Hello friends, happy Friday to you! I hope your week has been going well. This week was another busy one for me, but I’m excited to say that this weekend should be nothing but fun and relaxation. After teaching BODYATTACK this morning and zipping up my suitcase, Dave and I are heading to the airport to fly down to San Diego to visit his parents at their new home (they’ve moved since we last went over Thanksgiving). And as I mentioned earlier in the week, we’re bringing our little Rudy with us too. He has a special pet travel case and will be joining us in the cabin on the short flight. Our vet told us to bring a tiny jar of chicken-flavored baby food to keep him busy, so that’s the plan. Let’s hope it goes okay.
It’s crazy to think that when Dave and I return to the Bay Area on Monday afternoon, it will already be the month of August. It seems like just yesterday that we moved out of the City to Walnut Creek, and now we’ve been in our new spot more than six months. How does time fly so quickly? But I digress, because on Fridays, I try to keep it short and get to the point …
My latest “Friday Favorites” for you
It’s time to take a look at a few unrelated items that have been making me happy lately, all wrapped up into one light and fluffy post. Nothing too serious here, friends, so sit back and enjoy.
My favorite healthy snack of the week
Okay, this stuff… I mean, this stuff is pretty cool. And what are the ingredients you ask? Nothing but all-natural fruit. These little bags of 100-percent freeze-dried fruit are all natural, no sugar added, gluten free, kosher and non-GMO, and they have the most delightful taste and texture.
These totally delicious and healthy dried Crispy Fruit by Crispy Green get my approval as a great packaged bite for when you’re on-the-go.
I’ve been eating all of the various flavors by adding them to the top of cottage cheese and putting them with almonds to create a little trail mix. Each bag has less than 50 calories and about a serving of real fruit. The folks at Crispy Green sent me two of each flavor, and I honestly can’t pick a favorite fruit. The real test? Dave liked them too, so that tells you that they are not some weird healthy food. If you want to try them for yourself, you can order online or find a retail location, and it looks like they are sold at many popular grocery stores.
My favorite sparkly delivery of the week
I’ve been getting Rocksbox jewelry deliveries for several months, and I continue to be happy with what I’m sent via this subscription service. This latest one was worth sharing, because it’s totally different from others. While most of my deliveries include a big statement necklace and bangle, this one included much more dainty and feminine pieces …
If you’ve not heard of Rocksbox before, it’s a way to borrow three pieces of jewelry for as long as you want, wear it as many times as you want and keep what you want, or send it all back for another delivery. You can add items to your favorites list or just let the Rocksbox stylists surprise you. And of course, thanks to the Rocksbox folks for giving me a few complimentary months, so that I could share what I get with you. If you want to sign up for a free month yourself, use the code aladygoeswestxoxo, and I’ll get a couple of pennies in my account to keep some of this stuff. Woohoo! Oh and to all my Rocksbox subscribers out there: Have you ever thrown away the return bag by a mistake? Totally did that my first time, and I notice that they now have a large label on it telling people not to throw it away. Whoops!
My favorite new workout clothes of the week
With the amount of classes I teach, I really can’t get enough workout clothes. Although my stuffed dresser drawers would beg to differ. Before I went to LA for IDEA BlogFest and IDEA World Fitness Convention a couple of weeks ago, I got a nice shipment from Fabletics (<—referral link!) to wear during the event, thanks to my role as a Fabletics Master. And I also got an outfit from prAna to wear as a speaker during the BlogFest “Lightning Round.”
On the left, I’m wearing the Rhodes Crop meshed capris paired with an older tank, both from Fabletics; on the bottom right, I’m wearing the Camacan Capri and top, both from Fabletics; and on the top right, I’m wearing the Ambrosia tank and a long version of the Prism pants, both from prAna. Everything fits right and moves extremely well.
Another cool thing from IDEA World Fitness Convention is that I stopped by the Fabletics booth at the expo hall and got to meet some of the nice people that I’ve only ever dealt with via email and phone. They were hosting a little challenge and let people write on a big wall, which is what I’m standing in front of in the photo on the left above. And by the way, I love the fact that workout clothes are so colorful these days. Gone are the days of plain black running shorts and old t-shirts. You know? I’ve already worn all of these outfits multiple times in the past couple of weeks since returning and love them all.
My favorite thing of every week
Because it’s been a few days since I shared some pictures of Rudy on the blog, and I know you’ve been eagerly awaiting more, here’s a little collage for you …
To be fair, I have had people ask for more pictures of him. So if you’re not a dog person and are totally turned off by all the dog talk as of late … well, I’m sorry. Rudy loves you anyways.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Weekend and fitness — A wonderful weekend and a big fitness giveaway
- Nutrition and health — Top nutrition tips straight from the experts
- Food pictures and chatter — Just a little chatter and some food pictures
- My BlogFest presentation — Write better blog posts with these seven steps
I hope your weekend is fabulous, my friends! I’ll be sharing my San Diego fun on Instagram until we meet again on Monday. Talk to you soon!
There’s still time to enter the Grokker workout giveaway
Do you want access to thousands of workouts, yoga classes and cooking demonstrations for a full year for free? Enter to win my giveaway for a year Grokker premium streaming service. This giveaway is open to all and ends Monday.
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
- Tasty stuff and a giveaway
*Please note: There are a few affiliate links in this post. Thanks for your support!
Questions of the day
What are you up to this weekend?
What’s something new you’ve been loving lately?
Have you ever traveled with your pet? How did it go?