Greetings from the Sunshine State! Dave and I got into Florida last night, were greeted by my Momma and happily whisked home to my parent’s house for a good dinner.
It wasn’t exactly seamless travel though. Although we arrived at the airport an hour before our flight, the lines were so long in both ticketing and security, that we had to run to get on our plane and were the last ones onboard. Because we flew Southwest, that meant middle seats for both of us. And the second leg of our journey was delayed too. But the good news? The Wifi was only $8 on the first flight, so I typed up much of this post in the air, feeling like I had gotten a great deal!
A weekend full of wedding fun
This morning, I’m heading to meet with the bride and other bridesmaids for manis/pedis and lunch to begin the festivities of the weekend. After that, I’ll be fitting in some family time. Tomorrow, we have the wedding rehearsal, Greek dancing practice (it’s a Big Fat Greek Wedding) and the rehearsal dinner, with the main event taking place on Sunday. It’s going to be a fabulous couple of days of celebrations!
My latest “Friday Favorites”
But you’re here today to look at this week’s round of “Friday Favorites,” so let’s get to it …
My favorite handy gadget
Have you ever been out-and-about when your phone ran out of battery and then you felt helpless? Well, you don’t have to worry about that when you have one of these trusty little gadgets. My brother got me this super-cool portable charger as part of a Christmas present, and I’ve finally been putting it to good use. Last Saturday, when I attended that amazing all-day Les Mills group fitness event, I charged my phone a couple of times during the day as the battery began to drop, and I was quickly back in business to Tweet, post on Instagram and take pictures.
I highly recommend this Poweradd Ultra Slim Charger, which not only charges your devices and fits in your pocket, but also acts as a flashlight.
This little thing comes with adapters to hook up to most types of phones. All you have to do is charge it for a few hours, then take it with you on-the-go, and you’ll never run out of juice for your small electronics again. What a great invention! And thanks, Brother, for the useful gift! Oh and P.S. This is an awesome gift for Father’s Day, which is right around the corner!
My favorite soothing tea
My name is Ashley, and I scream at the top of my lungs for about 15 hours-a-week. True story. Being that I’m a group fitness instructor, who has to use my voice and project on a microphone, I have to do a few preventative things to keep my vocal chords in check. Other than hydrating and sleeping, I also load up on herbal tea.
Loving this herbal Yogi Tea Throat Comfort as a soothing nice warm beverage with wild cherry and licorice flavors.
I recently started buying and drinking this tasty and soothing decaf tea in the afternoons and love that it has some gentle throat-coating properties. Even if you don’t need throat help, you’ll probably like the taste. Good stuff!
My favorite group of people
You all! Just wanted to thank you out there for reading this little blog, commenting, sharing and showing up. I love you guys! And that is all.
My favorite piece of mail
With free snacks, cheap WiFi and no baggage fees, Southwest is just about my favorite airline (except those cushy seats on Virgin planes are pretty nice). Dave and I almost always fly Southwest, so we can accumulate the loyalty points. Well because of that, you can imagine my delight when this came in the mail just in time for our latest adventure across the country …
Thanks, Southwest. Now if only you served hot matcha lattes and carrot cake, then you’d totally be my favorite airline.
My favorite links of the week
Did you miss out on some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week?
- Fun and fitness — My great weekend and my weekly workouts
- The best day — An amazing day of group fitness at the Les Mills Super Q
- Beets and my eats — How to eat beets and a look at a day of my food
- Exciting stuff — Finding your passion and some fab news
Also, thanks for the team at Fit Approach and Sweat Pink for featuring me in their weekly spotlight article — check out this “#SweatPink Spotlight.”
And here’s a great article from Gym Geek featuring my advice as part of “Experts Tell Us the Biggest Mistakes Newbies Make in the Gym.” And don’t make those mistakes!
I hope you have a wonderful Friday and long weekend, my friends! Check me out on Instagram to see some fun Florida and wedding photos. See you soon!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
Questions of the day
What’s something cool you’re loving lately?
Do you have a preferred airline to fly?
Do you have any plans for the Memorial Day weekend?