Greetings, friends! How are you? I’m doing well and enjoying my first official week of working at Orangetheory Fitness. Many of you asked questions about whether or not I would maintain my Les Mills teaching schedule at 24 Hour Fitness, and the answer is very much yes. I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever give up teaching BODYPUMP and BODYATTACK. However, I will be backing off of at least one BODYATTACK class, because I was up to four-a-week, and quite frankly, that was just a bit too much cardio on the bod.
I do plan to share a lot more about what Orangetheory is all about and how the instructor training/auditions went as well, so feel free to leave questions in the comments, and I’ll cover them for the group in a future post. Now for some rambling …
Some tidbits about my life lately
- The Warriors are still in the NBA playoffs, so Dave has been as busy as ever. Although he does have a reprieve from home-games this week, so we’ll be eating dinner together most nights. Yay!
- And no, he hasn’t taken an Orangetheory Fitness class with me yet, but we hope to set that up soon, so he can experience the “orange zone.”
- I’m still reading Amy Poehler’s book “Yes Please,” and although I’d love to finish it, I just seem to fall asleep every time I read. Does that ever happen to you?
- One of the few Bravo shows that I still watch is “Million Dollar Listing,” and the New York season is back on right now. I truly enjoy looking at the inside of homes and hearing how much real estate costs. And I must say, I’m super excited for the debut of the brand new “Million Dollar Listing San Francisco,” which will air in early July. I absolutely cannot wait to see which properties they feature, because places in the Bay Area are some of the most expensive in the country. Home shows are some of the few reality shows that both Dave and I can watch together. I mean, who doesn’t love being nosy?
- Speaking of neighborhoods, my new ‘hood gets much warmer temperatures than we got in downtown San Francisco, so I’m in major need of summer clothes. I see some shopping in my future.
- The Kentucky Derby is this weekend, and attending this event and wearing a big hat has always been on my bucket list. It’s not in the cards for me this year, but maybe one day. Anyone else ever gone? Don’t feel bad for me though, because it looks like Dave and I will be at a country concert with friends on Saturday instead. Yay for live music!
And with that, how about we transition to some talk about food?
What I Ate Wednesday
“What I Ate Wednesday” is a regular thing around here, in which I share one full day of my meals each week on Wednesday. These are the raw, real pictures of my food, with no filters needed. I do these posts to give you a little inspiration, as well as to document what it’s like to strive for balanced eating during the week. While my weekday meals are fairly similar and clean, my weekend eating includes a few more treats, and I do feature those days from time-to-time as well.
But today, it’s a healthy one. We’re going to take a look at all of my meals from Monday. A day in which I taught classes at Orangetheory in the morning, worked on writing projects and the blog mid-day, and then taught BODYATTACK in the evening. It was a full one!
Breakfast at 6 a.m.
My hearty and staple first meal of the day: Overnight oats, topped with a banana and enjoyed alongside some hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and almond milk.
Snack at 9:30 a.m.
Protein and sugar: A delicious flavored Fage Greek yogurt was just what I needed between teaching morning classes at Orangetheory. And sadly, I had to eat that little beauty with a plastic fork, so it wasn’t easy to get out all the good stuff.
Lunch at 12:30 p.m.
Snack at 4:30 p.m.
Sweet and crunchy: I received a little care package from Premier Protein and am working my way through the bars and shakes. These Premier Protein Variety Fiber Crispy Snack Bars have a great texture and are plenty of sustenance to get me through teaching a one-hour BODYATTACK class.
Post-workout protein at 7:45 p.m.
Protein and flavor: I look forward to digging into my post-workout protein shake every single day. This Premier Protein Strawberries & Cream shake, so nicely gifted to me, was absolutely filling and delicious and certainly packed a punch with 30 grams of protein.
Dinner at 8:45 p.m.
A bowl of goodness: Here’s a big bowl of broccoli slaw and shredded carrots, steamed and sautéed into a soft pasta-like meal. I topped that with organic marinara sauce and some sweet chicken apple sausage slices, which Dave cooked on the grill.
To finish of the day, I had a little vanilla almond milk and called it complete.
That’s it guys! My workout for today will be teaching a one-hour BODYATTACK class not once, but two times. Wish me luck! And have a great Wednesday, my friends!
More daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
Questions of the day
Have you read any good books lately?
How’s your week going so far?
Do you work out in the mornings or the evenings?