These are my “ins” and my “outs” for 2024.
Hi, friend! Happy New Year!
I saw this trend on Instagram and thought it would make the perfect first blog post of the year. We’re talking about things that are going to be “in” for me and things that are going to be “out” for me this year.
I’m not making any resolutions this year and I haven’t made those in a while. In fact, this year, I’m not even making any goals. Instead, I’m going to focus on fine-tuning my habits and routine to help me to have a good, strong year.
I don’t plan to make any big sweeping changes this year. I just want to enjoy my life, work hard and be present with the people I choose to spend my time with. Sometimes it’s just that simple.
Here’s to a great 2024 for you and for me!
My “ins” and “outs” for 2024
Here’s what’s “in” for me in 2024
These are things I’m going to be doing this year …
- Eating 145 grams of protein a day every single day.
- Drinking 160 ounces of water a day every single day.
- Lifting weights three times a week, with at least one solo weight-room floor workout focused on heavier weights and less repetitions.
- Doing intentional recovery each week to include foam rolling, percussive massage and chair massage.
- Having more easy protein and produce-rich lunch options ready to eat every weekday when I’m in a rush.
- Reading for pleasure every night before going to sleep.
- Getting in bed by 10 p.m. every weeknight, a little later on the weekends as needed.
- Sleeping 7 to 8 hours every night.
- Planning a family spring break trip and a family summer trip and get those plans cemented well in advance.
- Being really present and off my phone/computer in the evenings when I’m hanging out with Dave and Brady.
- Making time for more one-on-one activities with my mom.
- Making time for more one-on-one activities with Dave.
- Going on a couple of girls’ trips, including one with my Florida friends and one with my neighborhood friends.
- Taking really good care of my skin with a clean daily skincare routine and wearing sunscreen any time I’m outside.
- Spending more time on income-producing activities and less time on stuff that doesn’t matter.
- Getting more of my work done during the week so I don’t have to do so much on the weekends.
- Writing one really good blog post each week.
- Posting three really good pieces of content to my Instagram feed each week.
- Sharing one new helpful piece of information to my participants in every single group fitness class I teach each week.
- Furthering my fitness education by training for a new program at Life Time.
- Renewing my Precision Nutrition Coach and National Academy of Sports Medicine Personal Trainer credentials, both of which are due this year.
- Remembering that I only have this one life to live, and bringing joy to everything I do.
Here’s what’s “out” for me in 2024
These are things that I’m not going to be doing this year …
- Eating too fast without slowing down to savor each bite of food.
- Using my phone in bed.
- Scrolling social media mindlessly in the school pick-up line.
- Comparing myself to others, both online and in person.
- Being jealous of people who appear to have more/better than me.
- Looking at my phone or computer during meal times.
- Critiquing myself in the mirror and picking apart my little flaws on the regular.
- Feeling like I always need to be productive instead of relaxing.
- Trying to zip up old jeans that just don’t fit any longer.
- Wanting to be liked by everyone.
- Wondering what else I should be doing with my time and efforts instead of focusing on what I’ve got right here in front of me.
- Waiting for content to be perfect before posting it.
- Saying yes to things that I’m not really interested in doing.
And those are my “ins” and “outs” for 2024.
My plans for 2024
As you probably saw in my year in review for 2023, going into this year, I’ve got some big life decisions in place, which is so cool. Instead of focusing my energy on wondering about the “what-ifs” for my life, like where I’m supposed to live, whether I’m having another baby or what I should be doing for my career, I can focus on what’s right here in front of me, and that’s awesome.
I have my health and wellness pretty dialed in, but I do need to get some of my professional stuff in order. This year, instead of trying to do a bunch of new work projects or new things, I’m going to try to make each of my work categories just a little bit better. Be a little bit better as a blogger, be a little better as a content creator, be a little bit better on Instagram, be a little bit better as a group fitness instructor and make incremental improvements in all that I’m already doing. For the last couple of years, I’ve been thinking I need something new, but I’ve realized, I don’t. I just need to get more out of what I’ve already got on my plate, you know? Here we go 2024!
That’s it for today, my friend! Thank you for coming by A Lady Goes West. While I usually encourage you to do some major reflecting on the previous year and write out the answers to a bunch of questions. This year, let’s switch it up. How about a simple “ins” and “outs” list to get your year going strong? Be well! And have a great start to the year! xoxo
Other posts you may like
- My year in review for 2023
- We’re halfway through 2023: Here’s your midyear check-in (and how I’m doing)
- Questions to ask yourself to set goals and plan for a great 2023
Questions of the day for you
What’s on your “in” list for 2024?
What’s on your “out” list for 2024?