packed it with plain Greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, chia seeds, oats, cinnamon and some veggie powder, and it made one fabulous mush when I pulled it out to eat. Of course, I enjoyed it with green tea and a banana.
Lunch at 12:30 p.m.
Last week I calculated how much I am spending per month on purple sweet potatoes (which are around $3 a pound in Walnut Creek), and I think I may need to put a stop to this expensive habit. However, I have some left, so I will eat them up with a smile on my face until they are all gone and consider some other lunch options. This bowl of goodness is my normal go-to for a mid-day meal — a baked tater, two runny eggs and half of an avocado.
Liquid snack at 3 p.m.
I sipped on an un-pictured mug of green tea, sweetened with stevia and vanilla almond milk. It warmed me up nicely before my workout.
Post-workout beverage at 5:30 p.m.
After I took a one-hour Orangetheory class, I quickly devoured an un-pictured vanilla protein shake, which gave me a re-boost of energy and held me over until dinner.
Dinner at 8 p.m.
What a pretty plate of deliciousness. Dave grilled up the chicken, while I handled roasting the broccoli and preparing the spaghetti squash with marinara sauce. Shortly after taking this shot, I mixed it all up into a big pile of mush (much like the other two meals I ate this day). I followed it up with a few swigs of vanilla almond milk for a sweet taste and called it a night.
And that was it! Have you have a great day, my friends!
Check out more food posts
Why the food pictures? Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is a chance for bloggers to showcase their eats to their readers. If you want to see more food recaps to get some meal inspiration, check out some of my posts from the past here.
Questions of the day
What’s one fun fact about your life lately?
What’s something you’re proud you’ve accomplished?