Can you believe it’s been three weeks since I last posted a “What I Ate Wednesday” style recap of my daily eats? Me neither. While I usually don’t skip this weekly feature, because of my trip to Maui, I had to pass on a couple of reports. Well, we’re back to it today.
How’s your week so far? Mine is going well. Things are business as usual over here with blogging, writing, teaching classes and whatnot. Not much else to report, so let’s get to the food …
This week’s “What I Ate Wednesday” recap
As a reminder, the point of these weekly food diary posts is nothing more than a chance to see real food in action, so I hope you enjoy them. But remember, what I eat works for me, and it may not work for you.
Today, I’m sharing everything that I ate on Sunday, and all of my meals were prepared and eaten at home. Here’s how it all went down …
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
I stood in front of the fridge for a very long time before deciding on this breakfast. I didn’t have anything prepped and was craving a smoothie, but couldn’t deal with my blender. Thus, cottage cheese and a sliced-up banana came to the rescue. I enjoyed it alongside hot green tea, sweetened with almond milk and stevia. Standard stuff.
Pre- and post-workout at 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m.
Dave and I went to the gym together for a one-hour weights session on Sunday, so before we headed off I had some Healthy Skoop all-natural beet energy for a little pick-me-up. And of course, once we got home, I refueled with this little Organic Muscle Milk.
Lunch at 1:30 p.m.
My mid-day meal called for a massive baked sweet potato served with two very runny eggs on a pretty plate. I believe this is all you need in the world for a delicious lunch, even if it doesn’t look all that fancy. I’ve been eating this for lunch most days of the week for a while now, and I can’t get enough.
Afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
After making these Honey and Nut No-Bake Pumpkin Energy Balls, of course I had to dig into them as a snack once they were ready to be eaten. I had a few of them alongside a delicious and thick juice, which you’ll hear more about from me next week.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
No big surprises with this dinner … whenever we are home for dinner on Sundays now, I always request salmon. Dave was the grill-master for this meal consisting of fish and asparagus. (Of course, I took care of the white wine, as I usually do.)
Dessert at 9 p.m.
I like to end every day of eating with something a little sweet, so a glass of vanilla almond milk and a few coconut-covered and almond-covered dates did the trick. Many of you have asked over-and-over again about these dates, and I buy them from Safeway in the produce aisle. Good stuff!
And those were my eats. On this particular day, there was quite a bit going on in the kitchen in our house. In addition to prepping my Honey and Nut No-Bake Pumpkin Energy Balls, I also made five containers of pumpkin overnight oats, so those have been serving as my breakfast each weekday. Dinners have included the usual turkey burgers, kale salad, chicken and rice, etc. And now we’re all caught up with food. See you tomorrow, my friends!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
- A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Every thing I ate yesterday in pictures
- BlogFest 2015 and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Why I refuel after a workout and my daily eats
- Random life updates and a look at my food
- Travel plans and everything I ate yesterday
- My daily eats and heading off on an adventure
- All of my meals from a healthy weekday
- Just a little chatting and some food pictures
- Plenty of colorful food on a healthy weekday
- Because we all like to look at pictures of food
- My mostly healthy meals on a weekend day
- It’s a “What I Ate Wednesday” kind of day
Questions of the day
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
How’s your week going?