Current faves: Quarantine week 36, a sale, activewear, exploring and workouts
Hi, friends! How was your week? Mine was pretty good and quite busy.
Other than the usual stuff, we finished watching “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix, which was super interesting. And we just started “Ted Lasso” on Apple+ TV, which is hilarious. Dave and I always watch one episode of a show each night after dinner, and it is totally our relaxation time to check out and turn off the phones. I look forward to it! What are you watching these days?
Moving on: Have you tried any of my workouts on Fit Revolution yet? I hope so! I’m filming a couple more this weekend, so that we can release a new one every single week, and I’m very much open to requests, so let me know what you’d like to see. This link gets you a 7-day free trial, and you can access workouts from all the other amazing instructors on the platform too. You can search around the site before you start your trial, but make sure you start your trial with this one, so I can get credit for you!
We don’t have a lot going on this weekend. And for Thanksgiving, we’re keeping it really small too. Dave’s sister, Gwena, and her boyfriend, James, are joining us. A different and quiet holiday this year, but it will still be nice. And, of course, Whole Foods pre-made meal order for the win!
Speaking of grocery stores, I swung by Trader Joe’s this week, and here’s what was in my cart. This is not my everyday shopping, just some extras that you can only get at TJ’s …
Alright, let’s talk faves …
It’s the Beautycounter Black Friday sale!
You know what’s awesome? Some of the messages I’ve received from people lately about how much their skin has improved from using Beautycounter products. It brings me so much joy! If you want to try Beautycounter, I’d love to help you out. And now’s a great time to get started with our biggest sale of the year!
The sale is 15 percent off items on the site, (including the holiday sets, but excluding regimens/collections), and you get free shipping on orders of more than $50. It’s the perfect time to stock up on things for yourself or gifts for others too.
GIVEAWAY: Everyone who places a Beautycounter order with me (by shopping through my links and choosing me as your consultant at check-out) will be entered to win a holiday gift set from me.
Here are some of my favorites, which work well for most people and are all 15 percent off right now:
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: A treatment for most skin-types that exfoliates, freshens and improves skin. You use it three times a week at night. A must for dull or aging skin. It’s like magic.
- All Bright Vitamin C serum: A treatment for most skin-types that brightens skin and improves skin discolorations. You use it three times a week during the day. This also protects your skin and smells amazing.
- Brightening Facial Oil: I had no idea how amazing facial oils were until I started using Beautycounter’s oils. This oil moisturizes and brightens skin tone. You can use it day or night and even mix it in with your moisturizer.
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar: This bar gets your face squeaky clean, and I use it each night to remove my makeup.
- Countertime Soft Cream: A super luxurious face cream to use during the day, which helps with fine lines and provides environmental protection too.
- Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation: The best foundation I’ve ever used, which also provides skincare benefits and medium layer-able coverage.
- Beyond Gloss: Because you can never have too much lipgloss.
- Gift sets: All the holiday sets! Love them all!
You can shop directly through the links above to be entered into my giveaway! Thank you for your support!
All-red Cloud Compression workout wear
If you haven’t noticed yet, I can’t stop ordering from Carbon38. This is my latest outfit, which I wore this past weekend to film some new workout videos for Fit Revolution. And this may be my favorite fabric ever. It fits snug, but in a good way and is buttery soft.
- Here’s the top. I’m wearing a small.
- Here are the leggings. I’m wearing a medium.
- Here’s the bra. I’m wearing a small.
I highly recommend this comfy and form-fitting Cloud Compression line. And my code, ASHLEYPITT, gets you 15 percent off on the Carbon38 site.
Finding new hiking areas
We had literally NEVER been on a family hike until quarantine. Now, we do maybe one or more a week. Silver linings, my friends! Everything is still pretty dry in the Bay Area, but it’s always nice to get up in the quiet area and look at the views. These are some shots from a hike last weekend at Briones Park in Lafayette. We each did a jump-shot … 🙂
Here are my workouts from last week …
- Monday: 45-minute full-body weights, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 40-minute BODYPUMP, 5 p.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 15-minute CXWORX, 6 p.m
- Friday: 45-minute full-body weights, 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 25-minute barre and 15-minute arms, 11 a.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 10-minute yoga, 6 p.m.
This past week was a good one of workouts, and I did three 45-minute long full-body resistance sessions, which is amazing, because I usually do 30 minutes. I also taught two classes, filmed some new workouts for Fit Revolution and had a very light day with nothing but some yoga/stretching. I’m feeling good in the workout department.
A few A Lady Goes West recommended products
You guys know I only share what I love, so here are some of the brands I recommend …
- Fit Revolution. Get a 7-day trial to this amazing workout platform and take my classes.
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and clean protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder, the RED powder and the GOLD powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 10 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order on the Four Sigmatic site using the code ALADYGOESWEST.
A few things from around the web
- Positive habits that lead to change. This was such a great podcast episode to listen to. It’s the “Be Well By Kelly” show, and she interviewed lifestyle guru James Clear. I had heard great things about him before, and he talks about making positive changes in your life through small doable steps that result in lasting change. It was so helpful, and I highly recommend it, if you have an hour to spare.
- Dinner-time rituals. Are you stuck in a rut eating all your meals at the coffee table in front of the TV? So common. Here are four simple ways to spruce your mealtimes.
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Work out with me! I’m so excited to finally share about this big project … “Work out with me on demand on Fit Revolution.”
- Inspiration. This is a post I wrote based on some of the things I learned while working with a life coach … “How to find inspiration (and why you should care).”
That’ll do it! Thanks for reading the blog today, my friends! I appreciate you! 🙂 xoxo
Questions of the day
How was your week?
Have you tried one of my Fit Revolution workouts yet? Hope so!
What’s in store for your weekend?
Hope u have a nice holiday! Love that TJs pepita salsa, so good! Curious to see what u think of the maple protein muffin…. been wanting to try it!
Hi Steph, I tried the chocolate protein muffin from TJ’s, and it was pretty good! I will report back on the maple one this weekend. Thanks so much for saying hi, lady! Have a GREAT weekend!!
Hi Ashley! Just curious why you don’t take rest days anymore? I thought it was so refreshing when your HA journey had you doing a more relaxed workout schedule.
Hi. Laura! Thanks for asking! I do take rest days every week. When I do a 10-minute slow flow yoga on a rest day, that’s still a rest day — it’s not power yoga, it’s stretching, and is totally a recovery method, sometimes done in pajamas and not in workout clothes. Also, I recovered from HA four years ago and was VERY slow to add intense exercise and more workouts back into my week, so this has been a slow build to have a full week of workouts again. My body has adapted, and I’m doing very well with it hormonally, and if I wasn’t, I’d certainly cut back. Also, if you recall, last week I had three rest days, so they are definitely there. And I think everyone needs them! 🙂
Ted Lasso was absolutely hilarious! I can’t wait for the new season to come out. Have a wonderful weekend with your fam 🙂
Question about Fit Revolution – the app/website looks amazing, but are there prenatal or prenatal-friendly workouts? I’m a FTM so really have no idea what/how to modify! Thanks! 🙂
Hi Jen, Most of my classes are prenatal friendly, outside of the crunching at the end, so you’d be safe. If you sign up, I can give you some pointers too. And there should be some pregnancy workouts coming soon, but I don’t think there are specific ones yet. Let me know if you have any other questions!! 🙂