Sometimes we just need to refocus. Collect our thoughts. Get ourselves together and write out a plan. (As well as drink delicious new chia-filled beverages by Naked Juice, which I’ll tell you more about below.)
Because yesterday was the first official day of fall, it seems like the perfect time to be thankful for all of the fun of the summer, but also make sure we’re still on the right track to living well and accomplishing the goals we set out at the beginning of the year. At least that’s the case for me …
The past few months have included more travel for me than ever before. This summer, I had a ton of fun, went to a lot of events and had far too many opportunities to throw my routine to the wind. And it was great, but now it’s time to get back on the ball with good habits.
While I know I lead a pretty healthy life, I’m far from perfect. Throughout all of my summer vacations, which began with a week away over Memorial Day in Florida and continued with trips to Los Angeles, San Diego, Monterey, Maui, Napa and Columbus, I’ve been skipping workouts, eating more junk than usual and indulging far above the 80/20 moderation rule. Sometimes that happens in life, and it’s nothing to be feared, but it doesn’t mean it can go on forever. Now that my last big trip is over, I figured I’d write out how things need to change a bit for me with a refocus …
My goals for a healthy and energy-filled fall season
- Do at least one full hour of yoga each week. For a while, I had been doing shorter 15-20 minute sessions each week at home and noticed my flexibility was definitely decreasing. I need to get back on that full-hour session, even if it means doubling up on workouts for the day. Yoga is good for the mind and body!
- Go to bed at the same time each night, and wake up at the same time each day. Being totally regular with your sleep schedule is the best way to be. However, I’ve found that the nights before days when I don’t have to teach an early class, I tend to stay up watching TV with Dave later than I should. I need to make sure I’m getting my 7-8 hours each night no matter what, because I’ve been feeling a little bit draggy. In bed before 10:30 p.m. is my new rule.
- Have a plan for all of my daily meals. I used to be diligent about having my overnight oats made for breakfast, my snacks packed for my outings and a general idea for everything I was going to eat each day, outside of the weekends of course. That habit has slipped a bit, and I’ve found myself standing hungry in the pantry at meal times, which isn’t always the best idea. Many tubs of trail mix have been finished in that spot in front of the pantry …
- Drink more. Drink more. Drink more. Did you know that a lot of people are walking around dehydrated and they don’t even know it? I know I need more water each day due to the amount I always sweat out, but I never seem to up my intake. Quite frankly, I need more liquids in general. Coconut water, green tea, delicious and healthy Naked Juice products, like the new line of chia juice smoothies, etc. are all great ways to hydrate, energize and get some nutrients too, as long as you don’t overdo the ones with higher calorie counts.
- Move more outside of just my workouts. Yes, I work out most days of the week, but a lot of my time is spent behind a computer seated in a chair, and this is not good. As much as I try to tell myself to get up and walk around, it doesn’t happen as much as it needs to. This fall, when the weather is more moderate, I’m going to commit to at least one long walk (with Rudy, of course) each day, and I know he will like that too.
- Step away from technology. I’m guilty of checking my phone as the last thing I do before I go to sleep and the first thing I do when I wake up. Life is what happens in front of your face, not on your screen, so I know I need to pull back a bit on the social media, and I’m likely not going to miss anything too important. (And if I do, would you please tag me and let me know?)
With these few changes, I’m sure I’ll have my energy levels and overall healthy outlook back in place in no time, which will hopefully help me shake those post-vacation blues. Quite honestly, just writing down my plan of action makes me feel a little bit better. Here’s to a healthy fall! Speaking of healthy …
Introducing the new chia and juice smoothies from Naked Juice
You know I love my Naked Juice, and these tasty products have been there for me in the fridge after several trips away, just when I needed them. As an ambassador for the company, I get to try out the latest and greatest, and I’ve been nothing but impressed with everything that comes from this awesome brand.
Today, I’d like to introduce you to the new line of chia juice smoothies from Naked Juice, featuring tons of nutritious chia seeds, perfect for a healthy fall beverage or snack.
These juices are gluten free, vegan, have no added sugar, nor added preservatives. In fact, all of the sugar included comes from the fruits and veggies in the bottle. Here’s what you need to know …
- Chia Cherry Lime is a great source of potassium, containing 10,000 mg of chia seeds, 10 and 1/3 sweet cherries, 1/5 of a lime, 3 and 2/3 apples, 1/4 of a plum, 114 mg of calcium, 6 grams of fiber, 1029 mg of omega-3 ALA, .68 mg of iron and 2 grams of protein. It’s got a super delicious cherry lime taste, with a nice and thick consistency.
- Chia Sweet Peach is a great source of vitamin A, containing 10,000 mg of chia seeds, 1/2 of a peach, 1/2 of an orange, a 1/6 of a mango, 2 and 3/4 apples, 114 mg of calcium, 8 grams of fiber, .68 mg of iron, 977 mg of omega-3 ALA and 4 grams of protein. It has the best peachy taste and creamy texture. (Dave’s new favorite juice!)
These delicious juices are a great pick-me-up to keep you on track toward your goals this fall, as well as any time of year. Give them a try! That’s that folks, have a wonderful day! I’ll see you back here tomorrow for my weekly “favorites” post.Do you need to hit the reset button to get back on track with your goals this fall? #goals #fall Click To Tweet
**As a Naked Juice Ambassador, please know that this post is sponsored by the brand and I received complimentary products as well as compensation. However, all of the thoughts and opinions are my own. As always, I thank you for supporting my sponsors.
Questions of the day
Do you have any new goals for the fall?
What’s something that you are looking forward to this fall?