Another Friday! Here we are! I hope your week has been going along just great. After arriving back in the Bay Area mid-week, Dave and I are basically back to business with life. And while a lot of people in the U.S. will be enjoying a three-day weekend for Labor Day, I’m still teaching classes at the gym on both Saturday and Monday, so it’s just a regular couple of days for me. Except for the fact that we’ll be having a little get-together on Sunday with some friends, which should be fun.
My latest “Friday Favorites” of the week
Is it bad that every time I open up my blog to write this weekly post, my first instinct is always to put pictures of my little Rudy? So true. But really, this post is just a chance to pull out a few unrelated items and talk about them in one big post, and no dog pictures today. Even though I want to start sharing all of the fun favorites I discovered in Maui on vacation, I’m saving that all for next week. Right now, let’s get to some things I’ve been loving lately on the home-front … (By the way, if you didn’t stop by last Friday to see what I had for you, I suggest you check out “Dave’s favorites” as well.)
My favorite book of the week
True story: I haven’t been reading much lately. While I read a couple of books at the beginning of the year, I took a break for a few months. It seems like every time I lay my head down to read I fall right asleep, so I stopped trying. Well of course, going on a five-hour flight without WiFi gave me the perfect opportunity to get a new book last week.
Liane Moriarty writes a good story. Big Little Lies kept me entertained on the flight to Maui and back, and I was instantly hooked.
I always like to drop into the airport bookstore just before a flight to make a quick reading decision, and I ended up with this book in about two minutes. I didn’t really know what it was about but had seen the cover around before, so went for it. And let me tell you, this book is good. The characters, the writing, the flow, the way the story is told. I love it. I’m about two-thirds of the way through and am totally enjoying the domestic secrets and drama. If you need a new book, check this one out.
My favorite new workout outfit of the week
When I came back from Hawaii, I was very excited to see my latest Fabletics delivery <<—-referral link>> on my doorstep. I picked out these two items, because I was drawn to the color and style, and I’m happy to report that they both fit great.
Whenever I have a new workout outfit, I like to save it for a special occasion. Well, I’m subbing a big BODYPUMP class tomorrow morning at my favorite gym, so that will give me a chance for a debut of this little number to see how it moves.
My favorite delicious treat of the week
This stuff is good. I had this in my pantry for weeks-and-weeks before opening it up. Well, I’m sure glad I finally did. This hazelnut spread is smooth, tasty and goes well on nearly anything. I’ve mostly been adding this to the top of dates for a quick dessert, but I could even see putting it on toast for a sweet breakfast.
Believe me, this Rigoni Di Asiago Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread jar of goodness is totally tasty.
Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa and Milk is kosher, non-GMO, gluten free and made of high-quality organic ingredients, so you can be sure you’re eating the good stuff. And the Nocciolata spread is just one product from the Rigoni di Asiago company, which was one of the first companies in Italy to go organic. It looks like you can find their line both online and in markets and various grocery stores. Thanks to the folks at Rigoni di Asiago for sending me a sample, because I’m a big fan.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Fitness — Les Mills BODYPUMP 94 group fitness review
- Funny stuff — Search terms that have led people to my blog
- Good reads — A few good links that I enjoyed reading
- Rambling — Post-vacation thoughts and updates
And here is my current favorite song, which I heard for the first time last week at a concert at Wente Vineyards. The beautiful melody just speaks to me. Check out Rachel Platten’s “A Better Place” and try not to weep!
That’s it for today, my friends! As always, I hope your weekend is fabulous. I’ll see you back here on Monday with tales from my trip to Maui!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
- Tasty stuff and a giveaway
- Snacks, gold, clothes and more
- A healthy giveaway and more
- A fitness giveaway and more
- Samples, workouts and more
- Dave’s favorite things
*Please note: While this post is not sponsored, there are affiliate links included. Thanks for your support!
Questions of the day
Do you have a fun recent favorite to share?
What are you up to this weekend?
Do you have a three-day weekend?