Wednesday already? Here we are in the middle of the week. And this is a short one for me, because I’m heading out to Florida tomorrow for a bachelorette party in Key West. Good times ahead! But as the title of this post suggests, I’m front-loading my workouts and nutritious food, because it’s not going to be top of mind while I’m away and celebrating.
As usual on Wednesdays, today is all about food. Over the weekends, I like to indulge in a little wine and dessert, but Monday through Thursday, I prefer to keep my eats on the clean side. Sharing these posts each week is something I like to do, because it shows that consistency, variety and color are all aspects of a healthy diet. I never skip a meal, I try to include protein and carbs on each plate, and I also make sure to get plenty of fruits and veggies.
Here is everything I ate on Monday of this week …
Breakfast at 8 a.m.
Oatmeal. I made this by microwaving a mixture of half a cup of oats and half a cup of almond milk. After it was cooked, I added cinnamon, a scoop of almond butter and a sliced-up banana. This bowl of goodness was enjoyed alongside a mug of green tea, sweetened with stevia and almond milk.
Mid-morning snack at 11 a.m.
Cottage cheese, of course. Protein, tasty and everything you could ask for in a snack. And it’s so easy to pair with other things. Sometimes cottage cheese makes an appearance during my breakfast and sometimes it shows up during my snacks or lunch.
Lunch at 1:30 p.m.
This is a play on the fabulous orange dream mango protein smoothie I shared last week. But this time, I added a cup of frozen spinach for some greens. And yes, just that one cup of spinach changes the color completely.
Mid-afternoon snack at 5 p.m.
I eat a couple of protein bars a week, usually before teaching morning classes, and this Balance Bar has a good combination of both protein and carbs. Perfect pre-BODYATTACK fuel. This was nibbled on alongside another mug of hot green tea, sweetened with stevia and almond milk.
Dinner at 8:30 p.m.
Look at those grill marks. Dave prepared this BBQ-flavored chicken on the grill, and the kale and cranberry, pecan and honey-dijon-dressed salad is a pre-packaged one from Safeway that we’ve been buying a lot lately.
That’s that! My weekly food recap has officially been shared. Now enjoy your Wednesday, friends! I’ve got quite a bit to do, including teaching BODYATTACK, before I board an airplane super early tomorrow! Woohoo!
More daily eating recaps
Each week, “What I Ate Wednesday” is hosted by Peas and Crayons for bloggers to showcase their eats to the world. If you want to see more food recaps, check out some of my posts from the past here:
- A full day of eating in pictures
- Another full day of my eats and drinks
- Real food isn’t always pretty
- Do you have a balanced dining out strategy?
- What I ate and drank all day
- Three meals, two snacks and a shake
- Food trucks and rest-day eating
- Plenty of protein at every meal
- Colorful fuel for a day of training
- Long days of training require a lot of food
- Making do on “What I Ate Wednesday”
- Healthy foods for a rest day
- Who doesn’t like pictures of food?
- A look at a full day of eating in pictures
- Snapshots from a day of delicious meals
- Pictures of food, because you like them
- Food pictures and the juice cleanse that wasn’t
- A look at what I really eat in a day
- What I ate in the Sunshine State
- My weekend eats and a little narrative
- Stories about food and yesterday’s meals
- A day of eating and some commentary
- Do you want to know what I ate yesterday?
- Healthy challenges and foods from my day
- Eating, napping and eating again
- Filling up on healthy food before the holiday
- A perfect birthday at home and my eats
- Top blog posts, reader stats and my food
- A different kind of training and my food
- Joining a healthy green movement and my eats
- Must-try veggie pasta tip and my eats
- Are you eating this sweet and satisfying fruit?
- What a difference a week makes and my eats
- On Wednesdays we look at pictures of food
- Food, drinks and a very hydrating giveaway
Questions of the day
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately? How’s your week going so far? What’s the last place you traveled to by plane?