Hey, my friends! How’s everything in your neck of the woods?
This was a pretty normal week over here, without much excitement. I worked, taught some classes, hung out with the family and sent off some gifts to my best Beautycounter clients as a little appreciation for supporting my biz.
Also, Dave and I exercised our right to vote this week, and we dropped off our ballots at City Hall. I spent a lot of time researching all the propositions and felt good about my choices. I actually let Brady drop our ballots in the official box, and he got a major kick out of that. Have you voted yet, if you’re eligible? You should!
Fun fact: The red shorts I’m wearing above are actually former full-length leggings that got an oil stain on them from a Brady incident. I decided to cut the legs off and make my own bike shorts, and it worked!
Anywho, this weekend, we don’t have much going on, but it’s supposed to be nice out instead of hot, which will be a welcome change for us. Alright, let’s get to the faves …
Outing in wine country
Dave and I have only been out and away from Brady three times in the last eights months. That’s crazy! Last weekend, we left for about four hours to go to a winery and have a nice lunch, and it was such a good time. It was a little hot in Sonoma/Napa that day, but we made do with our outdoor adventures.
I was also excited to wear something other than jeans or leggings, and it was the perfect time to pull out this romper I got over the summer from Calia and never had a chance to wear.
First up, we did a tasting at Calmére Winery. We had never been here before, and it’s fairly new. We wanted a winery that wasn’t too far off the beaten path and one that had a combination of white/red wine during the tasting. The wine at Calmére was pretty good (the reserve Chardonnay was my favorite, and that’s not a surprise), but our wine educator had the lightest pour. Darn.
Nonetheless, it was a super laid-back setting, and we had our own table nowhere near anyone else, so we just chilled and chatted and sipped. And it was nice and quiet. Good stuff!
Next up, we had lunch at El Dorado Kitchen in Sonoma Square. We’d been to El Dorado Kitchen once before, and it was perfectly delicious. The big open courtyard behind the hotel was a safe and socially distanced area for dining al fresco. Here’s what we had …
Why does restaurant food taste so good? Like so good. 🙂 Maybe because it’s prepared for you, served to you and cleaned up for you too?
Overall, a great adult escape for us that we needed. And Brady had an amazing time at home with his Auntie Gwena, so we were barely missed. Yay for that!
New lime green leggings
Another awesome workout-wear find!
It’s hard for me to believe that I used to only wear black workout clothes. How boring. I’ve really improved my variety over the last couple of years. And I’m loving the choices on the Carbon38 site. I just got these lime green high-waisted leggings, and they are so darn comfy, made by the same brand as my favorite animal print leggings.
(Very into these new leggings.)
Almost a little too bright to capture the pattern and ribbed fabric in pictures, Brady was totally into the color and asked me to put them on again the next day. By the way, you can use my code ASHLEYPITT for 15 percent off your first two orders of more than $100 on the Carbon38 site.
Introducing Skin Twin Creamy Concealer and Better Blender
Two new Beautycounter makeup products launched this week, and I’m pumped about them both.
First up, we have a new concealer, the Skin Twin Creamy Concealer, which is totally reformulated from our older concealer pen. There are now 13 shades instead of 6, and you get 160 percent more product in the bottle. And this new concealer also has skincare benefits (much like its sister product, the Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation that launched this summer), so it improves appearance of the skin while you wear it. Love that.
Skin Twin Creamy Concealer provides medium-to-full coverage and even has a convenient paddle brush. I bought a few shades, and Fair 2 seems to be ideal for me.
Then, Beautycounter also debuted the new Better Blender, which is a multi-purpose makeup sponge for applying foundation either wet or dry. It’s a way to get more or less coverage from your makeup, and you can even wash it with a gentle cleanser.
I’m big into using my foundation brush to apply foundation, but real makeup buffs seem to go crazy over this sponge for its versatility, so maybe I should give it a go.
If you need help picking out your shades or want to know more about Beautycounter, send me an email or DM! 🙂
Here are my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 30-minute BODYPUMP, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 30-minute cycle, 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 45-minute weights circuit, 10 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 30-minute CXWORX, 6 p.m.
- Friday: 30-minute Les Mills GRIT Strength via Les Mills On Demand, 10 a.m.
- Saturday: 15-minute BODYFLOW, 10 a.m.
- Sunday: 30-minute CXWORX and 15-minute cycle, 11 a.m.
This past week, once again, I did some extra Les Mills workouts, because I was finishing up my last week of the new Les Mills Coach guided program, which I reviewed in this post here. I felt pretty good in all of my workouts, and I’ve been enjoying the addition of some more weighted work throughout the week. But of course, my workout highlights are teaching my two live classes each week on Motus. Want to join me for those? You can sign up here to hop into class with me for free.
A few A Lady Goes West recommended products
You guys know I only share what I love, so here are some of the brands I recommend …
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and clean protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder, the RED powder and the GOLD powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 10 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order on the Four Sigmatic site using the code ALADYGOESWEST.
A few things from around the web
- Nutrition facts. This is a good list of nutrition facts and myths. Yes, you do need to eat carbs, yes sugar in fruit is better than sugar in candy, and no keto is not a sustainable lifestyle. Check out the article for more.
- This dance. I don’t watch “Dancing with the Stars” anymore, but I did see this dance mentioned on Facebook and had to watch the video a few times. Ohhhh is it good!
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Les Mills Coach. I love to try out new programs, especially from my favorite fitness brand. And this one is not a workout, but an accountability plan. This post also includes a discount for you to try the program … “Review of the Les Mills Coach program.”
- Reading. These are some good ones, in case you’re in need of some new material … “The five best books I’ve read this year (fiction and nonfiction).”
Thank you for visiting the blog today, my friends! I’ll see you soon! 🙂 xoxo
Questions of the day
How was your week?
Have you tried anything new lately?
What’s one thing you’re looking forward to this weekend?