Well hi there, my friends. How’s everything with you? Let’s catch up about the weekend, as well as talk a little bit about fitness. But first, here’s some other stuff worth sharing …
Two good articles about social media
Last week, I came across a couple of great reads both related to Instagram and social media. Whether you’re a blogger or a regular ol’ user, these articles both have their merits for very different reasons …
- This one is beneficial for selecting the hashtags that you use on Instagram or Twitter to increase your following — “Best Hashtags for Fitness Bloggers” written by Amanda of the Run To The Finish blog.
- And this one is totally hilarious, and I highly recommend you read it. I’m guilty of a few of these things, but definitely not overusing the hashtag “blessed.” HA! — “The Instagram Rules, the Good, the Bad and the Very Boring” published on Vogue.
Sadly, I posted this little gem before reading either article …
At least I got that #GymSelfie right. Now, let’s talk about the weekend thus far …
A few happenings from my weekend
Even though Dave and I were so sad to leave Maui, our weekend at home wasn’t too bad at all. On Friday night, we gave Rudy a bath, hit up the grocery store to stock up for a party and had a grilled meal and some wine at home while watching TV (“Million Dollar Listing,” of course!). A much-needed evening in.
On Saturday morning, I subbed a packed BODYPUMP class with more than 50 people, did some chores at home, laid around and took a little nap, and then Dave and I went over to a new friend’s place for an evening barbecue. The dinner setting was beautiful with outdoor lights, a cheese plate, steaks, wine and dessert all enjoyed al fresco. Of course, they were new friends, so I decided to leave my phone/camera in my purse. No pictures of that lovely display.
And on Sunday afternoon, we had a few friends over to our place for a Labor Day get-together. Dave grilled burgers and hot dogs, and I made some corn-on-the-cob in the crock-pot. Quite the success. That pretty much concludes the report!
My recent weekly fitness and workouts recaps
For more than a year, every single Monday I’ve been sharing my most recent week of workouts. Well last week, I was away in Maui and instead posted a review of the latest BODYPUMP release. Being that I’m a creature of habit, have received a few questions about my routine and always like to give you what you expect, today I’ve covering my latest two weeks of workouts in one update …
(Photo credit to Leah Bentley Photography, 2015.)
Weekly Workouts for the week of August 24-August 30
- Monday: Taught a one-hour BODYATTACK class, did a 10-minute strength workout
- Tuesday: Taught a one-hour BODYPUMP class, foam rolling
- Wednesday: Took a one-hour BODYPUMP class, foam rolling
- Thursday: Rest day
- Friday: Did a one-hour gentle beach-side yoga session
- Saturday: Rest day
- Sunday: Rest day
Weekly Workouts for the week of August 31-September 6
- Monday: Rest day
- Tuesday: Rest day
- Wednesday: Did a 30-minute CXWORX workout at home
- Thursday: Taught a 45-minute BODYPUMP and a 30-minute core class, foam rolling
- Friday: Taught a one-hour BODYATTACK class, took a one-hour light yoga class
- Saturday: Taught a one-hour BODYPUMP class
- Sunday: Did a 20-minute dumbbell workout at home
What was good about my latest two weeks of workouts?
The past two weeks of workouts each included a little bit of resistance training, cardio training, as well as a yoga session. So really, outside of the fact that I took more rest days than normal, I still had some variety. I really enjoyed taking a BODYPUMP class as a participant as well, which was a good chance for me to increase my weights and watch my form in the mirror.
What could have been better about my latest two weeks of workouts?
My most recent two weeks of workouts were not the usual around here, as I fell short of my typical six days of activity and a few days were less intense. However, I am totally okay with this. I was not about to take away a single minute of time that I could have been relaxing in Maui by hitting the gym, and my body appreciated the rest. No complaints!
Today, I’m relaxing, cleaning and teaching an Orangetheory class. Happy Monday, folks! I’ll see you back here tomorrow for the beginning of my Maui recaps.
Questions of the day
What have your workouts looked like lately?
How is your weekend going?
What are your favorite hashtags?