Well, hello there, February! Here we are into the second (and shortest) month of 2021. Time is flying by over here, and that’s a good thing.
We have one more week in our AirBnB before we move into our new home in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, which is super exciting. The cool thing is that because nearly all of our stuff from California went into storage in early January, we don’t have much packing to do to prepare to move. We can easily fit everything we have with us at the AirBnB into our two cars in one (maybe two) trips. We sold a ton of stuff before the move, so we’ll be getting new things slowly but surely to fill up the new house. Exciting! I’ll keep you posted on all that.
And for a boring update: This past week was much like the last. I’m trying to work, take care of Brady, stay sane during the rainy and cold moments indoors, explore a little and then do it all again the next day. I did get a chance to get my nails done, and I’m very happy with the spot that I’ve found for dip nails, which is awesome. It’s hard to find all-new vendors when you move, so at least I’ve got one checked off the list. 🙂
Let’s do some faves …
New iPhone 12 Pro Max
It had been three years since I upgraded my phone, and it was long overdue. Up until this week, I had an iPhone 8 Plus that was constantly full, and I had to keep deleting and moving files in order to film videos or take pictures. I’m actually not sure how I waited so long or dealt with such inconvenience, especially because my phone is absolutely essential to my work — taking pictures, posting to social media, filming workout classes and much more. Wow.
Nonetheless, I finally got my new iPhone this week. There was a decent rebate deal going on at AT&T, so I traded my paid-off old phone in for a discount on my monthly fee for the new phone, which is the current latest and greatest. And let me tell you, it’s a huge step up. More storage, better camera, better sound, faster processing — all around an upgrade.
I ordered a phone case and a little grip for the back of the phone and am awaiting their deliveries this week. But until then, I’m trying to keep the new (and bare) phone as safe as possible, which means not letting Brady near it. Wish me luck!
Exploring Charlotte in the cold
Okay, so hear me out: I was born and raised in Florida, then moved to California for eight years before landing in Charlotte. My family never traveled during the winters. That being said, I’ve never really seen snowfall. I’ve seen snow on the ground, but actual real snow flurries — a sprinkling maybe once in my life. Until this week, when Brady and I experienced a magical three-minute snow flurry outside of Sprouts after grocery shopping one day.
This may sound so silly and insignificant, but it was both of our firsts, and we were totally surprised and delighted. Yay for snow, and we hope to see more. Moving on …
In addition to the flurries, we’ve been on some outdoor adventures lately where we’ve come upon frozen water and icy patches, and we even visited Lake Wylie, shown above. All of this exploring has been a good time for Brady (and for me). We’re doing our best to take in and appreciate all our new surroundings and these moments have been cool for us.
Calling for input on a new blog series: Ask-me-anything advice column!
Here’s a look at my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 30-minute BODYPUMP via Les Mills On Demand, 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre class on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 30-minute full-body weights via Peloton, 6 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre class on Motus, 3 p.m.
- Friday: 20-minute lower-body weights, 15-minute ride via Peloton, 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 20-minute upper-body weights via Peloton, 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 20-minute yoga via Peloton, 11 a.m.
This past week was a big win for me, because I picked up weights four times. My resistance training has been significantly less in the last couple of months, and I’ve felt it. I’m still keeping my sessions short, but happy to be doing them. Boy do I look forward to having more time and space for my workouts in the near future. But for now, it’ll do. 🙂
A Lady Goes West recommended favorite products
I only share what I use and love in my own life, and here are some of the brands I swear by. And when you use my discount codes and links, you support me, so thanks for that …
- Fit Revolution. Get a 14-day trial and 33 percent off your first month of this amazing workout platform (where you can take my classes on demand) with the code ASHLEYPITT3PC1.
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and minimal-ingredient protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order on the site using the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 20 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
A few things from around the web
- Free activities to beat boredom. I think we’ve all had more boredom in the last year than usual. Am I right? Here’s a list of 45 things you can do when you feel a little bored.
- Sweet potato falafel. Calling all falafel lovers, this sounds like a super tasty variation worth whipping up for an exciting lunch or dinner. I love falafel, by the way, but I’ve never made it at home and should really change that.
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Recovery. Are you intentional about your recovery? If not, you should be. And this isn’t just for hard-core exercisers, but anyone who likes to feel good … “Seven recovery methods to try on your next rest day.”
- Wellness. This post was a fun one to write, and I still want to do many of these things one day … “My wellness bucket list.”
Thank you for clicking over to read A Lady Goes West today! Have a wonderful day and weekend, friends!
Questions of the day
How was your week?
What are you up to this weekend?
When was the last time you got a new phone?