Hi, friends! How goes it? Do you have a long weekend to enjoy this weekend? It’s the 4th of July in the U.S. on Tuesday, so many of us are probably getting an extra day off (unless you aren’t working for the man, in which case it’s up to you if you take the holiday or not — I’d say do it!). Whatever you are up to this weekend, I hope you get some steps, fresh air, quality time with loved ones and some relaxation!
Before we begin, I want to thank you for stopping by the blog to read today. Have you heard me say thank you a lot lately? That’s because I mean it. When you guys click on aladygoeswest.com, scroll through and read what I write, it makes me very happy. I know that there are many of you out there whom I will never hear from with comments or emails or anything like that, and that’s totally okay, but just know that I truly appreciate having you here. Keep coming back!
Anywho, let’s do some favorites. Shall we? And today’s selection is hashtag random.
My favorite clothes of the week: Shop Estilo
So a few weeks ago, my photographer friend, Tamalyn, asked if I would be a model for a shoot. I had to remind her that I was quite pregnant and probably not model material, but she said it didn’t matter, because the clothes I would be wearing were perfect for mommas, mommas-to-be and just about any lady. Score! I went to Tamalyn’s house and wore a few super cute and soft items, which actually fit me great in spite of my growing tummy, so she could capture some shots.
The clothing is all from Shop Estilo, which is a local Bay Area online boutique, owned by a woman who is also a mom. Love that! Tamalyn is helping Shop Estilo pump up its website, and I was happy to provide a little bit of assistance as well.
I got to keep the beautiful floral dress that I’m wearing above, and it has become a go-to for me, as it’s casual, yet put together, and extra comfy for my expanding waistline. Overall, I love to support a local woman-owned company, especially when the clothes are fashionable and very reasonably priced. Check out the site here.
My favorite delivery of the week: Must Have Box
There’s just something about opening a package full of surprise contents that makes me very excited. My friends at POPSUGAR offered to send me the June Must Have Box in exchange for sharing it with you, and I gladly obliged.
This box is a summer theme, and here are the contents:
- Billabong Aloha Forever Trucker Hat
- Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray
- Starbucks Frappuccino — this is now waiting in the fridge for Dave
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo Novel
- Aloha Collection Ocean Coco Palms Pouch
- NCLA So Rich Mermaid Tears Cuticle Oil
- Belgian Boys Mini Cookie Stash — adorable and tasty!
- Meri Meri Blue and White Party Straws
A few things to note: I have been reading nothing but non-fiction pregnancy/baby books lately (and getting increasingly terrified of childbirth, etc.), so I will gladly dig into this fiction book for an escape. And cuticle oil? Did you guys know how much I LOVE to use cuticle oil? Like, I can’t live without it, so I’m happy to try a new-to-me brand. Yay for this box!
If you’re interested in a curated box of goodies like this sent each month as a gift for someone or for yourself, check out the POPSUGAR Must Have site here. Use the code SHOP5 for $5 off your first order.
*Disclaimer: I received a free Must Have Box from POPSUGAR, but all opinions are my own. I did not receive any compensation.
My favorite home item of the week: Mermaid Pillow
This has turned into quite the summer edition with this next favorite. I mean, have you ever heard of a mermaid pillow? Well, I’m now the proud owner of my very own beautiful mermaid pillow with a positive saying on it, and I’m very happy about that.
The sweet folks behind the Mermaid Pillow company reached out to me, and I learned that they are a family-owned company that gives back to children’s charities, so I couldn’t say no to trying a pillow and giving a shout-out. I selected the Cherish pillow, and outside of the fact that the pillow is gorgeous, it also has some meaning and utility.
The back of the pillow has two-toned sequins, so you can actually draw on it with your finger to make new designs. How cool is that? Apparently this is a calming activity for kids with autism, as well as adults. I happen to like doing it too!
I’m always on the hunt for special items with meaning as gifts for friends and loved ones, and I really think this entire line of pillows does just that. Head over to the site if you want to see more.
My favorite links of the week
A few from around the web …
- FITNESS: Back when I was a personal trainer at Equinox, I used the T-nation site for help coming up with programs and variations of moves for clients. I’ve always enjoyed the information there, even though the site is pretty masculine. This video on how to loosen up stiff shoulders speaks to my heart — it’s so important to do these moves, and the guy in the video has awesome mobility!
- WEIGHT-LOSS: People ask me all the time how they can shed some pounds, and I always ask a few questions about their lifestyle before responding (although please note, I am NOT a nutritionist and usually just give loose ideas to friends, etc.). This one is a great article from a doctor on things to consider if you want to drop some LBs.
- WELLNESS: Save this one for later if you don’t have a lot of time, because it is long. But it’s an interesting look at how this whole wellness thing is maybe going too far. Food for thought!
And in case you missed what was on A Lady Goes West recently …
- Four things I did this weekend and my weekly workout report
- Are you doing enough? Here’s how to be a better judge of yourself
- Readers’ biggest fitness questions answered: Part two
Also, congrats to Emily for winning the Smashmallow giveaway last week. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, my friends! Be good to yourself! See you soon! (Over on Instagram, until we meet again here.)Some happy and fun faves by @apstyle. Check them out ... Click To Tweet
*There are some affiliate links in this post. Thanks for the support!
Questions of the day
What’s one good thing that happened for you in June?
What’s one thing you are looking forward to this weekend?