Life can be tough. Right? For most of us, there’s a lot on our plates day-in and day-out, and we’re just trying to make it through sun-up to sun-down. Well, I’m here to tell you today, that if you ever feel down or stressed, you’re definitely not alone.
While I don’t know what each and every one of you reading this blog is going through, I do know that there has to be at least a couple of positive things in your life. And if you cling to those, appreciate them and put one foot in front of the other each day, you’re doing great. And you’re probably managing your life a lot better than you think. I bet you even take time to provide a little support to some people around you. So maybe, just maybe, you could provide some of that support to yourself too? Go for it.
But I’m not here to give you a lesson in positivity. I’m here to make your day a little lighter with some mindless ramblings and silly chatter, because that’s what I do best. Instead of focusing on the tough things, what if you just decided to laugh at a few of the unimportant things. Am I right? Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I present to you a few things that I am just plain bad at. Let’s see if you can relate …
A few things that I am really bad at
- Loading the dishwasher. Dave says our dishes don’t get fully cleaned because I stack too many things in there, one on top of the other. Whatever. I like to fit as many things as possible, so that we only have to run one load. I think it’s efficiency. He disagrees.
- Closing the toothpaste tube. Apparently I never close it all the way and a little bit drips out. Dave says it’s gross. I think I just don’t care to close it all the way up, and it’s not all that big of a deal. A little toothpaste never hurt anybody.
- Filling my water glass until it’s full. This one is just pure impatience. I’m ready to move on to the next task, and that usually means only waiting until my glass is about half full when filling it up from the fridge or a water dispenser. I really should fix this though, because I’m constantly wanting more water. You think I would learn. But I don’t.
- Responding to group texts. Well, let me be clear on this. I respond to group texts. However, lately, I’ve made the incredibly stupid mistake of thinking I was sending a text to one person, yet I was actually responding to the group text from a previous message. I’d say I’ve done that about five times in the past month, yet I never learn. And the responses are always so embarrassing. I laugh, but then I cringe. Ha!
- Getting up from the desk to stretch my legs. Even though I continually tell people to be more active during the workday, I can be the worst offender. I get stuck on a set of tasks and sit in the same position for far too long, sometimes until my limbs fall asleep. It’s absurd, and I need to work on it. Dave laughs when I get up from the couch and nearly fall over … he’ll say “You did it again.” Yes, why yes I did.
- Being in pictures. I don’t think I’ve ever taken a good picture on the first try in my life. My famous line? “Just one more.” Why? Because my eyes are closed, my head is tilted or my arm is totally awkward. It’s like I always need a warm-up shot before I get to the real one.
- Cleaning the bathroom. Just won’t do it. This has been one of the chores on Dave’s responsibility list since we moved in together nearly five years ago. While I’m a total neat-freak, this one’s not for me, so I don’t do it. Perhaps that’s why I’m so loose with the toothpaste too. It’s not my problem.
- Disciplining our puppy. Apparently you are supposed to teach your puppy what’s right and what’s wrong, and sometimes that means yelling at him with a deep voice. Well, I don’t like to do that. I want our fuzzy little Rudy to hear nothing but loving noises, and I want him to do whatever makes him happy. Dave says Rudy is becoming dependent on me, and I need to lay down the law. No way. He’s too cute.
- Choosing a restaurant. I love to try new places, but I also love to go where I know the food is good. If it’s up to me to choose a restaurant, you can bet I will put in no less than one hour of internet research, looking at all of the pictures of food. Then, I’ll make the reservation way in advance and second guess it at the last minute. It’s just what I do. But when I get there, I never have a problem making my order or demanding that we order dessert. Go figure.
What else am I really bad at? Apparently writing a short blog post. This was supposed to be a quick one, but alas, I’ve gone on long again. Thanks for sticking with it, my friends. Hope you have a great day. Get out there, be positive, be good at stuff, and if you’re not … well, then laugh at yourself. We’re all just doing our best, right?Don't be so serious! Share a list of things you're bad at and have a laugh today... Click To Tweet
Linking up with Amanda today, to share my thoughts with you!
Questions of the day
What are you really bad at?
What are you really good at?