Happy Wednesday. No, I lie. It’s not a happy Wednesday. Today, I have to get on a plane and fly back to the Bay Area after a few days at home in Florida. I just hate saying goodbye to my family and friends, and it doesn’t get any easier no matter how long I’ve lived in California.
But today, let’s talk about food. I’ve had some delicious meals and desserts every single day since I arrived in Florida. My Mom did some excellent cooking, I had fabulous eats at a few wedding-related celebrations I was involved in, and I hit up Publix (my long-lost favorite grocery store, which Dave and I miss so much on the West Coast) for subs and sushi two times. Yet today, we narrow it down to a full day of food in photos from yesterday. Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, let’s get to “What I Ate Wednesday.”
What I Ate Wednesday
This is a regular feature on A Lady Goes West, and these are my actual meals from a full day, unfiltered. It’s not always pretty, but it’s always real …
This recap features everything I ate yesterday, a Tuesday, which was a rest day featuring no working out at all.
Breakfast at 9 a.m.
Snack at noon
A roll-up win: I can’t say enough about this snack. Dave and I were picking up lunch at Publix, and the lovely people at the deli gave us some samples before they prepared our food. We had a roll-and-a-half each of this mixture of Boar’s Head London Port Roast Beef and Boar’s Head Horseradish Cheddar. Do yourself a favor and get this combination. I mean — I die. It was phenomenal.
Lunch at 2 p.m.
Picnic lunch: Another meal from Publix! I had a spicy salmon roll, a seaweed salad and a Pellegrino, which I enjoyed at a picnic table outside with my Mom and Dave as a last-minute lunch plan. Our day was supposed to include a more fabulous lunch, but life happens, and we did what we could.
Snack at 5:30 p.m.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Family dinner perfection: Grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli, veggie lasagna and a couple glasses of cold Chardonnay. A delicious dinner enjoyed at the table with my family. And the lovely place-setting? You can thank my Momma for that, she always pulls out the best stuff for our visits!
Dessert at 9 p.m.
Those were my eats! I ate something along those lines all of the days that I’ve been here in Florida, so my belly has stayed full and happy. There we go, people!
Today, I’m soaking up the last few minutes of my time in Florida and flying out this evening to be back in business in the Bay Area tomorrow, with two classes on the agenda to teach. Have a great day, my friends!
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
Questions of the day
When was the last time you had cake?
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
What did you have for breakfast today?