Welcome to the latest edition of current faves, my friends. Well, 2020, you’ve been tough. As I write this blog post, we’re back in full-on shelter-in-place mode in the Bay Area, and everything is closed again. It’s not like we were out doing much, but it did feel good to have some options. Oh well.
Anywho, this week was super busy for me. I went to the dentist, taught my two virtual barre classes on Motus, did a lot of work on the blog and Beautycounter, and I also did a bunch of other stuff I hope to tell you about soon. We don’t have any big plans this weekend, because we’re not supposed to be going anywhere or seeing anyone through January 4. Good times. I’ll probably work out, work and maybe watch a couple of Christmas movies too. How about you?
Let’s lighten it up and do some faves …
Recent outings around the Bay Area
Although I often share what we’re up to on Instagram stories, I haven’t reported too much on the blog in the last couple of weeks. So here’s what we’ve been up to …
Visiting Artesa Winery in Napa
Have you seen the Netflix movie “Wine Country”? Well, in that movie, the ladies visit the popular Artesa Winery. And for some reason, Dave and I had never gone there, even though it’s well-known and we’ve been to so many wineries over the years. We finally went …
(My dress is from Lululemon last season and is no longer available, but here’s a similar style.)
And boy, the view and scene at Artesa are both spectacular. The wine was pretty good — not amazing — but the setting was absolutely stunning, and I can now see what all the fuss was about. We’d love to go back when wine country reopens.
Exploring San Francisco
Last weekend, when things were still a little bit more open, Dave, Brady, Rudy and I went to visit Dave’s sister, Gwena, at her new apartment in the Twin Peaks area of San Francisco.
We spent a lot of time outside walking around Fort Mason by the water and even hiking up Twin Peaks, as well as getting a delicious take-out lunch from Blue Barn. It was nice to get out of our little area to hang out for a bit in the fresh air.
(These shoes are still a staple.)
And of course, Brady had a great time exploring new places, like he always does. We love San Francisco, and visiting it always makes me so happy that we lived there for almost three years before heading over to the East Bay. It’s a great city!
New Lululemon hoodie
Would you believe that our Lululemon store now requires appointments because it’s so busy and the capacity is limited? It’s true. The good news is that you can order your high-quality athleisure goods online these days.
I ordered this zip-up hoodie a few weeks ago, and as soon as it arrived, I put it on, because I was so excited about it. (Whereas, I used to wait a really long time before wearing new things. For instance, the Lululemon dress from the above picture was from last Christmas, and I hadn’t worn it until a couple of weekends ago. Why wait? I’m trying to get better about that these days.)
(Lululemon hoodie. I’m wearing a size 8.)
I’ve worn this hoodie several times this week already. And even though the fabric isn’t super thick, it keeps me nice and warm and it has thumb-holes too. I bought the red color, but there’s also a great version in black, if you prefer neutrals. Lululemon makes a great hoodie. Love this one.
The last day for Beautycounter ground shipping is December 14 and a “wish list”
I am blown away by how many of you shopped Beautycounter in the month of November for the first time with me. It makes me SO happy! If you haven’t tried Beautycounter yet and still want to, fill out this skincare survey, and I’ll help you out.
The cutoff for regular ground shipping in order to get products in time for Christmas is Monday, December 14. So get those orders in. You have plenty of time for second-day air though, and I’ll reimburse anyone that needs that option, just reach out to me.
Also, if you want to receive Beautycounter products as a gift this year, you can fill out this “wish list” form, and I’ll give your gift-giver a hint.
Here’s a look at my workouts from the last couple of weeks …
Week of 11/23
- Monday: 30-minute BODYPUMP, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: 30-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 45-minute full-body weights, 8:45 a.m.
- Thursday: 30-minute cycle, 10 a.m
- Friday: 30-minute full-body weights, 5 p.m.
- Saturday: Rest day
- Sunday: 50-minute POP Pilates, 11 a.m.
Week of 11/30
- Monday: 45-minute full-body weights, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 45-minute full-body weights, 8:45 a.m.
- Thursday: Taught 45-minute barre, 12 p.m., 20-minute cycle, 6 p.m.
- Friday: 30-minute BODYPUMP, 10 a.m.
- Saturday: 15-minute cycle, 10-minute arms, 6 p.m.
- Sunday: Rest day
These past two weeks of workouts were good. I’m happy to be back to teaching my twice weekly live classes on Motus too. (Haven’t taken my class yet? Head here to sign up to sweat with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon Pacific.) Other than that, I picked up weights three times each week, which is my number-one priority, and I fit in some cardio and rest too.
A few A Lady Goes West recommended products
You guys know I only share what I love, so here are some of the brands I recommend …
- Fit Revolution. Get a 7-day trial to this amazing workout platform and take my classes.
- Carbon38. The coolest activewear around. Get 15 percent off your first two orders of $100 or more using the code ASHLEYPITT.
- G2G protein bars. I love these tasty and clean protein bars. You can get 15 percent off your order on the G2G Bar site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Organifi superfood supplements. I’m all about the Organifi Complete Plant-Based protein powder, the RED powder and the GOLD powder. You can get 15 percent off your order on the Organifi site with the code ALADYGOESWEST.
- Beautycounter. The best safe skincare and makeup. Send me a message, and I’ll share a 10 percent off code for your very first order.
- Les Mills On Demand streaming workouts. My favorite fitness brand. You can do a whole month of workouts during a free 30-day trial by using my special referral link here.
- Les Mills Coach program. You can get 15 percent off a 4-, 8- or 12-week guided coaching and accountability program with the code ASHLEY15.
- Four Sigmatic. These superfood coffees and teas are so good — I especially love the Cacao Chill and Lion’s Mane Latte. Get 15 percent off your order on the Four Sigmatic site using the code ALADYGOESWEST.
Love these bars. And I just restocked this week …
Best reads and listens
A few things from around the web
- Podcast episode. I liked this episode of “The Rachel Hollis Podcast” all about what to do when everything feels hard. She walks us through ways to separate what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling about it. Definitely a worthy listen for times like these.
- Holiday movie list. I don’t know about you, but I love a good holiday movie. If you’ve got some free time, here’s a list of 20 of the best holiday movies. What’s your favorite?
And here’s the quote of the week from the Calm app, which I use to do my daily morning meditations …
A Lady Goes West favorite archives
- Gifts! If you’re doing some shopping for a man in your life, make sure you check out this one … “Holiday gift guide for guys.”
- Gifts! And if you’re looking for something special for a lady in your life, make sure you check out this one … “Holiday gift guide for ladies.”
Thank you for coming by the blog today, my friends! Take care!
Questions of the day
How was your week?
Have you done your holiday shopping yet?
What are you up to this weekend?