Happy Wednesday, folks! Did you know that today is the 45th anniversary of the first Earth Day in the U.S.? Well it is. Most people consider the first Earth Day as the start of the modern environmental movement, which began in the U.S. in 1970. And today, Earth Day is recognized and celebrated in nearly 200 countries worldwide.
While that concludes our history lesson, let’s all try to take a moment to do something kind for the planet today. Recycle? Plant a tree? Eat local? Reduce your water use? Whatever you can do!
But I digress, because today is “What I Ate Wednesday,” which is my weekly chance to share a full day of my eating with you. I usually choose a healthy weekday in the beginning of the week and take pictures of every single one of my meals from that day. Why? So you get some ideas and meal inspiration from a pretty healthy eater and so you can sit back and judge what someone else’s real food looks like. I find that these posts are some of my more popular ones, so I keep doing them every single week.
Here is a look at everything I ate on Monday of this week. For some reason, Monday is always my lightest eating and healthiest day of the week, every single week. And I think that mostly stems from the fact that my weekends are more indulgent, so I’m always ready to jump back to clean eating on Monday. This particular Monday, I didn’t teach my usual BODYATTACK class and was extra busy.
Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
Break the fast: You’re looking at a delicious and hearty bowl of overnight oats, made with Greek yogurt, rolled oats, vanilla almond milk, chia seeds and cinnamon and topped with a banana. Alongside that, I had some hot green tea sweetened with stevia and almond milk.
Lunch at noon
Free food: I was at the gym all day on Monday and lunch was provided, so I didn’t have much to choose from. I helped myself to a turkey wrap, a ham wrap, some fresh fruit and a KIND bar. The wraps were full of cheese, veggies, avocado and all the good stuff, and I quite enjoyed them.
Afternoon snack at 4:30 p.m.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Ugly but good: Check out the size of that delicious baked sweet potato. I enjoyed it with some sliced tomatoes and two fried eggs. This meal was quick, filling and just what I needed to end my day. Haven’t tried sweet potato and eggs before? You’re missing out!
*Also consumed but un-pictured items include a flavored sports beverage and some almond milk.
And that was it for Monday’s eats. Overall, pretty healthy and filling, so I’d say it was a good day.
I’ve been rather occupied with some extra stuff taking place at the gym and even have a sub secured for my BODYATTACK class tonight because of a conflict. But of course, I’ll be back with you tomorrow for something different and will report on all my activities very soon. Go off and enjoy your Wednesday, my friends!
More daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
- Front-loading all the healthy this week
- MealEnders giveaway and back to healthy food
- Eating, drinking and sharing the pictures
- I don’t like bad people, I do like good food
- Smart training nutrition tips and my meals
- “What I Ate Wednesday” and a Phenoh 7.4 review
- What my daily meals look like in pictures
Questions of the day
How’s your week going?
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
Do you have any tips for green living on this fine Earth Day?