Hi, friends! How are you? Doing well over here. As usual, this week, I taught four classes, did a lot of writing work, chased after Brady and all of that good stuff. And we’re gearing up for a fun weekend, because our friends from Orlando arrived last night to stay with us for the weekend. We’re heading to the Warriors Finals game tonight, wine country tomorrow and much more, and in between all of that, I’ll be working to learn the new Les Mills releases to launch BODYATTACK 105 on Tuesday afternoon and BODYPUMP 110 on Wednesday morning. No time to waste, so let’s get right to the faves of the day …
Brady’s first festival
We’ve lived in Walnut Creek for almost five years now, and yet we had never gone to the local Walnut Creek Heather Farm Wine & Art Festival, even though we’ve always heard good things. Well, it was a little bit hot, but we met some friends there in the afternoon this past weekend and had such a good time. Brady seemed to love the people watching, and he ate his snacks happily in the shade of his stroller for much of the visit. And he also spilled water down his romper …
There was live music in one of the areas that was a little loud, so we didn’t take him in there — but otherwise it was really kid friendly. I would say about half of the attendees were toting a baby or a toddler along with them, which let me know it was a perfect little outing for our fam on a Saturday. And of course, we had some wine …
Warriors watch party
Also this weekend, we hosted some friends and their kids to watch a Finals game, and the Warriors won. We stayed outside and watched on our outdoor TV and had Papa Murphy’s pizza for an easy group dinner. Brady got to join the party for the first hour or so and he colored a picture and ate tortilla chips while staring at all our guests, especially the bigger kids. Good times, and yet, no pictures were taken, but I do have this one of me pre-gaming with a matcha latte …
(Wearing my new favorite lipstick color from Beautycounter.)
We can file this one under something I didn’t think I wanted or needed until I owned and now I can’t live without — fancy headphones that totally cover the ears and even cancel outside noise. Dave bought me these Beats headphones as part of an anniversary gift to help with my morning meditations. The headphones are wireless, they connect to my phone via Bluetooth easily, have an awesome carrying case and most importantly, are aesthetically pleasing. Okay, no, most importantly, they have an amazing sound and cancel out a lot of surrounding noise — like Brady.
I’ll definitely be bringing these on some upcoming plane trips too (L.A. at the end of the month and Vancouver next month — woohoo!). I’ve never owned cool headphones like these before, and I’m totally into how great they make music and voices sound. Totally upping my guided meditation experience too. Thanks, Dave! 🙂
Beautycounter Men’s line promo for Father’s Day
Did you know that Beautycounter carries a men’s line called Counterman? They do, and I’ve bought it for Dave, and he loved it. As always, the products are safe, effective and cruelty free. Here’s the current deal just in time to gift the man in your life: If you buy a Counterman regimen (like the beard or shave regimen) or collection now through June 13, you’ll get a free Counterman dopp kit. If you want to know more about Beautycounter, sign up for my beauty list here. Let me know if you have any questions!
Weekly workout recap
Sharing how I’ve been moving lately …
- Monday: 45-minute BODYPUMP class, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute BODYATTACK class, 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday: Taught 1-hour BODYPUMP class, 9:30 a.m., taught 1-hour barre class, 5 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 1-hour barre class, 12 p.m.
- Friday: 20 minutes of BODYATTACK and 20 minutes of BODYPUMP practice, 9 a.m.
- Saturday: 25 minutes of BODYATTACK practice and 15-minute weights workout, 9;30 a.m.
- Sunday: Rest day
This past week was Les Mills central, and that will continue throughout the next week as I prepare for the next launch of new releases. But I did teach barre twice and do one very short solo workout, so there’s that. I’ve been craving hot yoga, strangely enough, so let’s see if I can make that happen one day soon. (BTW: Need some Les Mills in your life? Try Les Mills On Demand for 21 days totally free using my referral link here.)
Here’s the short solo workout I did …
You can find some more workouts that I’ve done for inspiration under the “Workouts” highlight on my Instagram stories.
A few things I enjoyed from around the web …
- All about postpartum healing. You guys know I was very cautious and slow with my postpartum healing, and that’s why I think I feel as good as I do now, with zero issues. This article is incredibly helpful in understanding how the hormones change so much after you have a baby and smart ways to take care of yourself. Read it and then send it to a friend who needs it too.
- The barre shakes. It’s totally normal and okay to get the shakes when you’re doing little isometric pulsing-type moves in barre classes. This quick article tells you why those shakes are happening.
- Partner stretches. I wonder if I can get Dave to do these partner stretches with me? I know they would feel excellent. But seriously, if you have a workout buddy, try these four moves out.
Speaking of reading. Here’s one from earlier in the week …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives …
- Toddler life. Can you believe he is 20 months? … “Brady’s 20-month update.”
- Easy and healthy food. One of my favorite grocery stores … “A busy gal’s shopping list for healthy items at Trader Joe’s to save time.”
That’s all she wrote. Literally. See you over on Instagram until we meet back here, my friends. I appreciate you!
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What was the best thing that happened in your week?
What’s one unexpected material thing you didn’t know you wanted and now love?