Hello, people! On this fine Wednesday, I’m coming at you with some food chatter. I hope your week is moving along nicely. There’s really not much to report over here in my world — just teaching group fitness classes, working, blogging and making sure I always have my keys with me when I take my little puppy for a walk (after our unfortunate lock-out incident last week). Without further ado, let’s get right to it …
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
Every single Wednesday is a chance to see one full-day of my real meals in pictures. What I eat works for me, and it’s not the cleanest diet in all the land, but I’m always sure to dine on colorful food and plenty of nutrients. I sure do love to talk about food, so these posts continue to be a regular feature on the blog.
Today, I’m sharing everything I ate on Monday of this week. Coming off of a couple of weekend trips in-a-row to San Diego and Monterey, which included more than their fair share of indulgences, I’ve found that I’m just not as hungry on Mondays. On this particular day, I worked, taught at Orangetheory, worked some more and taught BODYATTACK in the evening, which also served as my workout. Here’s how it looked in food …
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
Pretty standard stuff here. Cottage cheese with a sliced-up banana, topped with cinnamon in a big wooden bowl. I paired that with some green juice and hot green tea sweetened with stevia and soy milk. Not into cottage cheese? You’re missing out!
Lunch at Noon
Liquid lunch? Here’s looking at a second mug of hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and soy milk alongside a hearty smoothie bowl. This smoothie is a power-house containing frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, veggie powder, two scoops of plant-based protein powder and some soy milk, all blended up with ice. Perfection.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
Okay, these little packets of Wild Friends nut butter? Totally tasty. I squeezed the nut butter onto the apple pieces for one enjoyable afternoon snack. And yes, I have an apple slicer to assist me in cutting these even-sized slices.
Pre-workout drink at 5:45 p.m.
I’m all about the Healthy Skoop products these days, as I work my way through a care package sent to me by the company after chatting with them at IDEA World Fitness Convention. I had this natural beet energy drink before my workout for a little extra ooomph, and it’s very tasty. If you want to try out Healthy Skoop products, today is your last day to enter my giveaway for a big prize package, so get to it!
Post-workout protein at 7:45 p.m.
After I got home from teaching a sweaty one-hour BODYATTACK class, (which I was nearly late to because I struggled to find parking outside my busy gym), I dug into this Les Mills Good Protein shake. It was slightly chilled from being frozen a few hours before, and it made me very happy.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
If you saw my “meal plan” on Monday, then you know that Dave and I had planned a few simple meals for the days of the week that we would be home eating dinner together. Monday called for grilled turkey burgers and mixed kale salad, which is a staple meal around here. This grilled turkey burger is topped with a sliced tomato, avocado and salsa and thrown on top of a toasted whole wheat thin bun. And yes, you also see a little fluff below the plate, because Rudy the pup has to investigate everything that I do.
As usual, I ended my day of eating with a few chugs straight from the vanilla soy milk carton and closed up shop in the kitchen. From there, I joined Dave and little Rudy on the couch to get back to our current Netflix show-of-choice, Orange is the New Black, Season 3.
That’s it for my food for one standard weekday. It was a light one in the eats department, but certainly a good one. I hope you have some tasty and healthy meals today as well, and I’ll see you back here tomorrow for a Les Mills group fitness class review.
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- My daily eats and heading off on an adventure
- All of my meals from a healthy weekday
- Just a little chatting and some food pictures
- Plenty of colorful food on a healthy weekday
Questions of the day
What shows are you watching on TV right now?
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
What’s something good going on in your week?