So it’s Tuesday,which is normally an unexciting day. But this week, let’s declare it Treat Yourself Tuesday, and let’s make it a good one. Today, I’d like to share some fashionable duds that I received in the mail this weekend and talk about a few positive things, like ways to thank yourself for being you.
Treat yourself right on this fine Tuesday
Are you guilty of being too hard on yourself? Do you get mad at yourself for falling short of perfection? Well guess what, nobody is perfect. And you’ll never be able to put every little single thing in your life in order how you want it, no matter how much you try. But I bet you work pretty hard day-in and day-out at being a good employee, a good friend, a good family member or even a good significant other. Right? Well, maybe the one thing you can do better at is being good to the person who needs it most … YOU!
Yes, there are tons of ways to treat yourself with material things or fancy services, but sometimes the greatest gift you can give yourself is a little slack. Just like you, I’m always trying to be better at everything in life, and sometimes I think I may be my own biggest critic. Does that sound familiar to you too? What if every once in a while, we each just looked in the mirror and said, “Hi you. You know, you’re doing pretty good at life. So thanks.”
I think we could all use a little bit of this self-love. So today, on Treat Yourself Tuesday, sure, you could buy yourself that pumpkin spice latte you know you want (so “basic”), but you could also take a minute to give yourself a little pat on the back. Now that’s the stuff …
And with that, let’s look at some clothes, because even though I’m no fashion blogger, I sure do like to throw on a fun little number and wear it out on the town in “Everybody’s Favorite City” (that’s a nickname for San Francisco in case you didn’t know). Here we go …
What I got in my most recent LE TOTE
I was very glad to receive my third shipment of clothing and accessories from LE TOTE this weekend, and I ripped into it the second I brought it up to my apartment. If you’ve never heard of LE TOTE, I describe the clothing delivery service in LE TOTE clothing is the Netflix of fashion and share what I received in my second delivery in Blogging is funny and more LE TOTE clothing. LE TOTE is different from other clothing delivery services out there, because once you wear the items, you can send them back or purchase them, which is a huge benefit for an urban gal like me, who doesn’t have a ton of space for buying extra clothes, yet I like to wear new things. You can see the brands of popular designers available and choose what you want to be sent to you in the future on the LE TOTE site.
Here are the wonderful items I received in my latest tote …
Shown from left to right: Maison Scotch Edith Dress with Noir Luxe Chloe Antique Necklace, Jack Allesondra Grommet Top with Trading Trunk Celestial Cuff Bracelet and Noir Virginia Nautical Blouse with Trading Trunk Monarch Earrings.
Super cute stuff, and the dress is by far my favorite, but I’m also loving the chunky black earrings. I’ll be sporting these pieces around the City over the next couple of weeks, then I’ll pack them in the pre-paid bag and send them back to wait for more clothing to arrive. No space taken up permanently in my busting-at-the-seams closet, but the chance to wear new-to-me stuff. What fun!
And as a reminder on the whole process, let’s take a look back at this tutorial …
How does LE TOTE work?
For only $49 a month, you can get an unlimited number of “totes” sent to you filled with five items, which are hand-selected for you by a personal stylist based on your preferences. It works like this:
- You sign up for LE TOTE.
- You answer a brief questionnaire about your sizes and style, to make your style profile.
- You go through the LE TOTE catalog of clothing and select items you’d like to receive, which you put in “My Closet.” These are the actual items that the personal stylist at LE TOTE will select from to fill your bag.
- You wait for your first tote to arrive. Mine took less than a week from the time I filled out my profile, because it’s two-day shipping both ways.
- Once your tote arrives, you wear and enjoy the clothing, go online and provide feedback on all the items.
- After you’ve worn everything once or twice, or however many times you’d like, you send it all back in a pre-paid envelope, provided to you by LE TOTE.
- If you really like something and want to keep it, you keep it. LE TOTE will charge you for it, and you’ll pay less than retail for it. You can also keep the whole tote if you want, which gives you the biggest bang for your buck.
- You can repeat this process as often as you’d like. Picking out new items, updating your preferences and enjoying your totes. You can cancel at any time, as the service goes month-to-month.
It’s that easy to get well-known branded clothing sent right to your home. And as you can see, it’s really good stuff.
Here’s a look at the items I received all laid out, so you can enjoy them without me attempting to model. Instead of the usual five items, I received six this time, which hasn’t happened before. I’m guessing it’s because of the extra earrings.
Shown from top left to right: Noir Virginia Nautical Blouse, Maison Scotch Edith Dress, Jack Allesondra Grommet Top, Noir Luxe Chloe Antique Necklace, Trading Trunk Celestial Cuff Bracelet and Trading Trunk Monarch Earrings.
All of the pieces are very tasteful, yet also trendy. Nice work, LE TOTE stylists. Dave and I are going to see a Cirque du Soleil show on Thursday night, so I’m definitely wearing the dress and necklace for that.
Sign up for LE TOTE and get 20 percent off
If you like the sound of LE TOTE and feel like you DO need a material treat for yourself today, head over to the site to look around and sign up today! <<affiliate link!! If you sign up using this link, I’ll get a little referral credit, which this little blog truly appreciates!>> And even better, you can use this special promo code for 20 percent off your first month: ALADYGOESWEST20. By the way, you can buy a LE TOTE gift card on the site too, which may be a good gift for someone who is hard to shop for.
* Disclaimer: While I was not compensated for this post, LE TOTE has kindly given me a few months of service complimentary, so that I can try it out and share it with you. The opinions and words are completely my own and are not shaded by the free service. Also, there are affiliate links in this post, and if you use them, I will benefit. So thanks for that.
Today, I’m linking up with Becky for “Treat Yourself Tuesday.” So go do something kind for that very important person you see when you look in the mirror. You deserve it!
Questions of the day
How do you like to treat yourself? What’s one thing you’re planning to do for yourself this week? What’s your favorite piece from what I received this time?