Hello, my friends! Here we are in the middle of the week. This time last week, I was about to make a failed attempt to fly out of Florida, only to return back to my parents’ house and fly out the next morning. But this week, I’m waking up in the Bay Area well into my usual routine of work.
And to take things back even further, this time last year, Dave and I were on our fabulous adventure in Cabo. But this year, it’s NBA Playoffs time for the Golden State Warriors, and we’re staying put to ride it through to the end, and as you can imagine the excitement is high. Go Dubs!
Believe it or not, I don’t have a lot to ramble on about today, so let’s get straight to the talk about food …
What I Ate Wednesday
Every single week, I feature one of these “What I Ate Wednesday” posts on A Lady Goes West to give you a glimpse into what a full day of mostly healthy meals look like for me. Some days are better than others, so I try to share a mix of weekday and weekend eating.
This is a recap of everything I ate on Sunday, which was a pretty lazy day at home with no official workouts. Without any workouts, I don’t have the need for a protein shake, and at times, I’m a little less hungry overall. Here’s how it all went down …
Breakfast at 9:30 a.m.
A late and green start: Not my usual breakfast, but I woke up craving some greens. I had a mug of hot green tea, sweetened with vanilla soy milk and stevia, alongside a green smoothie bowl. This smoothie bowl consisted of frozen spinach, frozen blueberries, half of a frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, cashew milk and some veggie powder, with a few hemp seeds sprinkled on top.
Lunch at 2 p.m.
Easy and tasty: Sometimes lunch-time rolls around and you don’t want to put forth a lot of effort. That’s why this baked sweet potato covered in a massive amount of almond butter and a pulpy can of coconut water had to suffice. This was filling and quite enjoyable, and as usual, I ate it while working on the computer.
Snack at 5 p.m.
Snack time: I got a nice little care package from the folks at CLIF recently, and these Kit’s Organic bars are the best. This one has a bit of a kick with that “chili almond” flavoring — the perfect little nibble to hold me over until dinner. I could definitely eat these bars every single day, because they are sweet enough to be a dessert, yet consist of healthy and clean ingredients.
Dinner at 8 p.m.
Grilled up right: What did Dave and I do before we moved out of the city and got a grill? I guess we made it work, but I’m glad we don’t have to live without a grill in our lives these days, because we use it at least two-to-three times-a-week. Sunday night’s dinner included a grilled turkey burger, topped with cheese and served on a whole-wheat bun with a sliced tomato. In addition to that, we also had a lemon-flavored kale salad and some seaweed salad (well let’s be honest, Dave did not have any seaweed salad). And to close out a nice weekend, my beverage of choice was a glass of cold white wine. Good stuff.
Dessert at 9 p.m.
A sweet bite: Healthy dessert time! Two coconut-covered dates and two caramel-almond-covered dates, served with a cup of vanilla soy milk. This is a frequent occurrence in our house, and many times I even top the dates with coconut butter or other flavored spreads.
That’s that for my full day of eats! I missed my usual mid-morning snack, but got a lot of nutrients in during the rest of my meals throughout the day.
Read more daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
- Food pictures from a light and healthy day
- Life lately and a look at all of my meals
- What’s normal to you? (And my daily eats)
- A bit of chatter and “What I Ate Wednesday”
- How you eat beets and a look at a day of food
- What I ate yesterday in the Sunshine State
Questions of the day
What’s the best thing that you’ve eaten lately?
Do you have any summer trips planned?
What were you doing this time last year?