And here we are on what is hopefully the last day of the work-week for you. Welcome to Friday, my friends. I think it’s going to be a good one!
On Friday mornings, I always teach an early BODYATTACK class, which is a great and sweaty kick-off the day. After class, I have quite a bit of work to do, and as of now, I’m not sure what the evening entails. Tomorrow morning, instead of teaching my two classes at Orangetheory Fitness, I’m going to a special fitness event hosted by POPSUGAR in the City, which I’m pretty excited about. There aren’t a lot of other things on the agenda for Dave and for me this weekend outside of attending a Golden State Warriors Finals game on Sunday night. Go Warriors!
My latest “Friday Favorites”
Today, it’s all about “Friday Favorites.” These are a few unrelated items that have been making me happy lately, all wrapped up into one post. I really enjoy writing my “Friday Favorites” lists, because sometimes we just need something light-hearted to peruse. Here we go …
My ultimate “Friday Favorite”
I think it’s obvious that Rudy the maltipoo, my new puppy, is my favorite favorite ever. This time last week, I had no idea what life would be like with Rudy in it. We brought Rudy home last Saturday, and everything has truly changed. While he is just a little baby weighing only three pounds, he has quite the presence in our home. He is playful, mischievous and so incredibly fuzzy. Dave thinks his fur on top of his head looks like messy “Einstein” hair, and I agree.
I’ve got to be honest, I’d love to write about him every single day and post a ton of pictures. But then I remember just a week ago, I wasn’t dog-obsessed, so I better keep it under control so as not to scare you away. But seriously, who doesn’t like to see a little fuzzball like this guy? The ultimate favorite!
My favorite recent event and shiny finds
Last Thursday night, I attended the Rocksbox Gold Rush party in the SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco for Rocksbox ItGirls and fans. I almost didn’t get to go, because I wasn’t able to secure a sub for my two evening group fitness classes until mid-day. But once they were covered, I suited up in normal clothes (gasp!) and headed out. And I’m so glad I went, because in addition to scoring a gorgeous gold-plated Gorjana layered crescent necklace in my attendee gift bag, I also took a picture with a gold-painted model and caught up with some of my favorite San Francisco blogger friends, like Kelly, Lauren, Brandy and met a few new ones too!
Everything was gold at the Rocksbox Gold Rush party in San Francisco, held at the StyleSeat headquarters. And of course, I wore an item from my latest shipment in a show of support for this growing company.
Speaking of Rocksbox, if you want to give this jewelry-subscription service a try, you can get a free month by signing up using my code: aladygoeswestxoxo. And if you do, I’ll get a little credit, so thanks for that (and thanks to Rocksbox for my complimentary membership). Having new jewelry delivered to my door has been quite fun over the past few months!
My favorite nutritious surprises
This week, I got something special in the mail from a friend and blog reader, Courtney. Courtney is a successful Beachbody Coach, and she decided to send me a couple packets of Shakeology just because she’s thoughtful. I mean, how awesome is that? Especially because I love this stuff and have wanted to get more of it in my hands since the first time I tried it last year, also compliments of Courtney. Shakeology is full of so many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and even vegan protein. What’s not to like about it?
The mailbox has been full this week, seeing as my friends over at CLIF Bar sent me a little care package as well. Oftentimes I have to miss out on blogger and media events, because I teach my own group fitness classes in the evenings. The folks at CLIF are holding one next week that I won’t be able to attend, and because they didn’t want me to totally miss out, they popped this box of goodies in the mail instead. I’m still sad to miss the event though, so hopefully I’ll get to go to the next one.
These organic trail mix bars are very tasty and right up my alley (as are most of the products from both CLIF and their sister-company LUNA). I’m all about convenience, and when you’re hungry for a snack, a CLIF bar is quite satisfying. Dave and I are big fans.
Sweet and salty is such a great combination, and that’s what all of the CLIF Organic Trail Mix Bars deliver in around 200 calories or less. And did I mention organic?
These bars have been a great pre-workout snack for the week. And of course, at least one of these has been riding around in my very full gym bag as well. There’s only one left in the pantry, so we’ll see who grabs it first. Dave or me? Maybe I should just go eat it now to make sure …
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week? Here’s what happened …
- Big family news — A new puppy, my workouts and my weekend
- Grammar — Improve your writing with these grammar tips
- Food pictures — Every thing I ate yesterday
- Getting personal — What’s in the bag of a group fitness instructor
And this is a funny one that one of my friends posted to Facebook yesterday. Looks like this gal went to college in the very early 2000s, so she’s perhaps a couple years older than me, but this made me laugh. Check out “10 Things I’m Glad I Didn’t Exist When I Was in College.” I mean, disposable cameras? Sorority picture flash websites? Yes! Those things bring me back!
Have a great weekend
I hope you will be cheering for the Golden State Warriors in their Finals game on Sunday night, because I sure will. And I also hope you have a lovely weekend, my blog-reading friends! You guys are awesome. I mean it.
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
Questions of the day
Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
Have you received any good mail recently?
What are you loving lately?