Hello, friends! Well this week has been interesting so far. Apparently my credit card number was stolen. Thank goodness for our credit card company, who caught the unusual activity and contacted both Dave and me to investigate. Somehow our card was duplicated and someone was using a fake card to make large purchases at restaurants, gas stations and even toy stores. Oh the humanity. We don’t know how it happened, but “skimmers” are a real problem. Looks like we will make it out of this mess without having to pay any of the false charges, and of course, we’re getting new cards.
I don’t think that I’m naive, but (knock on wood) because this kind of bad stuff hasn’t happened to me all that often, I never worry about crimes and whatnot. Let my situation serve as a great reminder to check your bank account statements closely, fortify your passwords and keep an eye on your belongings. Not everybody is as honest and nice as we’d like to think.
There may be some foul people in the world, but there’s also nutritious and delicious food. To lighten up the mood, let’s talk about what I’ve been eating, in typical mid-week fashion.
It’s time for a little “What I Ate Wednesday” daily eating recap, in which I’m giving you a look at everything I ate and drank on a recent healthy day. Meal inspiration? Curiosity? Judgment? Whatever it is that you need to get from it, I find that these types of posts are some of my most popular, so please enjoy …
Last week, I shared my meals from a Sunday, and I’m doing a recap from a Sunday again, because there were some new additions worth picturing that day. Check out my breakfast and dinner, which are two of the highlights from this day.
Here’s the full report …
Breakfast at 8:30 a.m.
Quinoa for breakfast? Yes! This bowl consists of quinoa cooked in almond milk and cinnamon, with some chopped roasted almonds and a sliced-up banana on top. This was enjoyed alongside some green tea, sweetened with almond milk and stevia.
Lunch at noon
Smoothie time. One fabulous green smoothie consisting of one cup of almond milk, one cup of frozen spinach, one cup of frozen strawberries, half of a frozen banana, half a cup of frozen blueberries and a scoop of protein powder. Now THAT’s a nutritious beverage.
Workout beverages at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Hydration and recovery. On this day, I attended a Les Mills group fitness instructor practice session and was doing a lot of movement. I drank this coconut water during BODYATTACK practice and this protein shake after BODYPUMP practice.
Snack at 4:15 p.m.
Fruit and nuts. For a very long time, I ate an apple a day. Well I fell off that a couple of months ago and decided to get back on recently. This is a delicious fuji apple with a mixture of roasted and raw almonds. The perfect afternoon snack, which I’ve been having a lot lately.
Adult beverage at 6:30 p.m.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Fish and veggies. I can’t even begin to tell you how this picture does not do justice for this meal. Shown here is some salmon and a veggie combination of peppers and zucchini squash. Dave cooked all of this for us on the grill in no time, and I couldn’t believe how good it all was. This was his/our first time grilling salmon at home, and I was so pleased. I’m pretty sure having a grill has been the greatest change for us since moving out of downtown San Francisco.
Dessert at 9 p.m.
Frozen delight. I’m nearing the end of my dozen or so pints of Arctic Zero, and that’s very sad. But of course, I had a bowl on Sunday to round out the day, which was just what I needed. I must say that having Arctic Zero at home has deterred me from my usual gigantic pieces of cheesecake at least a few times, so that’s probably a good thing for my insides.
And that’s that! It was a good day of eating. The stand-outs were definitely the grilled-to-perfection salmon for dinner, as well as my brand-new attempt at quinoa for breakfast, which I’ve been perfecting all week by adding almond butter on top.
That’s it, folks. My workout for the day will be teaching BODYATTACK tonight, and some of the meals above will also be making an appearance. Have yourself a lovely Wednesday. And I hope you eat your veggies, drink a lot of water and get up and move around a bit.
More daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
Questions of the day
What did you or will you have for lunch today?
Have you ever had your credit card number stolen?
How’s the weather in your neck of the woods?