Hi, my friends! How was your week? Ours was good, made even better by seeing the first woman vice president ever to be sworn in in America. It was and is momentous, and I am HERE for it!
Today, I’ve got some news, a fun fitness giveaway, some faves and more. And here are the two big things I have to report: We found a house. And my Momma arrived here last night.
To be extra safe, we haven’t been around any other people since we landed in Charlotte two-and-a-half weeks ago (outside of our realtor, who we always wore masks with), so we’re comfortable with my mom visiting us. I haven’t seen her in a year, so it’s long overdue. And we’re so excited to hang out together for a week or so. Fun fact: My mom went to Queens College (now Queens University) in Charlotte, so she’s spent a lot of time in the area many years ago, even going to Freedom Park, pictured below.
A few other things about this week: Dave started his job (virtually), and I got back to teaching my twice weekly live classes on Motus, which was good for my soul. We had inspections on our new home, and we plan to move in on February 12 if everything works out. Yay for these great developments, because after a stream of rough events in the end of 2020, 2021 is starting to look good. Now, let’s get to the faves …
A FITNESS GIVEAWAY
Win a 6-month subscription to Fit Revolution
My friends, I’m so pumped to offer this giveaway to you! As you know, I’m one of the instructors on Fit Revolution, a new fitness and wellness app/platform where you can find on-demand workouts with influencers (and much more). I’ve filmed 14 workouts for Fit Revolution already, with more on the way. And you can read all about Fit Revolution in this post, or head over to check out the site today.
Today, I’m giving away ONE 6-month subscription to the Fit Revolution app. In order to enter, you need to leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favorite way to work out at home. This giveaway is open to those in the U.S. and Canada and will close Wednesday, January 27.
And if you’re ready to get into some amazing on demand workouts from me and others right away, you can get a FREE 14-day trial and 33 percent off your first month, using the code ASHLEYPITT3PC1 at sign-up. Head here to get moving with me.
Lots of delicious take-out lunches
You guys know I primarily like to make and eat all of my meals at home, except for a couple take-out meals a week. However, we’ve been eating a lot of take-out the last few weeks with packing, moving, traveling and living in an AirBnB, and I’m not complaining about it. I’ve really enjoyed trying new-to-me restaurants in Charlotte for healthy and tasty lunches, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the offerings. We’ve found a few worth sharing and repeating, some of which are chains that reach outside of Charlotte.
I loved this warm harvest bowl from Chopt Salad with sweet potato, kale, Brussels, falafel, pumpkin seeds and avocado. I also had a “make your own” salad from Chopt on a separate occasion that was delightfully chopped. Why are chopped salads so much more fun to eat than non-chopped? …
And this warm bowl from Mahana Fresh was something I could easily recreate at home and should with well-flavored sweet potatoes, Brussels, sticky coconut rice and tofu with ginger sauce. So good …
This roasted white sweet potato and kale salad from Cava had a major kick, but I really enjoyed it, especially because of the crispy pita strips on top …
This local restaurant, Yafo Kitchen, was recommended to me, and it is definitely one we’ll return to. This falafel, avocado, sweet potato, chickpeas, cucumber, beets, hummus and greens bowl was so filling too …
I’m back to making most of my meals at home during the week, but I look forward to trying more restaurants soon. By the way, we’re still doing take-out for the time being, even though you can technically eat in restaurants in Charlotte right now — such a change from California, where you couldn’t even eat outdoors at restaurants at the time we left.
Here’s a look at my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 20-minute run, 11 a.m.
- Tuesday: 30-minute lower-body weights workout, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 20-minute run, 11 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre class, 3 p.m.
- Friday: 30-minute BODYPUMP, 3 p.m.
- Saturday: 30-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Sunday: Rest day
This past week of workouts was still lighter than my normal week, but I was happy to be reunited with some equipment after our stuff arrived across the country. I picked up weights two times, did three cardio sessions and taught a class. I hope to get back to more frequent resistance training sessions during the upcoming week, but all good here — I’m just doing what I can with a less-than-ideal workout space currently in the AirBnB.
A Lady Goes West recommended favorite products
I only share what I use and love in my own life, and here are some of the brands I swear by. And when you use my discount codes and links, you support me, so thanks for that …
- Fit Revolution. Get a 14-day trial and 33 percent off your first month of this amazing workout platform (where you can take my classes on demand) with the code ASHLEYPITT3PC1.
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and minimal-ingredient protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order on the site using the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 20 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
A few things from around the web
- Vitamins and minerals master list. This is an amazing master list on what vitamins and minerals are, why we need them, how to get them and the symptoms of deficiency in each.
- Brain health. These super-quick tips for brain health are essential to us all. Are you doing them?
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Activewear. I get so many questions about the pieces I’m wearing, so this post seemed to be a good one to write … “The best pieces from Carbon38 and a Carbon38 discount code.”
- Fertility. Because it’s always important to revisit this topic … “How I protect my fertility and hormones (life after recovering from hypothalamic amenorrhea part 2).”
Thank you for clicking over to read A Lady Goes West today. I appreciate you. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway! 🙂 xoxo
Questions of the day
How was your week?
What are you up to this weekend?
In order to be entered to win the 6-month subscription to Fit Revolution, please answer this question: What is your FAVORITE type of workout to do at home?