I’m teaming up with Ricola® Herb & Throat drops, as part of a campaign with Socialstars, to bring you this sponsored post all about my latest favorites.
Hello, Friday! We meet again! I hope your week has been going along just wonderfully. This morning, I’m teaching BODYATTACK and then digging in to start learning the newest Les Mills BODYATTACK 89 group fitness release that I will be debuting in my Monday class. This has been the latest I’ve ever waited to prepare before the official gym “launch,” so I’ve got a lot of work to do. Luckily, I still have some time before I have to debut the newest BODYPUMP 94, and I have a plan on how to best learn my choreography.
Tomorrow morning, instead of teaching at Orangetheory Fitness, I’m heading to a fitness blogger event in the City and guess who I get to bring as a guest? Dave! Other than that, we don’t have any fun plans for the weekend, because I’m a bit busy. I’m not only preparing for Monday’s group fitness launch, but I also have a lot to do before flying down to Los Angeles on Wednesday for IDEA BlogFest and IDEA World Fitness Convention. An action-packed couple of weeks ahead. So let’s get straight to the good stuff …
My latest “Friday Favorites” from the week
Because it’s Friday, it’s time to take a look at a few things that have been making me happy as of late. I like to throw all these unrelated items together in one post at the end of the week, because it just feels right.
My favorite energizing daily treat
As you may know from reading A Lady Goes West, I’m working as a brand ambassador for Ricola this year. Ricola is a great company that I can get behind, and I’m a huge fan of the products. These Ricola Revitalizing Herb Drops have been a life-saver for me as a little jolt of energy between teaching classes when there isn’t enough time to snack. I also like them just to give my mouth something to do instead of chewing gum. And they’re always with me when I travel or hit the gym. Dave is totally addicted to them and continues to take some from my stash to keep at his desk at work.
These refreshing drops have vitamins and minerals and natural herbs from the Swiss alps, all designed to give you a pep of energy, with a little effervescence in the center. It’s a fun thing for the mouth, because when you least expect it, the fizz erupts.
If you need a little pick-me-up with natural nutrients, then these babies are for you. And thanks for supporting the great companies that keep the lights on here at A Lady Goes West and put food in little Rudy’s bowl.
My favorite recent special delivery
I can’t even begin to explain my excitement for the contents of a special delivery I received late last week. One of my lovely and long-time blog readers, Audie, who is an amazing person, sent me the ultimate care package. Ladies and gentlemen, a huge haul from my favorite grocery store Publix …
Growing up in Florida, I always had a Publix around every corner, and I didn’t know what I had until I moved to the West Coast. Yes, living in the San Francisco Bay Area has tons of perks, but it does not have Publix.
Since receiving this package, I’ve been plowing through the fresh and organic trail mix, the flavorful granola bars, salsa, oats, dates and more. It will take a while to eat it all, and I’m trying to be generous to let Dave in on the action, but I tend to be stingy with my favorite food items. For those of you who live near a Publix — I hope you enjoy those “BOGO” sale bins and the fresh subs, because not all of us have access to that in our daily lives. No we don’t. Thank you, sweet Audie. You’re the best!
My favorite new hair supplies
I know, I know. I don’t talk much about “beauty” stuff on the ole’ blog, because it’s not my biggest interest. But when I find a product that makes me excited, that’s something to talk about. When I find two? Even better. I’ve been trying out a few lines that have been sent to me lately by one friendly PR company, and these two items are definitely worth sharing.
This shiny tub of luscious ReGenesis Detox Hair & Scalp Masque is super thick and creamy and one of those things you only need to use once- or twice-a-week. And this Wet Brush is gentle on my unruly mane, whether it’s fresh out of the shower or totally dirty.
The deep conditioner made my dirty hair feel like butter. The brush helps detangle the knots from the messy and sweaty bun that is constantly on the top of my head. Those are tough jobs. Yes, the conditioner is pricey at around $40 a pop, but the brush is reasonable at less than $10. Good stuff.
My favorite photo of the week
I mean, flowers and Rudy? Just needed to throw this one out there for you before I send you on your way to other things. I took this picture yesterday afternoon just as I was writing this post, so clearly it had to be added in for good measure.
Dave sent the beautiful flowers to me as a little surprise, and Rudy was totally scared of them. I couldn’t help but laugh. This was the closest he came to them after much coercion. What a cutie.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Holiday weekend fun — Fourth of July weekend and my weekly workouts
- A workout for home — A sweaty 25-minute total-core blast workout
- Travel and food — Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- Manners and etiquette — The art of having better table manners
Have a lovely weekend, my friends! I hope you enjoy some fitness, food and fun.
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
*Disclaimer: As part of a Socialstars campaign, this post in sponsored by Ricola. I’ve really enjoyed learning about this family-owned Swiss company, its rich history and the product line available throughout this campaign. So thanks Ricola. However, please know that all the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own, as they are during every single post. For more information on Ricola, you can visit Ricola on Facebook or on Twitter.
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s one thing you’re loving lately?