Food, food and more food. But first, how’s your week going, my friends? We’re doing well over here. One week from tomorrow, Dave and I will be heading off on our first-ever vacation to Hawaii, and the anticipation is high. I definitely feel like I have a lot to get done ahead of time, but am super excited as well.
As far as A Lady Goes West is concerned, I’m going to have a few posts ready for you while I’m away, but am planning to mostly check out over the course of the trip. That being said, you have to promise not to forget about me. (I hope Rudy doesn’t forget about me either!) But we have a few days to prepare for that. So for now, let’s just skim through some food pictures and call it a day? Sound good?
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
On Wednesdays, I take a minute to show you one full day of my mostly healthy meals in pictures. It’s a chance to see real food in action, so I hope you enjoy it. But remember, what I eat works for me, and it may not work for you. I have no allergies, no dietary restrictions, and I certainly don’t avoid any food groups, so you’ll see a little bit of everything.
Today, I’m sharing everything that I ate on Sunday. While normally Sunday is a rest day for me, because I had taken Saturday off of working out, I opted to jump into a BODYPUMP class in the morning. Here’s how the day looked with food …
Breakfast at 7:45 a.m.
Not my usual prepped ahead-of-time bowl of overnight oats or even one of my usual cottage-cheese parfaits. Because I decided at the last-minute to get ready and head out to a workout class, I had to throw together a small breakfast quickly. I opted for a Quest Bar (totally delicious impulse buy from the day before), a banana and some hot green tea, sweetened with cashew milk and stevia. It did the trick!
Post-workout protein at 10 a.m.
A plant-based recovery shake with 26 grams of protein was just what I needed when I came home from pumping. (Always consumed within one hour of my workout!) As usual, guess who was at my feet as I downed my slightly frozen drink? I usually prefer whey protein straight after a workout, but this beverage was armed and ready for me. Good stuff. Thanks for all the products, Vega, because I’m enjoying it all.
Lunch at Noon
After several months of consuming at least one sweet potato a day, I recently took some time off the orange tasty carbs. Well I’m back on the baked-sweet-potato train this week. On this day, I had a baked tater, topped with cinnamon, along with two slightly-runny fried eggs. I mixed it all into one pile of mush, and it was glorious. And I’ve had that lunch every day this week so far.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
Apples and almonds, i.e. the perfect snack. I enjoyed this little meal after Dave and I got home from an afternoon outing with Rudy, and it sure hit the spot. Apples are one of the few pieces of produce that I always buy organic, even though they are a bit more expensive, because I always eat the skin and want that part to be untouched by pesticides. My latest batch of Fuji apples are not only organic, but also taste just right.
Dinner at 8 p.m.
I could eat this for dinner every single night. Grilled salmon, a mixed kale salad (pre-packaged and from Safeway) and some grilled asparagus. I mean … totally delicious. Dave has gotten so good at grilling fish, and this salmon was perfect, topped with just a little fresh-squeezed lemon. Also shown is just one of the glasses of Chardonnay I enjoyed that night at home on the couch, because Sunday night just calls for wine. Am I right?
Dessert at 9 p.m.
I actually don’t have dessert (or wine) very often during the week, but I always have room for something sweet (and wine) on the weekends, including Sundays. I had this high-protein ProYo frozen yogurt bar, a selection of coconut-covered and caramel-covered dates and some vanilla cashew milk, and it was just what I needed to end the day of eating. And yes, those dates are purchased from the produce department with all the fixings included.
That was it for my eats that day. Plenty of good stuff, I’d say. Alright friends, have a lovely Wednesday! Eat up!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- My daily eats and heading off on an adventure
- All of my meals from a healthy weekday
- Just a little chatting and some food pictures
- Plenty of colorful food on a healthy weekday
- Because we all like to look at pictures of food
Questions of the day
If there was one meal you could eat for dinner every night, what would it be?
How’s your week going?