Hi, friends! Happy Friday! How was your week? Ours was okay. We had some beautiful weather, so we did a lot of afternoon walks. Also, I taught two virtual barre classes on Motus, worked on the blog and Beautycounter, and Brady went to a “discovery day” to try out a new local preschool.
We hope to have him enrolled within the next couple of weeks, and he’s very excited about being around other little kids and learning on the regular. He hasn’t been to school since his last day before Christmas break in December, so we’ve all been eager to get him back into it. He’s a real cute dude …
Tonight, I’m looking forward to a virtual self-care event I’m hosting with some of my Beautycounter friends, which should be super fun. And the rest of the weekend, we’re expecting rain, so we’ll mostly be inside. I have a hair appointment, and I’ll also be doing some online furniture shopping. What will you be up to?
Also, if you haven’t had a chance to enter it yet, check out my giveaway over on Instagram for Vital Proteins collagen, which closes tomorrow.
Okay, let’s get to the faves …
All the tie-dye leisurewear
Let’s be honest: Leisurewear has had a major upgrade in the last year or so, and I’m here for it. Because we’re all dressed in our comfortables a lot more often while being stuck at home, it feels good to have some better clothes to do it in. (Because to be honest, most of my normal wear-around-the-house sweatpants and hoodies are super frayed and totally junky … anyone else?)
If you’ve seen my Instagram stories in the last six weeks since we’ve been in Charlotte, you’ve likely seen my tie-dye leisurewear that I’ve had on all the time during the evenings and weekends. I bought it all from Carbon38 shortly after we arrived, and it’s so comfy and makes me happy.
(Also doing my usual weekly charcoal face mask treatment with a glass of cold white.)
All the pieces are made of mostly cotton, with some spandex, so they are soft, and they keep their shape. I bought all in the neon multi color, but I may get the set in another color too. I can mix and match, and even though I’m mostly wearing the long-sleeves now because of the cooler temps, I know these will last through the warmer months too.
Here are the pieces I have and love, and I bought a medium in everything:
By the way, if you choose to shop Carbon38, remember that my code, ASHLEYPITT, gets you 15 percent off your first and second orders of more than $100. And you can find my other Carbon38 favorites in this post too.
Animal print Apple watch strap
I’ve had my Apple watch for about nine months, and for the first eight months, I used the pink rubber strap that it came with from Apple, which was perfectly fine and functional. But, it got boring, and I kept thinking I should get a new one. Last month, I finally ordered a new strap to switch things up. I found this animal print one on Amazon, and I love it. And the price was right.
(New watch strap.)
It’s shiny, it has an adjustable clasp that stays put, and it provides a nice pop of a pattern on my wrist. I keep it on all the time, and it’s held up during sweaty workouts too. I really can’t get enough animal print. Can you?
By the way, I like to close my rings on my Apple watch, but that doesn’t happen every day, and it never happens until the evening. I’m not closing them as much right now as I used to, so hopefully that changes soon.
“Succession” on HBO
Dave and I have never had HBO until we got our new TV set up at our house here in Charlotte. We’re so excited to have some new show options. We jumped right into “Succession” which was highly recommended to me from some friends in California months ago. Well, let me tell you, I’m eating it up.
“Succession” is about a really rich and powerful family and what happens between them as they navigate the father stepping down from his role as CEO of a major media company. We’re only halfway through the first season, but boy is the show captivating. Have you seen it?
(Image source: HBO.)
We really don’t watch too much TV around here. But Dave and I have time for one show each night after we put Brady to bed. I occasionally watch my Bravo reality shows in the afternoons or weekends, but otherwise, we like to share a drama series together. And “Succession” is perfect for that.
Here’s a look at my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 30-minute CXWORX via Les Mills On Demand, 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre class on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 30-minute BODYPUMP via Les Mills On Demand, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre class on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Friday: 30-minute cycle on the Peloton, 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 45-minute full-body weights via Peloton, 10 a.m.
- Sunday: 10 minutes of stretching via Peloton, 5 p.m.
This past week was a decent week of workouts. I’m happy to say that we have an upstairs carpeted bonus room in our new house that’s perfect for workouts and for teaching my virtual classes, so I have a much better space for exercise at home. I did my first 45-minute strength workout since December, which felt good. Other than that, I had some good variety and a rest day.
By the way, if you haven’t taken my live Barre Burn class on Motus yet, head here to sign up!
A Lady Goes West recommended favorite products
I only share what I use and love in my own life, and here are some of the brands I swear by. And when you use my discount codes and links, you support me, so thanks for that …
- Fit Revolution. Get a 14-day trial and 33 percent off your first month of this amazing workout platform (where you can take my classes on demand) with the code ASHLEYPITT3PC1.
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and minimal-ingredient protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 20 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
A few things from around the web
- Mental fitness. This is an interesting look at the most important mental fitness traits we need. I love the ideas at the end about creating a “worry hour” and a “smile file” to help you get through tough times.
- Female biohacking podcast. I loved this “Boss Babe” podcast episode with Alisa Vitti all about how women can create schedules that work for them based off their natural rhythms. Such a good one.
Here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning guided meditations. I can’t believe I’ve been meditating regularly for two years now …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Advice and real talk. I’m excited about this new series. Have you checked it out yet? … “Ask-me-anything A Lady Goes West Advice Corner: first edition.”
- Nutrition. Because what you eat is incredibly important for your overall health … “Five healthy eating habits to improve your nutrition.”
Thank you for reading A Lady Goes West today! See you soon! 🙂
Questions of the day
How was your week?
What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in March?
What are you watching on TV right now?