TGIF! Hi, my friends! Yes, it’s Friday again! This morning, I’m teaching an early BODYATTACK class and finishing up some work. Dave and I don’t have a lot of plans for the weekend. But I believe a casual sushi date is on the agenda for tonight, and tomorrow night we’ll be watching the Warriors playoff game with friends.
It seems like this week has just flown by, but it’s been a good one. And because it’s Friday, it’s time to share some of the things that I’ve been loving lately — and look out for an awesome giveaway thrown in right off the bat. Here we go …
My favorite new online yoga service and a yoga GIVEAWAY
If you’ve been reading my Monday weekly workout recaps lately, you’ve seen a ton of short yoga sessions at home included. The nice folks at The Yoga Collective reached out to me about a month ago and offered to let me try their new online yoga subscription service for free, as well as give away one year of the service to TWO lucky A Lady Goes West readers.
I’ve done nearly 10 different class videos from the site and have enjoyed them all. My favorite thing about the site is that the search function is very helpful, so you can find what you want. Here are a few other great things about The Yoga Collective:
- You can search by yoga format, focus, instructor, class duration or class difficulty. Videos range from 5 to 60 minutes.
- There are currently 45 free pose instruction videos and 60 class videos as part of the membership library. New videos are being added all the time.
- The classes all take place in one well-lit yoga studio in Southern California with a few participants in the room, so you’re part of and watching a real yoga class.
- There are several different instructors, and they are all very knowledgable.
- The instructors assist participants in class, which can be helpful when you’re doing the yoga poses at home on your own. I’ve noticed that they have all offered plenty of options and modifications to make poses easier or more challenging.
- There are also some Yoga for beginners classes, designed to help anyone get started in a practice. (On the flip side, the advanced classes are quite challenging.)
- There are super short yoga videos lasting from 5-15 minutes available, which are perfect when you crunched for time, but in need of a stretching session. You want to open your hips? There’s a video for that. You want to open your chest? Done.
- A one-year membership, which gives you unlimited access to all the videos on the site, is $130. And with that, you can do yoga anytime, anywhere, which is pretty neat.
Overall, I’m super excited I have access to great yoga classes whenever I want, and I know I’ll continue using this service throughout my year. I like the fact that these videos were all filmed in an actual yoga studio in Venice Beach, because they seem real. While you can occasionally hear some background noise in the studio, it does not take away from the practice at all. Therefore, I’m giving The Yoga Collective a big thumbs up!
ENTER TO WIN FREE ONLINE YOGA! TWO lucky readers will win a free year-long membership to The Yoga Collective. To enter: Leave a comment on this post. Additional entries if you like The Yoga Collective on Facebook, like A Lady Goes West on Facebook, or follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram, and leave a separate comment on the post for each thing you do. Easy as pie. I’ll select two winners on Sunday night. Now for some more favorites …
My favorite new faux leather good
Leave it to Marshall’s to come through with a great find when you’re in need. I’ve been searching high and low for a cute cosmetics bag, even going as far as ordering one online that ended up being too small, which I had to return. Well last Saturday afternoon, while Dave was working, I popped out on a quick shopping trip and found this little beauty.
True story: I had been using the same make-up bag for nearly two years, and it was time for a change, as it was ripped inside and out. I’ve already done the transfer and am loving my new bag. Let’s hope this one doesn’t have to stick around as long as the last one.
My favorite new healthy snack
I’m a snacker. A major snacker. One to two, to sometimes three snacks a day. And I like to try just about everything when it comes to healthy snacks. Throughout the years, I’ve had a lot of good bars and a lot of bad bars. Well, ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to one awesome bar …
For real, people, these Odwalla Berries Go Mega Bars are super delicious.
I had one of these every single day this week. There was a big basket of them available at the gym, and I helped myself to one every single morning. The texture is just soft enough, the flavors are sweet, and the bar is super filling. There are 210 calories, and it’s called a “superfood” bar because it’s chock full of real fruits, vitamins, Omega-3s and antioxidants. Outside of that, it’s incredibly tasty. I’m going to be buying myself some very soon.
My favorite new sparkly accessories
Okay, people. Rocksbox jewelry subscription service is on point. As you know, the lovely folks at Rocksbox gave me a couple of complimentary months to enjoy the shipments and share them with you. While I normally would have stopped at the first share, the jewelry just keeps getting better.
If you want to know more about Rocksbox, check out my original post. Of course, there’s still time for you to try it out with your first month free using the code aladygoeswestxoxo. Just visit Rocksbox to sign up. I’m thinking I’ll keep the bracelet and earrings from this delivery. But honestly, all three items are just so perfectly my style and taste.
My favorite links of the week
There were some good things going on around here on A Lady Goes West this week …
- Weekend and workouts — Painting, hiking, eating and my weekly workouts
- Pump it up — Les Mills BODYPUMP 93 class review
- My daily eats — Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Get outside — Why I think everyone should get out and hike
And that about does it for today!
I’ll be around Instagram over the weekend, so find me there, my friends. Have a great Friday and weekend!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What have you been loving lately?
GIVEAWAY REMINDER: To enter to win a free one-year membership to The Yoga Collective, please leave a comment about anything you want on this post below. For additional entries, like The Yoga Collective on Facebook, like A Lady Goes West on Facebook, or follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram, and leave a separate comment for each of those actions. This giveaway is open to anyone in the world and will close on Sunday night 4/26. Namaste!
*By the way, I received a couple of months of free service from Rocksbox and a free year of membership to The Yoga Collective. But all thoughts and opinions in this post are my own.