This time last week, I was road-tripping down to Key West from Fort Lauderdale with a bunch of girls. Today, I’m up early to teach BODYATTACK in San Ramon and work on the computer for the rest of the day. I guess every Friday can’t be a laid-back vacation day, or we wouldn’t appreciate those times as much when they come around. Right?
The good news is that last week I had to pay for expensive WiFi to create this post on the plane, but this week, I’ve done it at home. Thank goodness. I must admit, although I’ve been back in my regular routine this week, I still came down with a little post-travel bug, as I sometimes do. The worst of it was Wednesday, a day in which I had to teach a grueling hour of BODYATTACK. And do you know how hard it is to teach BODYATTACK with a side stitch and feeling short of breath? Well, let’s hope you never do. Because of the energy of my wonderful members, somehow I made it through and seem to be on the mend.
Now back to the positive! Below is a look at my recent favorite recent finds — all worthy of becoming “Friday Favorites.” Please enjoy scrolling through, and feel free to let me know in the comments if you have a fun favorite to share as well.
My favorite new purse
There were many years in which I would save up to buy one super-nice designer bag and use that for months. While I still have a decent collection of fancy bags that I can rely on, I haven’t bought a designer bag in many moons. Partially because I don’t use purses as much as I did when working in the corporate world, and partially because I’m not as into the whole designer scene. My latest purse purchase is far from designer and certainly not an investment piece. It’s a cheapie, and it’s awesome.
Introducing the Crown Vintage Quilted Clutch from DSW, which I got for less than $30.
I bought this little gem to take with me to Key West and used it day and night. I used it as a side-purse on one shoulder and as an across-the-body bag as well, and it also converts to a clutch if you remove the chain. It’s the perfect color (I love ivory) and the perfect size (fitting a phone, some cosmetics and money) and may become one of my regulars — unless it falls apart, which is always a possibility.
My favorite new healthy snack
Yes, I’m Greek-yogurt obsessed. I eat Greek yogurt every single day and love to try new varieties. Last week during “Friday Favorites,” I shared that I did a little shopping at a new-to-me store, Sprouts Farmer’s Market, with a gift card. I picked up a couple of Voskos Greek yogurts and am incredibly impressed with them.
I usually buy Fage or Chobani, but Voskos is noticeably thicker and creamier. I mean, yum. I haven’t seen it available everywhere, so perhaps it’s not as popular. Nonetheless, give it a try if you see it in your local grocer, because it’s good stuff.
My favorite new home addition
A potted plant? Yes, Dave and I received this lovely succulent from a friend for our housewarming party, and I’m loving the addition of real-life greenery in our living room. Outside of the occasional flower arrangement, we have never had live plants in the several homes we’ve had together.
I did a little perusing online and it looks like I only need to water it once a week, so I’m crossing my fingers I can keep it alive. As a city slicker, I don’t exactly have a green thumb, but so far so good with this little beauty.
My favorite apps of the week
Did you know you don’t have to go to the bank to deposit checks? I finally jumped on the bandwagon to upload and deposit all of my print checks directly from my iPhone after some urging from Dave. I now use the Bank of America app to do it, and it’s super easy. Total game-changer, because I still get a lot of print checks in the mail, believe it or not, and don’t always want to go to the bank.
And sending money to friends? It’s never been easier than using Venmo, which is what I used to pay for my spot in the hotel room in the Keys this past weekend. I will definitely be using it again, because there are no fees involved at all for either party. Technology is awesome, my friends.
My favorite links of the week
Of course, make sure you didn’t miss any of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week:
- Weights workouts – A “lift some weights” workout round-up
- Key West recap – A super-fun Key West bachelorette party — MY FAVE!!
- Food and a giveaway – MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food — ENTER!
- Balanced routines – How to structure a great week of workouts
- All the fun on my Instagram feed
And here’s a cool post I wrote for the Wine Sisterhood blog, “New Year. New You. Create the perfect, relaxing night at home.”
Pretty low-key weekend plans
After two fun-filled and super-busy weekends with a wine event, housewarming party and travel, I’m actually okay with the fact that there’s not too much on the calendar this weekend. Dave and I will be joining some friends to watch the Warriors play an away game tonight, and that’s about it. I’ll be fitting in a weights workout and hopefully playing outside a bit. Have an awesome weekend!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
Questions of the day
Do you have a recent favorite to share? What’s in store for your weekend? Do you have any useful apps to share with the group?