Sharing all about my favorite Beautycounter holiday sets for 2019 and more!
I know what you’re thinking — we haven’t even had Thanksgiving yet, how can we be talking about holiday shopping? But we can! Oh yes, we can. 🙂
Well, I’m pretty proud to say that I’ve actually already started shopping and have a couple of people checked off my list. I still have more to do, but I’m pleased with getting a head start this year, because I tend to get behind schedule with shopping, so this was big for me.
The good news is that it’s so easy to do all your shopping online these days, and it’s also really cool to gift things to people you love that they will not only like, but will also appreciate the sentiment behind. That’s where Beautycounter’s safe and clean makeup and skincare products come in.
Why you should give the gift of clean beauty and Beautycounter holiday sets for 2019
Today, I’m going to share with you my favorite Beautycounter holiday sets, which are only available during the holiday season. But we’ll start with a little bit of talk about why you should consider giving the gift of clean beauty, what clean beauty actually is and why it’s better than what you find in the stores.
What is clean (safe) beauty?
First of all, let’s define clean (or safe) beauty.
Clean beauty is a term that means beauty and skincare products that are nontoxic and made without harmful ingredients, and Beautycounter coined this term (although there are quite a few brands using it now).
Unfortunately, in the U.S., the skincare and beauty industry is not federally regulated with strict standards (in fact, the FDA doesn’t screen skincare or beauty products at all, it’s up to the individual companies to do that and no laws have been changed on the matter since the 1930s), so products with toxins and known carcinogens are legally sold in stores and online and always have been.
It’s bad, folks. Consumers are led to believe that because they are buying something from a big name brand that it’s a safe product. But that’s not always the case.
Clean beauty products are made without formaldehyde, parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, and more — all of which are the toxins that you’ll find in everyday conventional hair, body and skin products that have been linked to causing harm to our health. And as someone who has had issues with their hormones being out of whack, I can tell you first-hand that you don’t want any ingredients like these seeping into your skin and messing up your endocrine system (where hormones are made). You just don’t. But there’s more to it than that …
Why should you gift clean beauty to others?
Here are the reasons why you should give the gift of clean beauty to those you love …
- Vote with your dollars. I get it that we like what we like and tend to stick to the products we’ve always used, because that’s the easiest thing to do. But you can vote using your dollars. And if you choose to buy cheap options from big brands that are selling products with toxins (that lead to infertility, asthma, cancer and more), you’re saying that’s okay with you. But if you choose to spend your money with companies that do not use toxins in their products, you’re showing your support for that. If you purchase products from Beautycounter, the company uses some of the purchase price to fund advocacy efforts to try to get better regulations in the industry in the U.S. to make it easier for everyone to know if a product is toxin-free in the future. That just feels good all around.
- Keeping it safe for pregnant and nursing women. There are a lot of conventional products out there that aren’t suitable for pregnant and nursing moms, because the toxins seep into the bloodstream. Part of the reason I switched to clean beauty was because Brady was young, and I was nursing, and didn’t want to use anything that could be questionable.
- Supporting no tests on animals. No testing on animals ever.
- Letting someone know their health is worth investing in. We spend a lot of time choosing organic foods, booking fitness classes and paying for supplements, so why wouldn’t we spend money on better products that we apply directly to our skin? We should. You can help someone slowly transition to clean beauty by giving them a little starter kit — it tells them that their holistic health, down to what products they’re using — is important to you and should be to them too.
I definitely don’t use ONLY clean beauty and skincare products, and that’s probably not possible for anyone. I don’t skip soap in public bathrooms nor do I bring my own shampoo to the hair dresser, but I do make conscious choices for mostly everything else, especially what I use at home and have control over. (Gotta admit, I’m still using drug store mascara … but maybe I’ll make the switch one day on that one hold-out.)
Remember, it’s a small step-by-step process to replace your conventional products with clean ones. But every time you choose to use a safer/cleaner product, there are less toxins coming into contact with your system. And that’s the gift that keeps on giving.
The best Beautycounter holiday sets for 2019
Clean beauty nerds like me (and a growing number of others) get pretty excited about the limited-edition holiday sets from Beautycounter. Some of the products are new, and others are the classic products mixed with new features.
*By the way, I’m a Beautycounter consultant, so if you click on any of the links to these products and order, you’d be supporting my business and shopping with me. And I appreciate you for that, because I truly believe in this brand, which is why I keep talking about it.
Here are some of my favorite Beautycounter holiday sets. All clean, safe, effective and festive too …
These Jellies are super-cute and colorful lipglosses that provide a ton of shine, without stickiness. The flavors are raspberry, butterscotch, creamsicle, peppermint and sorbet. Such an adorable gift set with five total jellies. Shop The Jellies here.
Bright Eyes Treatment Set
If you’ve got tired eyes, you need this Bright Eyes Treatment Set. This set includes six Eye Revive Cooling Masks that provide hydration for the skin around the eyes and decrease puffiness, while the Countertime Eye Cream reduces under-eye shadows. Here’s a cool tip: Pop your Countertime under-eye cream in the fridge for extra cooling. Shop the Bright Eyes Treatment Set here.
Beautycounter+ Skincare Favorites
If you want to get someone a gift set that features the most popular Beautycounter skincare products (that go well with any regimen) then this Beautycounter+ Skincare Favorites is it. This set includes the limited-time Lotus Glow Cleansing Stick (it’s the popular Cleansing Balm in stick form), Overnight Resurfacing Peel, No. 3 Balancing Charcoal Facial Mask and the No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil. I love and use all of these items each at least once a week. Shop the Beautycounter+ Skincare Favorites here.
Hand Cream Trio
Why is it that fancy hand cream is one of those things we never seem to buy for ourselves but love to have? This Hand Cream Trio is made with hydrating jojoba oil and features lightweight hand lotions with special scents not usually offered, including fresh petal, Mandarin violet and soft neroli. One for the car, one for the kitchen and one for the purse! Shop the Hand Cream Trio here.
Starlight Eyeshadow Palette
This Starlight Eyeshadow Palette has five limited-edition festive party shades for the holidays, including some that are matte, shimmering and satin. I recently saw a great tip where you can use a very thin brush and apply the eyeshadow as an eyeliner too, if you wet the tip of the brush. Such a good idea! Also, the Eye Sparklers Palette is even more festive, if you like sparkle. Shop the Starlight Eyeshadow Palette here.
Pout Perfecter Lip Care Set
This little Pout Perfecter Lip Care Set of three products includes Lip Polish, Better Balm and Crystal Lip Gloss. When you use all three together, you get exfoliation, conditioning and shine, for the perfect pout. Shop the Pout Perfecter Lip Care Set here.
Glow & Go Mini Oils
Everyone loves the facial oils. And did you know that people with oily skin get a huge benefit from using oils? They do. I love to put oil on under my makeup on a day when I’m putting some effort in. This Glow & Go Mini Oils set has the three Beautycounter oils all in fun travel sizes: Balancing, Brightening and Plumping, for all your facial oil needs. Shop the Glow & Go Mini Oils here.
Other awesome gift sets
- For the dudes: The Counterman Carry-on. I got this for Dave to test out Counterman, then ended up getting him the full-size regimen too because he liked it. This set features Purifying Shampoo, Energizing Charcoal Body Wash, Daily Exfoliating Cleanser and an Oil-Free Facial Lotion (which is Dave’s favorite from the line).
- To break up as teacher gifts or stocking stuffers: The Mini Lip Gloss Vault always sells out, because it’s perfect for gifting to teachers, friends and dropping in stockings. There are 10 shades in this kit with a Mandarin violet scent.
- For any lady: The Rosewood Lip Trio includes the Sheer Lipstick, Color Intense Lipstick and a Lip Gloss all in the rosewood shade, which is flattering on nearly everyone. Love this one!
Everything’s great, but those are a few of my top choices. You can search the rest of the Beautycounter holiday sets here.
(P.S. I’m wearing Beautycounter’s signature red lipstick in these pictures. It’s my favorite for going out, especially during the holidays.)
You can click on the links of any of the products above and go straight to the Beautycounter site to order for yourself. If you need any help or have any questions, please reach out to me, either on Instagram DM or through an email. I’d love to help you pick out some excellent gifts for you or someone else, because everyone needs a little clean beauty in their lives.
A few more clean beauty resources
- Take this skincare survey for help on what your skin needs, and I’ll get back to you soon with some customized recommendations.
- Sign up for my clean beauty newsletter for promos and updates.
- Read this one: “My top seven Beautycounter products and how I take care of my skin“
- And this one: “All about skin and my review of the Beautycounter Countertime skincare line“
Also, if you want anything on this list, just share the post with whoever is doing your gifting.
Have a safe, clean and healthy day, my friends! 🙂
Questions of the day
Are you currently using clean beauty products?
What’s on your holiday wish list this year?
How was your weekend?