Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve found a clothing service that has my name allover it. Well no, it doesn’t. It’s actually called LE TOTE, but the basis behind it, is music to my ears.
I’m a city dweller in a minuscule apartment, who shares a small closet with my husband and his tons of suits. I truly feel like I can’t shop, because I don’t have a place to put more clothing. But I like to have new clothes, wear new things, change up my wardrobe and enjoy the latest styles.
Enter LE TOTE, a company that gives you a chance to wear fashionable, designer-brand clothing, then return it and get more. It’s San Francisco-based, and is smartly calling itself the “Netflix of Fashion.”
Introducing LE TOTE clothing service
As a LE TOTE member, you can look forward to a striking black box arriving at your doorstep. And inside your first box or “tote,” you get a LE TOTE bag and measuring tape to keep, as well as your first selection of five items and a pre-paid return envelope to send them back.
How does LE TOTE work?
For only $49 a month, you can get an unlimited number of “totes” sent to you filled with five items, which are hand-selected for you by a personal stylist based on your preferences. It works like this:
- You sign up for LE TOTE.
- You answer a brief questionnaire about your sizes and style, to make your style profile.
- You go through the LE TOTE catalog of clothing and select items you’d like to receive, which you put in “My Closet.” These are the actual items that the personal stylist at LE TOTE will select from to fill your bag.
- You wait for your first tote to arrive. Mine took less than a week from the time I filled out my profile, because it’s two-day shipping both ways.
- Once your tote arrives, you wear and enjoy the clothing, go online and provide feedback on all the items.
- After you’ve worn everything once or twice, or however many times you’d like, you send it all back in a pre-paid envelope, provided to you by LE TOTE.
- If you really like something and want to keep it, you keep it. LE TOTE will charge you for it, and you’ll pay less than retail for it. You can also keep the whole tote if you want, which gives you the biggest bang for your buck.
- You can repeat this process as often as you’d like. Picking out new items, updating your preferences and enjoying your totes. You can cancel at any time, as the service goes month-to-month.
I’ve received one tote so far, which included three tops and two necklaces. I selected all of these items as part of my initial sign-up, but had no idea what would really end up in my tote based off the 40 items I chose. I’ve worn all but one piece so far. Everything fit, everything is high-quality, and even though I’d be happy to have all these items in my wardrobe, I’m going to send them all back and get more stuff. Here’s what I got in my first LE TOTE …
What kind of clothing is available through LE TOTE?
LE TOTE adds new items to the collection every other week, so there will always be fresh clothing to choose from including tops, sweaters, jackets, skirts, dresses, bracelets, scarves, earrings, necklaces and rings. And your tote will always feature a mix of clothing and accessories, but you can opt out of the earrings if your ears aren’t pierced. The brands are basically ones that I already buy at stores, including Tart, BCBGeneration, French Connection, Joie, Kensie and others, so you’ll definitely recognize what’s available. You can go to the website to see the brands.
The best part is, that it will give you a chance to try out some styles that you’re not sure of, then exchange them. For instance, I’ve added a few loud animal print and edgy leather pieces to “My Closet” on LE TOTE, because I think those pieces will be fun to wear a couple times only, but are not worth taking up space in my closet. Here are some of my first pieces in action …
A few more things to note: You don’t have to launder the items, because LE TOTE takes care of all of that. If you have a special event coming up, you can request a dress or something out of the ordinary by emailing the company, and your personal stylist will be sure to include what you’ve requested. And you can give this service as a gift, so if you have anyone in mind who is super hard to shop for, LE TOTE just may be that unique gift you’ve been searching for.
So let’s get this straight, just like Netflix, the clothing you are sent and wear could very well be used. Other fancy LE TOTE members may have enjoyed a top and sent it back. I don’t know if the tops I was sent have been worn before, because I certainly couldn’t tell, and quite frankly, I don’t care. I like them. But if you’re weird about that, then maybe this isn’t for you. It’s not exactly thrift-store shopping, but the clothing does not come with tags.
Sign up for LE TOTE and get 20 percent off
If you’re in need of a fun delivery of clothing that you can wear and send back, then hopefully you’re excited to learn about LE TOTE. Head on over to the site to look around and sign up today! <<affiliate link!! If you sign up using this link, I’ll get a little kickback, which I greatly appreciate it!>> And even better, you can use this special promo code for 20 percent off your first month: ALADYGOESWEST20.
* Disclaimer: While I was not compensated for this post, LE TOTE has kindly given me a few months of service complimentary, so that I can try it out and share it with you. The opinions and words are completely my own and are not shaded by the free service. Also, there are affiliate links in this post, and if you use them, I will benefit. So thanks for that. But honestly, who doesn’t like to receive clothes every month and get to send them back for more? Exactly.
Questions of the day
Have you heard of LE TOTE? What would you want to be in your first tote? How often do you go shopping for new clothes?