Happy Saturday! I hope you’re having a great weekend so far.
You may notice that I spend a lot of time talking about and writing about fitness on A Lady Goes West. Not only is fitness my profession, but it’s one of my main interests.
Over the past few months, I’ve gone to more than a dozen studios, gyms and classes around San Francisco to try out nationally branded and one-stop local workout and exercise programs spanning from mind-body to bootcamp style.
Because it’s the weekend, I thought you may enjoy a look back at all the fun, especially because some of these types of classes may be offered in your neck of the woods.
I visited many classes via a complimentary membership to the ClassPass service, which just launched in San Francisco. And some of the other classes I was also able to try for free, but that doesn’t color my opinion at all. You’ll see I’m pretty darn honest in these.
Here’s a look …
- My first Pilates Reformer experience
- Two San Francisco yoga studio experiences
- Ride the waves of SurfSET Fitness
- Strala STRONG Yoga at Sports Club LA
- Sweating it out at Bikram Yoga North Beach
- Class review: Pure Barre offers some burn
- Class review: Cardio Barre moves fast
- Class review: Elevate Fitness SCULPT session
- Class review: Pop Physique’s Pop Sculpt
- Class review: Barry’s Bootcamp kicks your booty
- Class review: Moxie yoga’s most advanced class
- Class review: TRX at the flagship center
- Class review: Beginner silks at Aspen Aerials
- Class review: Riding to the SoulCycle Beat
- Class review: Avant-Barre welcomes everyone
What was my favorite class? That’s hard to say, because I liked something about each and every experience, and I took something away from every one as well. And I mention in the review whether I’d return or not.
If you’re looking into trying a new studio or program in your area, I encourage you to take the chance. Your body loves change, and even though it can be scary to be a newbie in a class, many times you walk out of there feeling great. So go for it!
And with that, I’m off to teach my own group fitness class. It’s time for some Les Mills BODYATTACK.
Questions of the day
What do you most look forward to during the weekend? Have you tried a new workout lately?