Hello, hello. Happy Hump Day. Okay, that’s not really a phrase I’ve used much before, and I don’t know that I like it. However, it’s true that we have reached mid-week, so we’ll go with it for now.
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day yesterday, I wore some green socks to teach BODYPUMP, enjoyed a green smoothie for lunch and Dave and I had turkey burgers with green veggies for dinner, finishing our night by watching House of Cards and going to bed at a reasonable hour. Not exactly the crazy St. Patrick’s Day celebrations of our youth, but just what we needed.
In addition to that, I booked airline tickets for us to go to Florida over Memorial Day in May. Not only will we celebrate our third wedding anniversary while we are there, but we will also be attending (and I will be a bridesmaid) in my good friend Melissa’s wedding in my hometown in Southwest Florida. I cringed a bit as I pressed “submit” on the payment button, because we sure make it a habit of flying across the country during peak-travel times (like nearly every holiday, of course!). Nonetheless, I know every second of it will be worth it, and now I’m officially counting down the days … 65 to go!
I really do enjoy traveling and hope to plan and book another trip this year, but nothing is on the calendar quite yet. We’ll see. Now, let’s get to the topic you showed up for — food!
What I Ate Wednesday
Today, I’m recapping all of my eats from Sunday. I almost always share my food and drinks from Mondays or Tuesdays each week, and that’s not only because those are healthy, structured eating days that seem worthy of sharing, but also because those days fall right before “What I Ate Wednesday” is due to go live.
However, because I want to show a little variety, this recap is from a weekend day, which looks a bit different for me. It’s not bad, but it’s not exactly clean and whole. See what you think …
And this was also a rest day, as my Sundays usually are, so no need for protein shakes or pre-activity fuel. Just a bunch of lazy eats, some of which were consumed at home, and some of which were consumed at a mediocre restaurant.
Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Another Greek yogurt power bowl. Plain Greek yogurt mixed with banana-flavored Greek yogurt, a sliced-up banana, various nuts and seeds. Served with a glass of prune juice and green tea, sweetened with stevia and almond milk.
Mid-morning snack at 11:30 a.m.
My favorite Coco Libre coconut water and a little nibbly snack bar, which I brought back from my trip to the Keys the weekend before. I hadn’t had one of those cereal bars in forever and forgot how tasty they are.
Lunch at 2 p.m.
A sub-par restaurant salad from Katy’s Kreek in downtown Walnut Creek. It wasn’t quite what I ordered either. This salad consisted of grilled prawns, crab, blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits, tomatoes and avocado with some spring mix greens and balsamic dressing. I was supposed to have a hard-boiled egg and more veggies on there, but because Dave and I waited so long for our meal, I didn’t bother saying anything about the mistake. I ate it all, but wasn’t pleased.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
I cannot stop eating trail mix. No I didn’t stop at this one bowl, in fact, after I finished this bowl, I just ate it out of the package after taking a nice little photo of this single serving. Whole cashews, raw almonds, dried plums and some other good stuff underneath … slightly addicting. Plenty of healthy fats though.
Adult beverage at 7 p.m.
Words can’t describe the deliciousness of this Gehricke Pinot Noir. Dave was gifted this bottle, and we certainly enjoyed it as a nice pre-dinner delight. We still have a lot of good wine leftover from our housewarming, and it’s nice to have a stocked bar.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
To go along with our fancy wine, we had a cheap dinner. This meal consisted of some flatbread oven pizza, which once again much like my lunch, was just mediocre. It’s a California Pizza Kitchen pie, featuring spinach and artichoke. We had that along with some spinach, apple and pecan salad. Dave and I had been deciding on whether to have burgers on the grill or this meal, and we were disappointed with our final choice.
Dessert at 9 p.m.
A little dessert to end the night, of course. Shown above is a few scoops of Arctic Zero‘s new chunk pints line, featuring Cool Mint Chip and A Lil’ Bit Chippy. Arctic Zero just sent me a little care package featuring these “healthy” new goodies, and I love them. Over the course of this past weekend I successfully finished off a few pints. Good stuff.
And there you have it! A day of eating with just enough junk to satisfy. While not all my meals were delicious, they were diverse, which is a good way to go for a balanced diet on the 80/20 plan.
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! See you tomorrow!
By the way, congrats to Eva, who was the winner of the MealEnders giveaway. She has been emailed and was excited to win! Thanks, Eva!
More daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
Questions of the day
Did you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? What’s your all-time favorite food? Do you have a favorite oven pizza brand?