Search terms that have led people to my blog
There are many ways in which readers come across blogs. While sometimes you find a blog through social media or through knowing the person in real life, other times you find a blog because that particular blogger just happened to write about what you were searching for and needed to find out.
I have a handy Google Analytics tool on my site, which allows me to see the Google search terms and links that are popular and drive people to click through to my posts. While this data is good for helping me to figure out what posts are performing well, it’s also good for providing entertainment. Not a day goes by that I am not interested in some of the terms that people are typing into Google and ending up right here. That’s why, today, I’d like to share some of the more bizarre or rare ways in which readers from all over the world have stumbled upon A Lady Goes West.
Here’s just a taste of the good ones …
- “Running the Golden Gate Bridge” — I’ve done that before, and it was crowded.
- “Living social lady” — I guess you could call me that. Why not.
- “Make money with your clothes” — I’m thrifty, but this isn’t something I regularly do. Anyone want to buy my old workout wear?
- “Yoga sculpt calories” — Yes, I like calories, and I also like yoga sculpt at CorePower. I think it burns a lot of them, but I don’t know how much.
- “Cleaokai therese shift dress” — I have no idea who this designer is.
- “Les Mills RPM choreography tips” — I do not teach or take this class, but I do know how to learn Les Mills choreography. Thanks for asking.
- “Happy Friday massage” — I don’t think that is appropriate.
- “Nudity at 2014 SF Pride” — I saw plenty of that during the parade. Sure did.
- “Banana Republic little black sweatshirt” — Yes, I have one of those.
- “White pantyhouse” — I think they meant to ask about pantyhose, but embarrassingly enough, I own some of these and wore them to Bay to Breakers one year.
- “Coach purse with fish and seaweed on front of it” — Zero clue, but it sounds cute.
- “If all your meals were turned into chewing gum meals – would you enjoy it or not?” — Ahh, yes, one of my chewing gum posts. But really, why would you want to only have chewing gum as food? No thanks.
- “Aladdin Cafe to-go water bottle” — Nope. Love the songs from the movie though.
- “What to bring camping that starts with an O” — Why would someone care to ask this? Ha, but yes, I do have a camping list.
- “How long to cook veggetti noodles” — Not long. I constantly overdid mine.
- “Greek yogurt bark” — That was a fun experiment.
- “Orangetheory Fitness good if you have bad knees” — Yes you can. Power walk it out, or hop on the strider or bike. Not a problem.
- “Bachelorette party in Key West” — A great time was had by all.
- “Susan Renata BODYPUMP” — I love her and am happy to call her a friend, whom I had the pleasure of spending time with when she lived in San Francisco. I also took over her BODYPUMP class after she moved back to New Zealand. She’s good people, and she used to be a major driver of traffic to my blog when I first started out.
So there you have it … some interesting phrases that have led people right here.
The funny thing is, I’ve found myself typing in really specific and strange questions into Google as well, so I totally get it that people would have a need for some obscure information. But I’m guessing I had a lot of unhappy customers when they ended up at this blog for many of these. I mean, pantyhouse?Google search terms can be very entertaining. Have you ever typed in any of these? Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What was your last Google search?
How did you find my blog?
I was searching for Body Pump info when I went to my first class as I was scared – your reviews and hints totally reassured me!
Hi IM! So glad my BODYPUMP reviews have helped you!! Have a fabulous week! 🙂
Those are hilarious. I don’t have too many good ones that send people to my blog, but I love seeing others. It’s crazy what can really send people to your blog!
HI Heather! Sure is! I love going through this type of data! Hope you’re having a great week! 🙂
Haha! These are funny! Mine regular ones are “skinny girl” or something along the skinny line. Then there is “I am happy all the time.” That one I have no clue.
Hi Megan! Yes, I bet you get a lot of searches for skinny! Those are good ones! 🙂
I think I found your blog through Giselle’s blog! And it cracks me up how people find my blog. Sometimes I can tell what they were looking for and sometimes it makes absolutely no sense!
Hi Liz! Oh good! Finding blogs through blogs is probably the best way to do it! 🙂
I love looking at the search terms that lead people to my blog! Sometimes it really makes me question what people are searching for on the internet:) I think I found your blog from another blogger who mentioned it.
Hi Lisa! People search for some crazy stuff!! 🙂 Hope you’re doing well, lady!
Haha!! I like the living social lady one, that should be your new caption (jk) I haven’t looked at my search terms in awhile…I’m sure there are some good ones in there lol!
Hi Marielle! I like the Living Social Lady term as well … maybe I can use that for something in the future! 🙂
Love that you wrote a post about this. I often see weird search terms and tweet them out. My favourite term that lead someone to my blog was “old man eating spaghetti painting”. ????
Hi Bri! Now that’s a creepy visual … hahaha thanks for sharing that search term! 🙂
This is hilarious!! I love these searches. Mine aren’t the funniest..but I do get a lot of searches for spongebob mac and cheese..geez you mention it one time..
Hhahahah Gretchen! Now that’s a funny one … is it good?? ahahha
These are so great! I always love seeing the different search terms because they are often the most random set of words strung together.
I know, Stacie! It’s so funny to read! Hope you’re having a good week so far, lady! 🙂
This is hilarious. I always like checking out my search terms as well.
Lots of entertainment in those analytics, right, Jen? 🙂
Haha!! Such good entertainment! This just inspired me to check mine:
“wearing tight yoga pants to work pics 2015” – inspired by my post on Beta Brand Yoga Pant Dress pants…not sure that’s what I was going for?
“Toluene is a very toxic make your hands pruny” – not sure on this one, but I do use nail polish that is toulene free!
“i too deserve a break” – yes, you do!!
Haha, thanks for the inspo!
ahhahahaha sooooo funny, Jill! Thanks for sharing! Tight yoga pants to work? Yes, please!
So cool that you were friends with Susan and took over her BODYPUMP class! I never knew that little tidbit of info! 😉
Yes, Ashley! Susan used to be THE BODYPUMP Queen, but she isn’t on the releases as much as she used to be. She is totally awesome!
Talk about entertaining! Haha – some of those – wow! I have been a long time lover of you blog! I think I originally found it by searching for something about BODYPUMP. I got to take the 7:15am BODYPUMP class with Susan in Chicago! She was great! Of course I’ve seen her on the dvd’s too, but it was much cooler in person. I think I watched one release where she was pregnant?? She was also the emcee at The One performance Friday night.
Hi Melissa! Yes, Susan was on a BODYPUMP release while pregnant. And she is even cooler in person than on the videos for sure! 🙂 So jealous you were in Chicago for the big event!
Well, you were in Hawaii…with your husband…so I’m a little jealous of that 😉 My husband is currently gone and I won’t see him until mid-October 🙁
Oh man!! 🙁 I’m sorry!! Lots of Netflix and alone time for you? hahah
Haha white pantyhouse… that is incredible. I haven’t seen what search terms lead people to my blog… maybe I don’t want to know ! And I found your blog through a comment you posted on someone elses and I’m so happy I did!! Hope you’re having an amazing time on vacation!!
Thanks, Jamie! I’m so glad you found my blog too! 🙂
Now I want to see how people find my blog…I’m sure some are pretty strange!
Yes, Alyssa! You’ve got to check out those search terms!
Wow, now that you mention it, I have no idea how I found your blog. I think it might have been what I call a ‘blog bunny trail.’ I probably saw you comment on one blog, and I thought your blog looked interesting, so I followed the trail! I’m glad I did, because your blog is one of my favorites.
Hi Emily! Well I am so glad you followed that trail to me! 🙂
Haha. Those are too funny! it’s amazing the things people search for in google! Hope you are having a great time in Hawaii!
Thanks, Lindsey! Yes, search terms leading people to blogs are so funny!
Loving all your Instagrams from Hawaii! Looks like you are both having a great time :). I found your blog via another blog (Gina on Fitnessista). So glad you’re a part of my day!
Hi Jessie! I’m so glad you found me too, my friend! 🙂
Haha, this is a great post! I shared something similar a while back and it was really entertaining to read some of the search terms. You really never know what will pop up! I can’t wait to read about your vaca in HI!
I do love digging through the data and search terms. Interesting stuff!
Oh my gosh, these are hilarious! I think I found your blog through one of the communities (Sweat Pink, Fitfluential). I was hooked 😉
Hhaha thanks, Jess! I bet you have some funny Google Search terms leading to your blog as well! 🙂 Glad we found each other!
I don’t know how you find out how people are searching your site?! Is it in your WordPress or Google Analytics? Lol 🙁
If you go to WordPress JETPACK – you can look at the search terms under STATS. You can also check under your Google Analytics! Go for it! 🙂
Ohhh I’ve seen those then under Jetpack – but mine aren’t as funny lol 🙁