Hi, friends! It’s mid-year check-in time! I don’t know how it possibly happened so quickly, but we’re already a few days into the six month of the year. Quite a bit has happened this year. So today, I’m taking a look at the highlights thus far in my life and on A Lady Goes West in 2015, as well as looking back at how I’m tracking on those goals I set at the beginning of the year.
And of course, one of the many reasons I love blogging is because it serves as a lasting documentation of my life and happenings. Without this blog, I wouldn’t have a lot of great opportunities that I have enjoyed over the past year or so, nor would I have the pictures and stories to look back on whenever I want. So here we go …
A Lady Goes West mid-year check-in for 2015
Blog highlights in the first half of 2015
- Wrote 110 posts between January 1 and today, June 4, posting every single weekday on Monday through Friday.
- Worked on some great fitness campaigns with ASICS, Actio926 and PUMA.
- Debuted a new blog logo, new email delivery system, new business cards and new headshots, as well as built out a quickly expanding Press page.
- Collaborated with brands including Blue Apron, Centrum, SunSweet, Evolution Fresh, Wendy’s, belVita, Adaptogen, HostGator, UnitedHealthcare, Coco Libre, Gigabody, MealEnders, Phenoh 7.4, Tom’s of Maine, CanvasPop, Ricola, Naked Juice, Les Mills and many more.
- Shared my story on “How I turned my blog into a business.”
- Became a Naked Juice ambassador.
- Became a Ricola ambassador.
- Tried both Stitch Fix and Rocksbox fashion subscription services and talked about my experiences. (I continue to enjoy my Rocksbox jewels and you can too if you sign up for your first free month using aladygoeswestxoxo as your code!)
- Changed things up to talk about popular grammar mistakes people make, which I absolutely loved writing. (And yes, a follow-up to this post is on the way for you fellow word-nerds out there.)
- Wrote and helped promote a few freelance pieces for the Wine Sisterhood blog.
- Created this super fun “Get-to-know-me-better survey,” which quite a few other bloggers filled out on their own blogs too.
- Shared my daily eats every single Wednesday, my recent favorites every single Friday and my weekly workout recap every single Monday, with randomly selected thoughts and content in between.
Life highlights in the first half of 2015
- Packed up our tiny city apartment in Nob Hill and moved to the East Bay, just outside of San Francisco in February. (This was huge deal and a change that I’m really enjoying.)
- Got situated in our new house, purchased new furniture, I got a car and we held a housewarming party with all of our friends.
- Went to a Guster concert at The Fillmore in the City, went to a country concert at Levi’s Stadium, were invited to enjoy two VIP wine tasting experiences in Napa, attended a fun fashion event and did a wine and canvas painting night in Walnut Creek and more.
- Traveled to Key West for a dear friend’s bachelorette party in March and had an awesome time.
- Bought bikes, went on some picnics, explored our new neighborhood and were welcomed into a new group of friends who live nearby us for some frequent casual house-party gatherings.
- Marked three years of marriage!
- Visited Florida to be a bridesmaid in a dear friend’s wedding in May and got plenty of sunshine and time with my wonderful family.
Fitness highlights in the first half of 2015
- Tried a week of CorePower yoga and enjoyed sweating in downward dog with weights for the first time.
- Designed and shared a few workouts, a post on how to foam roll and fitness tips.
- Went to a yoga conference, tried a CORE40 class taught by a friend from Florida and gave VINT fitness a try for a month.
- Began teaching Les Mills group fitness classes at some big and new 24 Hour Fitness gyms in the East Bay. (Even though I was sad to leave my gyms in downtown San Francisco, I’m loving the energy of the folks in my current classes.)
- Was invited to become a Fabletics Master and announced it here on the blog.
- Learned some nutrition training tips at a Team LUNA Chix Summit.
- Became an Orangetheory Fitness coach at a brand new Orangetheory Fitness in Walnut Creek and starting teaching about 10 classes a week.
- Attended the amazing Les Mills Super Q event in the Bay Area and took six group fitness classes in one day alongside some fellow instructors and a blog reader.
- Learned, launched and reviewed BODYPUMP 92, BODYPUMP 93, BODYATTACK 87 and BODYATTACK 88 group fitness classes.
- Started teaching a weekly freestyle core class, which I program myself.
- Continued to strive for six workouts-a-week, one session of yoga and a full rest day, all of which I document each Monday in my “weekly workout” recaps.
That covers the big stuff. I’d say it’s been a good year so far, with a lot more in store for the second half. And now for a look at my goals from 2015 …
My mid-year goals check-in for 2015
Goal 1: Food. Add more variety. Create, cook or try out at least one new recipe a month.
I’m doing pretty good on this one, with the help of Dave. We’ve definitely improved our variety for dinners now that we have a bigger kitchen and a grill in our new place.
Goal 2: Work. Fitness diversification. Learn to teach a new group fitness program or add another fitness certification.
Done! I attended a training boot camp, auditioned and was selected to join Orangetheory Fitness as a coach, which has been a great learning experience.
Goal 3: My own fitness and well-being. Become more flexible and do yoga at least once-a-week.
On it! I think I have only missed one week of yoga so far this year. Although I haven’t been attending full yoga classes, I have been doing short sessions at home a couple of times-a-week. It feels great, and believe it or not, I look forward to doing it.
Goal 4: Patience and kindness. Go easier on myself and on everyone around me by being more patient and empathetic in all situations.
Well, this has not been very easy for me. While I’m doing a good job at going easier on others, not so much for myself. Every single day I know there are things I could do better or differently, but as everyone else, I’m a work in progress!
Things are on track, but there’s always more to do, and I’m ready to see what’s next for the rest of this year.
I’m linking up with Amanda today, to share my thoughts on 2015 and how things have been going. And I’d love to hear from you too in the comments below. Have a wonderful Thursday, people! See you back here tomorrow for “Friday Favorites.”
Questions of the day
What’s one highlight from your first half of 2015?
What’s something you’re looking forward to in the second half of 2015?
What’s one goal that you’ve been working on this year?