Hello friends, and a very happy Tuesday going out to you. Some of you are probably slowly crawling back to the office after a three-day weekend break. And me? I’m still in Florida visiting my family and considering not showing up for my return flight back to California tomorrow. It’s just never enough time here — never enough time. Although it’s been short, it’s been nice to take a breather from teaching classes, working out and my regular busy routine. In fact, yesterday I slept past nine and only changed from pajamas, to a bathing suit, back to pajamas, because I so needed the rest after all of the wedding-related fun I’ve been enjoying over the past few days. Good stuff!
A very special three-year wedding anniversary
Today, May 26, is a very special day to me and my family. You see, exactly three years ago, something big took place for all of us …
I married one special and amazing man, who I am proud to call my husband and best friend. It’s been quite the adventure since the day we tied the knot. A couple of months after saying “I do,” we packed up our lives and moved to San Francisco from Orlando, and that’s how this Lady officially went west.
Last year, I wrote all about the details of our big day, as well as shared a little tribute post to Dave. Check out “Two-year wedding anniversary” for more wedding pictures, and here’s just a snippet of what I said about why I love him, because it still rings true …
- He is thoughtful beyond measure. He not only gets me little presents just when I need them, but he knows what to expect from me and does just the right thing all the time.
- He is a true gentleman. He gets every door for me, he carries my things (well, not my purse, and the few times I’ve asked him to hold it, he grabs it by the mid-section, because like most guys, he would never dare touch the strap hehehe), and he always watches out for me, even in the most mundane situations.
- He gets me, and he loves me in spite of it. Do you ever feel like you’re just a little bit strange? Well, I do. Throughout my career changes, blogging, obsession with keeping things neat and tidy and many other things, Dave has always handled me like a champ. He has never made me feel anything other than loved.
- He is pretty darn handsome. Not only does he have some gorgeous bright blue eyes, but he backs up that pretty face with a good heart.
- He’s my rock. I say that with a straight face, but then I laugh, because that’s so cliche. But he is. I can get stressed or worry about the littlest things, and guess who brings me back down to Earth? He has a level-head, he is real and he is my counter-balance.
- He works incredibly hard. Dave grew up working through high school, he played soccer in college and started a good career as soon as he finished grad school. His work ethic is something I truly admire. I see him work so hard at his job, and I’m so impressed and proud of where he is because of that effort.
- He has my full respect. Respect is a word I don’t throw around lightly. Dave is someone who I can trust beyond measure, and I stand behind everything he does. It’s such a wonderful feeling to have that confidence in the man I call my husband.
- He’s game. Dave is laid back and always ready for a good time. He’s the perfect person to have with me on this Going West adventure.
So to Dave, Mr. A Lady Goes West, thank you for loving me — happy three years!
For those of you out there who have a significant other, I encourage you to tell them what you love about them today, because it’s something we should all remember to do more often.
One more day of sunny Florida fun
Dave and I have been in Florida since Thursday night and have been part of a whirlwind of wedding activities for one of my very dear friends, which concluded on Sunday night. I will be sharing all of those photos soon, but right now, I’m off to enjoy my last full day in the Sunshine State, celebrating my anniversary with Dave and my family.
Have a good one! I’ll see you back here tomorrow with a post about food.
Questions of the day
Are you married? If so, for how many years?
How was your long weekend?
What’s something fun you’ve done lately?