There are many ways in which readers come across blogs. While sometimes you find a blog through social media or through knowing the person in real life, other times you find a blog because that particular blogger just happened to write about what you were searching for and needed to find out.
I have a handy Google Analytics tool on my site, which allows me to see the Google search terms and links that are popular and drive people to click through to my posts. While this data is good for helping me to figure out what posts are performing well, it’s also good for providing entertainment. Not a day goes by that I am not interested in some of the terms that people are typing into Google and ending up right here. That’s why, today, I’d like to share some of the more bizarre or rare ways in which readers from all over the world have stumbled upon A Lady Goes West.
Here’s just a taste of the good ones …
- “Running the Golden Gate Bridge” — I’ve done that before, and it was crowded.
- “Living social lady” — I guess you could call me that. Why not.
- “Make money with your clothes” — I’m thrifty, but this isn’t something I regularly do. Anyone want to buy my old workout wear?
- “Yoga sculpt calories” — Yes, I like calories, and I also like yoga sculpt at CorePower. I think it burns a lot of them, but I don’t know how much.
- “Cleaokai therese shift dress” — I have no idea who this designer is.
- “Les Mills RPM choreography tips” — I do not teach or take this class, but I do know how to learn Les Mills choreography. Thanks for asking.
- “Happy Friday massage” — I don’t think that is appropriate.
- “Nudity at 2014 SF Pride” — I saw plenty of that during the parade. Sure did.
- “Banana Republic little black sweatshirt” — Yes, I have one of those.
- “White pantyhouse” — I think they meant to ask about pantyhose, but embarrassingly enough, I own some of these and wore them to Bay to Breakers one year.
- “Coach purse with fish and seaweed on front of it” — Zero clue, but it sounds cute.
- “If all your meals were turned into chewing gum meals – would you enjoy it or not?” — Ahh, yes, one of my chewing gum posts. But really, why would you want to only have chewing gum as food? No thanks.
- “Aladdin Cafe to-go water bottle” — Nope. Love the songs from the movie though.
- “What to bring camping that starts with an O” — Why would someone care to ask this? Ha, but yes, I do have a camping list.
- “How long to cook veggetti noodles” — Not long. I constantly overdid mine.
- “Greek yogurt bark” — That was a fun experiment.
- “Orangetheory Fitness good if you have bad knees” — Yes you can. Power walk it out, or hop on the strider or bike. Not a problem.
- “Bachelorette party in Key West” — A great time was had by all.
- “Susan Renata BODYPUMP” — I love her and am happy to call her a friend, whom I had the pleasure of spending time with when she lived in San Francisco. I also took over her BODYPUMP class after she moved back to New Zealand. She’s good people, and she used to be a major driver of traffic to my blog when I first started out.
So there you have it … some interesting phrases that have led people right here.
The funny thing is, I’ve found myself typing in really specific and strange questions into Google as well, so I totally get it that people would have a need for some obscure information. But I’m guessing I had a lot of unhappy customers when they ended up at this blog for many of these. I mean, pantyhouse?Google search terms can be very entertaining. Have you ever typed in any of these? Click To Tweet
Questions of the day
What was your last Google search?
How did you find my blog?