Hello there, my friends! We made it to Friday, thank goodness. I hope your week has been going along nicely. And I also hope you’re in a good “TGIF” type of mood today.
This morning, I’m not only teaching my usual BODYATTACK class, but I’m also teaching a BODYPUMP class at the same gym with a one-hour break in between. I launched BODYPUMP 94 last night and will be repeating the new release this morning (more than 1,000 repetitions in one class, by the way!). After teaching, I’ll be heading home to do some work, jump on a conference call about an upcoming project, shower up and then meet some girls for a wine date in downtown Walnut Creek.
This weekend will hopefully include a lot of relaxing. As I’ve alluded to lately, I’ve been busy, busy, busy and am in need of a little breather. That being said, I have decided to stop teaching regularly on the weekends for a while. With so much travel coming up, it just didn’t make sense for me to keep my weekend classes and continue to search for subs.
As far as other plans for the weekend, Dave and I have a double-date on Saturday night, and that’s about the extent of it. But today, I’m here to give you my “Friday Favorites,” and this is a bunch of good stuff with a special giveaway mixed in!
My favorite group fitness company and protein powder (and GIVEAWAY)
Several months ago, I was super excited to be able to announce the launch of Les Mills Good Protein. You know my love for the Les Mills company runs deep, and I’m also a huge fan of the company’s products, like the protein powder and even the SMARTBAR. When Les Mills creates something, they go for high-quality all the way. And today I’d like to give two readers the chance to win a small bag (which includes about 12 servings) of this protein powder in either chocolate or vanilla flavor. Spreading the Les Mills cheer!
Speaking of Les Mills, I ran into the program director of BODYATTACK, Lisa Osbourne, at IDEA World in LA last week and was so excited to see her in person, because I see her so often on my instructor videos. I also ran into some of my favorite Les Mills ladies in the expo hall as they were hanging out at the Good Protein booth. Love it!
GIVEAWAY ALERT: All you have to do to enter to win is leave a comment on this post. You can leave an additional and separate comment if you (A) like A Lady Goes West on Facebook and (B) follow A Lady Goes West on Instagram. So the more comments, the more chances you can win. It’s just that easy! And if you don’t win and would like to try out Les Mills Good Protein yourself, you can visit the online shop and use the code GOWEST15 for 15 percent off your order.
My favorite goodies of the week
As you can imagine, from walking the IDEA World Fitness Convention expo hall and being an attendee and speaker at IDEA BlogFest, I came away with a lot of loot. Yet I planned ahead and knew to keep some extra space in my suitcase for all the goodies I would bring home.
Various snack bars, hummus, healthy protein powders, a prAna workout outfit, a Sweat Pink hat, shoelaces, ditty bag, water bottle, hand-weights, massage balls and more. I love all the stuff I was given and have been making my way through the snacks already. Perhaps the best thing I discovered at the expo hall? Quest bars! True story, I had never had one until this past weekend, and they are divine. My favorite flavor so far is the Banana Nut Muffin … yum-central.
My favorite outfits of the week
It’s not often that I get dressed up outside of workout clothes more than a couple of days in-a-row. Yet, while in LA for IDEA BlogFest, I dressed in normal clothes four nights in-a-row, and it was awesome. Here’s just a sampling …
On the left, this GB Lace Yoke Shift Dress in Hot Pink is so comfortable, and because the color is so bright, it really popped in the pictures. Upper-right corner is a loose Drapey Jersey Tank and Lululemon leggings, and on the bottom-right corner is a Lush Sleeveless Henley Blouse and faux leather pants, similar to these.
Needless to say, I really enjoyed getting cleaned up each night after a ton of sweat sessions. But really, all things IDEA BlogFest could have made up my “Friday Favorites” today, so we’ll leave it at that.
My favorite links of the week
I hope you didn’t miss some of the good stuff on A Lady Goes West this week. Here’s what happened …
- Blogging and fitness — The big highlights from IDEA BlogFest in LA
- Fitness information — What I learned about fitness at IDEA World Fitness
- Food pictures — All of my meals from a healthy weekday
- Outdoor fun and coconut water — Fun in the sun on a trip I almost didn’t take
Have a fabulous weekend, my friends! I’ll be checking in on Instagram until we meet again. Talk to you soon!
Enter the Les Mills Good Protein giveaway
Don’t forget to leave a comment to enter the Les Mills protein powder giveaway. (If you don’t know how to leave a comment, just click on the title of this post and then scroll to the bottom of the page — you’ll see some fields open up for you to put your name, email and comment.) You can earn additional entries by liking A Lady Goes West on Facebook and following A Lady Goes West on Instagram. Leave a separate comment for each thing you do. Two lucky winners will be selected randomly on Monday night via the comments. This giveaway is open to those in the U.S. only, sorry to my international friends. But good luck to everyone else!
Read more Friday Favorites
- A snack, a purse and a ritual
- A delivery, a bra and a guy
- A sweet, a wine and a read
- A drink, a gadget and a plan
- A time, a bottle and a powder
- San Francisco edition
- Beauty edition
- Beach vacation edition
- Hidden meanings
- Kicks, a book and a bowl
- The very best sweatshirts
- Party hosting and froyo
- Fourth of July daytime activity
- Beauty basics edition
- Workplace edition
- Shopping, sales and a show
- The foods I always buy
- Sushi, a game and pants
- Fitness apps
- Delicious and healthy products
- Comfort, fitness and function
- Beauty, buddha and blog events
- Dining, the city and gift ideas
- POPSUGAR, sweets and such
- A bunch of fun stuff
- e-book, food, picnic and tunes
- A link, a superfood and a mask
- Pants, shoes, food and links
- Dining, protein and goodies
- Shopping, events and a book
- A gym bag, pumpkin and juices
- Workout gear, a top and a massage
- prAna, a watch, tea and more
- Tasty stuff and gift sales
- Decor, bars, boots and a drink
- Flowers, music and more
- Coqueta, a brush and food
- My people and the holidays
- Beauty, bling and entertainment
- A hodge-podge of goodies
- Just a few special things
- Tasty food, drinks and moving
- A bunch of feel-good stuff
- Home, car and fitness finds
- Sweets, cooking, beauty and blog
- Gold, yoga, photos and more
- Celebs, scents, games and more
- Food, shoes, stretches and fun
- Purse, snack, plant and more
- Fresh, healthy, clean and square
- Pilates, sneaks and much more
- Quite a few good things
- Food, jewels and sweat etc.
- Fun stuff and a giveaway
- Goodies and a yoga giveaway
- Orange, bikes and healthy food
- Food, tech, sparkle and more
- Clothes, home, a roller and more
- Florida, tech, tea and more
- Toiletries, gifts and more
- Fashion, food and a giveaway
- Events, surprises and a puppy
- Good stuff and a giveaway
- Bling, crunch and pet goods
- Fitness, fashion and food
- Health, food and grooming
- A case, sneaks and smoothies
Questions of the day
What are your plans for the weekend?
Do you have something new in your life you’re loving lately?
Do you want to win some Les Mills Good Protein?