Friday again? Yes, please! Today’s a busy one for me. I’m teaching BODYATTACK at one gym, changing my shirt, chugging a shake and heading to another gym to teach BODYPUMP, as well as a core class, one-hour later. From there, I’m heading home for lunch and then to Orangetheory Fitness for a few hours of meetings.
I’ll probably plop on the couch once all that is complete and veg, because I’m up and at ’em early tomorrow to teach a double-header at Orangetheory again. Oh the life of gym-hopper.
As far as plans for the rest of the weekend … Dave is going to be golfing all day on Saturday in a tournament, so I’ll just hang out with little Rudy once I’m home from teaching. As of now, we’re considering going to a county fair with some friends on Sunday. Deep-fried twinkies anyone?
But you didn’t come here for that chatter. You came for some random “Friday Favorites,” and gosh darn-it, I’m going to deliver them to you. Without further ado …
My latest “Friday Favorites” of the week
You may wonder how I select what types of items will make my list each week. Well, it’s a science. Anything new that’s been in my life and I’m enjoying, and that’s that. There’s not always a place to share a bunch of randomness on the blog, so it all comes out on my last post of the week, every single week.
My favorite recent surprise presents
Oh leave it to my wonderful Momma to make my day. On Tuesday, I received a surprise package from her in honor of my “Halfy (or Un) Birthday.” (What, you don’t celebrate your mid-point to your birthday? Well you’re missing out!). In that package was all sorts of goodness, but what I most want to share are these …
It’s been three weeks since I’ve been a dog parent, and you can now call me a crazy dog-lover with these first few items. Love them! Now all I need is a bumper-sticker that says “I love my Maltipoo.” Oh wait, my car is leased, so I guess I’ll have to pass on that one. Maybe a scrunchie instead?
My favorite recent fashion delivery
Another Rocksbox jewelry-delivery success. If you’ve been around A Lady Goes West for a while, you know that I’ve been signed up for some complimentary months of the Rocksbox jewelry subscription service, and I even attended the first Rocksbox party in San Francisco. This stuff is too good not to share.
Another big statement necklace? I’ll take it. Shown above is the Perry Street Alana Necklace ($80), some Gorjana Taner Bar Mini Studs ($32) and a Wanderlust + Co. Multi-Stud Gold Bangle ($39). Which ones should I keep based on the Rocksbox discounted prices?
Every single box I receive has items that I’m in love with, and I’ve been keeping some things too, which is always your choice when a shipment comes. Don’t forget, you can sign up for a free month of Rocksbox using the code: aladygoeswestxoxo. And if you do, they’ll drop some pennies in my account. Woohoo!
My favorite new crunchy eats
I never buy cereal or granola unless it’s for Dave. Well a couple of weeks ago, a bag of this Post Grape-Nuts FIT granola came in the mail to me. I was hesitant to try it, but ended up eating it with Greek yogurt once and with cottage cheese once as a breakfast this week. And let me tell you — it’s darn tasty.
You have to be careful with granola, because the calorie counts get high quickly. But if you use portion control, you’re totally fine. A half-of-a-cup of this mixture has 230 calories, as well as nine grams of protein, five grams of fiber and whole grains — so it will keep you full and satisfied for a while. The Cranberry Vanilla flavor features granola, crunchy nuggets, cranberries, puffed barley and some natural vanilla flavor, which is all quite pleasing. I love adding crunch to nearly every meal, so this granola is a-okay in my book.
My favorite piece of neon
I am all into neon these days. I have neon dresses, tops, shoes and now a sports bra. A couple of weekends ago I attended a POPSUGAR Class FitSugar in San Francisco and came away with some loot. One of the things I’m most excited about is this neon-pink sports bra by C9 by Champion for Target.
I’ve worn the bra a few times, and the bright color is just wonderful, it seems to make my outfit. I’ve mostly been wearing it with looser-muscle-looking tanks, so the sides and straps sneak out to show the color too. It’s been a long time since I’ve had any clothing or activewear from Target, and I definitely like this piece. We’ll see how it holds up after a few washes, but right now, it’s great.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Weekend fun and fitness — Warriors parade, the weekend and my workouts
- Telling the truth — My top five confessions as a fitness professional (YES!!!)
- Food pictures and refueling — Why I refuel after a workout and my eats
- Photo tips — My five favorite free photo apps and websites
Also, I’m loving this funny article about Instagram, which a friend shared with me this week: “How to Have the Most Enviable Instagram of All Time in Just 21 Steps.” I’m proud to say that I’m not guilty of very many of these. But maybe I should try them to up my Instagram game?
And that covers it for today! By the way, congrats to LaTanya, the winner of last week’s GoMacro bar giveaway. I’ll have another giveaway coming your way soon.
Enjoy your Friday and weekend, my friends! See you back here on Monday morning.
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
When was the last time you went to a fair or amusement park?
What are you loving lately?