Happy Friday, folks! I’m so looking forward to the weekend. This week seemed particularly long to me and maybe that’s because I kept wishing I was still in Florida with my family for an extended Memorial Day.
This morning, I’m teaching a BODYATTACK class, doing some work and hanging out with Dave in the evening. Tomorrow morning, I’m teaching two classes at Orangetheory Fitness, and we don’t have much on the agenda after that, but I’m sure we’ll go out to dinner for our usual Saturday night outing. On Sunday, I’m excited to be attending an NBA Finals game to watch the Golden State Warriors play at home. Of course, Dave will be there as well, but he’ll be wearing a suit and working, and I’ll be wearing a bright yellow t-shirt and sitting in the nose-bleed seats with a friend. Can’t wait!
This week’s Friday Favorites
But now, it’s time for my recent favorites, and there’s a giveaway in here, so don’t miss it!
My favorite new bag and jacket
Leave it to Dave to give me the best gifts. I’m styling and profiling in my new jacket and bag, which he gave to me last week as a late anniversary gift. Yes, it’s branded gear!
First of all, I was in need of a new gym bag and always need new hoodies to wear to the gym and out-and-about, and he chose well with the style and the added logo. I don’t always talk about the fact that I have a blog to my class members and people at the gym (although they seem to find out on their own quite frequently!), so it’s kind of nice to show it off on my sleeve and bag from here on out. Love it all so much!
My favorite new sports bra and a giveaway
This week, I had the lovely opportunity to visit a Title Line retail location in downtown Walnut Creek and get introduced to the store, its products, as well as get fitted for and take home a shiny new sports bra. Title Nine is a women’s activewear company, which has been around for about 25 years, and the name was inspired by the federal law in the U.S., which gives women equal access to sports in schools (among other things).
I hadn’t heard of the company before and loved perusing the colorful items for sale, as well as chatting with the nice associates, one of whom was called a “Bravangelist” for her work helping women find the perfect fitting sports bra for their lifestyles. Title Nine not only sells its own “beautility” (cool word combining beauty and utility, right?) apparel, but also branded apparel from companies they admire, like Prana, Moving Comfort and more.
Shown above is the “barbell” rating, which Title Nine gives its bras based on their support-level. And my sports bra selection, this Form First bra by Moving Comfort, in red and black with an adjustable back. Those colors? Why they are BODYPUMP colors of course!
The bra experts at Title Nine want to help more women find the perfect fitting bra, and they are hosting “FitFest” events at their 23 retail locations across the U.S.. You can head to the website to find out if there is a FitFest near you. I think this is a great concept, because after getting fitted for my sports bra, I learned that you should always buy bras on the tighter side, because sports bras and regular bras will always stretch out a bit. Who knew? Oh and can you believe that apparently 80 percent of women are currently wearing the wrong size sports bra? The humanity!
The lovely ladies at Title Nine have offered a free sports bra and personalized fitting to one A Lady Goes West reader. If you live within driving distance of a Title Nine retail location, you’ll be able to head into one for a bra-fitting appointment. If you don’t live near one, you can order a free bra of your choice over the phone. This is open to people in the U.S. only. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post (and there are ways for additional entries as well, detailed below). I will choose a winner on Monday night. And fellas, you can enter too, if you’d like to pass along your spoils to a lady in your life.
My favorite new food product
Switching gears from fashion to food — More veggies in every smoothie without overfilling my NutriBullet? Yes, please. I was very intrigued when the folks at PINES International, reached out to me about trying their products, which are powders and tablets containing nutritious vitamins and minerals found in vegetables. They sent me a little bottle of PINES Wheat Grass to get started, which I’ve added to my smoothies all week. Just one little teaspoon of this powder contains the same amount of nutrients as a helping of deep-green, rich leafy vegetables in just 10 calories. While I haven’t tried the powder alone in water, I can tell you that it barely adds a taste to smoothies, so it’s like sneaking in extra nutrients.
Here’s a look at the PINES Wheat Grass Powder and a recent green smoothie bowl I added it to for breakfast. Don’t be scared of the green!
I love the company’s motto — “Keep it Simple. Keep it Clean. Keep it Green.,” and I also like that PINES is so focused on helping people be healthy with cost-efficient products. All of the powders are gluten free, raw, non-GMO, USDA certified organic and sealed with the oxygen removed to give them a long shelf-life, and one 3.5 ounce bottle goes for less than $15 for nearly 30 servings.
I’d say the best part about using a wheat grass powder is that you can bring it with you when traveling to get in some extra greens on-the-go by adding it to your water, smoothies or food. If you’re interested, you can buy PINES products at thousands of health food stores across the U.S. and in 20 other countries — just find a retail location near you by visiting this store locator. Thanks PINES for introducing me to wheat grass.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Fitness and fun — Work, play, eats and my weekly fitness recap
- Fitness and fashion — Why you should be doing this dynamic warm-up
- Food pictures — A full day of lazy eating from the weekend
- Milestones — A mid-year blog and goals check-in for 2015 (My personal fave!)
And a special thanks to the Healthy Living Blog Community for featuring my post “How I turned my blog into a business” as part of its “Blog Tip Thursday.”
Enter the Title Nine sports bra giveaway!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below and leave a SEPARATE comment for each thing you do as an entry. As a reminder, the fours ways to enter are …
- Tell me one thing that has been making you happy lately in a comment.
- Like A Lady Goes West on Facebook and leave a comment saying you did so.
- Like Title Nine on Facebook and leave a comment saying you did so.
- Follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram and leave a comment saying you did so.
And if you’re not sure how to leave a comment on a post, all you have to click on the title of this post to bring up the full page with all of the comments showing, or click on the very small section of text at the bottom of this post that says “Comments.”
I will randomly select a winner on Monday night. Good luck! Now go off and have a lovely Friday and weekend!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
Questions of the day
What’s something that has been making you happy lately?
What are you up to this weekend?